Polywell Awareness

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

How did you find out about Polywell Fusion?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:52 am

Bussard`s google video presenation, or variation thereof.
65%
a science news and discovery website(you can name the website, but KEEP IT SHORT pls, just website and author).
18%
blog
18%
word of mouth
No votes

Total votes: 17

zbarlici

Polywell Awareness

Post by zbarlici »

I had no idea that the number of members on this forum is so high... this poll is to find out how you first heard about this nuclear fusion approach.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

With my vote it is unanimous - the video.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

It was nice to go back to check my Polywell link folder to remember how I got knowledge of it.

It was around in start of 2006 thank to a Hirsch-Farnsworth fusor search that I reached the 5th US-Japan IEC Workshop:
http://fti.neep.wisc.edu/iecworkshop/PD ... ski_US.pdf

I knew Bussard for his Ramjet work, so I started googling to get more info, and after a couple of days I remember that my first thought was: "this makes sense..."

Anyhow, a small trivia, as many might not know.
Guess who is the guy at page 6 of that PDF :twisted:

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

OK now I need another vote.

I saw the video on a blog.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

I was a lurker on the forums at fusor.net.
Vae Victis

EricF

Post by EricF »

I got here in a really roundabout way.

My friends dad did some consulting work for ITER, and brought me back a CD they give folks explaining the concept. Kind of like a demo/business card.

I started googling terminology from the CD and found Dr. Bussards google tech talk, and watched it a few times (mostly in installments. Trying to define he terminology based on sentence context every other sentence gave me a headache). So I had to google more terminology from the video and found iecfusiontech.blogspot.com, read that for a few weeks before finding a link to talk-polywell.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

I can't vote cuz you don't have what I suspect will be the biggest answer, Tom Ligon's article in Analog magazine.

CaptainBeowulf

Post by CaptainBeowulf »

I was googling for fusion research and came across Joe Strout's webpage The "Polywell" Approach to Fusion.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

The phrase "Should Google go nuclear?" got my attention from some list of links on some unrelated page I don't recall. The bit about funding Polywell (IIRC the full 200M$) being Google's yearly electricity bill was especially interesting.

Aero

Post by Aero »

Cosmic Log
Aero

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

/.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

choff

Post by choff »

A magazine cover that showed the empire state building getting bombed.
CHoff