Quantum Transitions

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

With connections to cold fusion and poorly reproducible anti-gravity, the crank coefficient is up there. 10^6 m/s being nearly the speed of light? Off by a factor of 300.

On the other hand, if the model proves out it could be a major breakthrough. A model of quantum effects without the usual mess may be what is needed to get a practical quantum gravity model.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

hanelyp wrote:With connections to cold fusion and poorly reproducible anti-gravity, the crank coefficient is up there. 10^6 m/s being nearly the speed of light? Off by a factor of 300.

On the other hand, if the model proves out it could be a major breakthrough. A model of quantum effects without the usual mess may be what is needed to get a practical quantum gravity model.
Dude. You have not been keeping up. Cold Fusion is reproducible. No one has nailed down why. The what is done regularly.

The video is poor. What he was talking about is the speed of light in a medium. It varies. Depending. And phonons may be involved.

Second. The Pioneer anomaly and Tajmar's work are in rough agreement.

and from EPL (Europhysics Letters)

comes: http://www.iop.org/EJ/article/-ffissn=0 ... 8bf456344b
Can the Tajmar effect be explained using a modification of inertia?

M. E. McCulloch

School of Physics, University of Exeter - Stoker Road, Exeter, EX4 4QL, UK, EU and Marine Science & Engineering, University of Plymouth - Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA, UK, EU

received 4 September 2009; accepted
in final form 3 December 2009 published online 5 January 2010

Abstract – The Tajmar effect is an unexplained acceleration observed by accelerometers and laser gyroscopes close to rotating supercooled rings. The observed ratio between the gyroscope and ring accelerations was 3±1.2×10−8. Here, a new model for inertia which has been tested quite successfully on the Pioneer and flyby anomalies is applied to this problem. The model assumes that the inertia of the gyroscope is caused by Unruh radiation that appears as the ring and the fixed stars accelerate relative to it, and that this radiation is subject to a Hubble-scale Casimir effect. The model predicts that the sudden acceleration of the nearby ring causes a slight increase in the inertial mass of the gyroscope, and, to conserve momentum in the reference frame of the spinning Earth, the gyroscope rotates clockwise with an acceleration ratio of 1.78±0.25×10−8 in agreement with the observed ratio. However, this model does not explain the parity violation seen in some of the gyroscope data. To test these ideas the Tajmar experiment (setup B) could be exactly reproduced in the Southern Hemisphere, since the model predicts that the anomalous acceleration should then be anticlockwise.
Introduction. – The Tajmar effect is a small unexplained acceleration observed in accelerometers and laser gyroscopes close to supercooled rotationally accelerated rings of niobium, aluminium, stainless steel and other materials [1–3]. The effect is similar to the Lense-Thirring effect (frame-dragging) predicted by General Relativity, but is 20 orders of magnitude larger. The effect has not yet been reproduced in another laboratory.
Note: it does not say another laboratory failed. So the question is still open.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

I got a book today on some of Tesla's work. Back then, there was still a large belief in an ether, which I'd imagine most here know of, as a universal medium--light and electricity were considered to be vibrations in the ether. Reading that was interesting in light of remembering his discussion of the speed of sound in electrons and such. I really don't have the physics knowledge to do more than point out the interesting connection. Might considering ether reactions fill some point much as considering things like light as both waves and particles under particular circumstances yield something of use?
Evil is evil, no matter how small

EricF

Post by EricF »

kunkmiester wrote:I got a book today on some of Tesla's work. Back then, there was still a large belief in an ether, which I'd imagine most here know of, as a universal medium--light and electricity were considered to be vibrations in the ether. Reading that was interesting in light of remembering his discussion of the speed of sound in electrons and such. I really don't have the physics knowledge to do more than point out the interesting connection. Might considering ether reactions fill some point much as considering things like light as both waves and particles under particular circumstances yield something of use?
I think that essentially descripted the electromagnetic field that permeates the universe?

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

EricF wrote:
kunkmiester wrote:I got a book today on some of Tesla's work. Back then, there was still a large belief in an ether, which I'd imagine most here know of, as a universal medium--light and electricity were considered to be vibrations in the ether. Reading that was interesting in light of remembering his discussion of the speed of sound in electrons and such. I really don't have the physics knowledge to do more than point out the interesting connection. Might considering ether reactions fill some point much as considering things like light as both waves and particles under particular circumstances yield something of use?
I think that essentially descripted the electromagnetic field that permeates the universe?
Zero-point field, which depending on the opinion of the physicist you ask either does or does not have real physical effects.
Vae Victis

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

Zero-point field, which depending on the opinion of the physicist you ask either does or does not have real physical effects.
The ether theories of the late 19th and early 20th centuries weren't zero point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminiferous_aether

it's pretty much considered bunk at this point, but returning to the idea to try to explain things might be interesting, provided you completely revamp the theory. The fact that this guy found that the measurements and vibrations explained so much indicates that describing light as a "vibration" might have some merit.
Evil is evil, no matter how small

Helius

Post by Helius »

It's involved in Black hole evaporation, isn't it? In everyday experience, I'll bet it adds to friction.

EricF

Post by EricF »

Hmm, something I read in another thread got me thinking: Does this have the potential to throw a monkey wrench in the Higgs Boson theory?

If I understand what the jist of the explanation was, under certain cirumstances the entire atom degenerates down to wave functions in which gravitic, magnetic, and nuclear forces equalize, and then re-establish itself with the electrons in new orbitals. If that is the case, then the formation of matter could simply a result of competing forces trapping eachother in place?

Frank Znidarsic

Thanks for reviewing my work

Post by Frank Znidarsic »

I have, since my appearance on Alien Scientist, spoke at a convention at Johns Hopkins. Miley was there.

http://events.linkedin.com/Space-Propul ... /pub/67871

I recorded my talk. It is linked below.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/zpt/chaptere.html

I have another paper, The Duality of Matter and Waves, coming out in Infinite Energy this June. Look for it. Again thanks for you interest.

Frank Znidarsic

jlumartinez

Post by jlumartinez »

There is more info about this theory of Quantum Transitions.

Interview with the author: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ykCWaVcjSA

Set of videos explaining in detail this theory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y356PNQw-mM