AGW Supporters always ignore this question

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Israeli polls on the peace question:

http://www.israpundit.com/2008/?p=19704
Noting that the IDF has called 2009 “a particularly quiet year in security terms,” the poll asked Israelis who they believed was responsible for the quiet. A majority of Jews (54%) said it was the result of the actions of Israeli security forces, while just 19% gave the majority of the credit to the Palestinian leadership. Among Israeli Arabs, however, a “prevailing assessment” (49%) said it was due to the decision of the Palestinian leadership to lessen the violence, while only 19.5% gave Israeli security forces most of the credit.

The “War and Peace Index” is funded by the Evans Program for Conflict Resolution Research of Tel Aviv University. It is considered an important ongoing barometer of Israelis’ opinions on issues affecting the peace process and the conflict in the region. It has been ongoing since 1993.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

MSimon wrote:The Lebanon adventure was instructive. The Israelis leveled everything the Palis owned until there were no more useful targets.
That would be a War Crime under Article 33 of the Fourth Geneva Convention ...
Ars artis est celare artem.

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

TallDave wrote:
Discrimination against Palestinians and in favour of Jews is endemic in almost every aspect of Israeli bureaucracy.
Because they aren't Israeili citizens.
Over a million Palestinians have Israeli citizenship...

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

alexjrgreen wrote:
TallDave wrote:
Discrimination against Palestinians and in favour of Jews is endemic in almost every aspect of Israeli bureaucracy.
Because they aren't Israeili citizens.
Funny thing is: no matter how much they dislike the Israelis when given the opportunity to join their Palestinian brethren they decline.

It reminds me of what Mohamed Ali said about America re: his slave ancestors, "Thank God they got on the boat."

And Israeli society was not always nice to Middle Eastern Jews. The Europeans got all the plums for a very long time.

Or take America - there was for the very longest time hostility against the Jews. It was said that to get a job a Jew had to be twice as good. Did the Jews trade on their victimhood? Not much. They got educated became 4 times as good and moved up in the world.

BTW for the longest time in America Jews were under a quota system limiting their numbers in the top schools.

Jew hatred in America peaked in 1944.

===

And how many Jews have Palestinian citizenship? Zero. Out of 6 million or so Jews there must be at least one or two who would like to live with the Palestinians.

So I ask. Why do the Palestinians practice apartheid?

===

So the Israelis treat the Palestinians badly and the Egyptians treat them worse. Why no outcry? Or take the Kuwaitis who expelled 400K million Palis - it went relatively unremarked.

Where is the clamor to get the Palis equal rights in Kuwait?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinia ... rom_Kuwait
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

MSimon wrote:
alexjrgreen wrote:
TallDave wrote: Because they aren't Israeili citizens.
Funny thing is: no matter how much they dislike the Israelis when given the opportunity to join their Palestinian brethren they decline.
The Catholics in Northern Ireland didn't want to move to Eire either...
MSimon wrote:And how many Jews have Palestinian citizenship? Zero. Out of 6 million or so Jews there must be at least one or two who would like to live with the Palestinians.
Why would they want to be stateless?
MSimon wrote:So I ask. Why do the Palestinians practice apartheid?
Because the Israelis do?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

MSimon wrote:
So I ask. Why do the Palestinians practice apartheid?
Because the Israelis do?
So let me see. Jews killed if they enter Palestinian territory and Palestinians at least tolerated (i.e. murder is not in the cards if they do not have murderous intent) in Israeli territory.

And we might want to look at the Palestinian homosexuals living in Israel. In fact I have a story about an Orthodox Jewish family saving the live of a Palestinian homosexual.

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... r-gay.html

and this:

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... -live.html

and this:

http://www.indegayforum.org/news/show/27154.html
1. Which Middle Eastern country has no sodomy laws nor uses vague charges such as "offenses against religion" or "immoral conduct" to prosecute and imprison gays and lesbians?
and this from your very own Beeb:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3211772.stm

A number of gay Palestinian men are risking their lives to cross the border into Israel, claiming they feel safer among Israelis than their own people.

I admit that their lives are not easy. It is a step up from legally sanctioned murder.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

MSimon wrote: So I ask. Why do the Palestinians practice apartheid?
:lol: :lol:
I think you have it backwards there!
Jim Crow and Apatheid were levied against official second class citizens. In both cases, the discriminated against fought/rioted/committed all sorts of violence until the official discrimination stopped. They continue to demonstrate (peacefully) while unofficial discrimination persists. Israel has not caught up yet.

The answer? Heck, I don't know. The jews have been in everyone's faces for 4 millenia. I don't see it changing any time soon. :(

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

KitemanSA wrote:
MSimon wrote: So I ask. Why do the Palestinians practice apartheid?
:lol: :lol:
I think you have it backwards there!
Jim Crow and Apatheid were levied against official second class citizens. In both cases, the discriminated against fought/rioted/committed all sorts of violence until the official discrimination stopped. They continue to demonstrate (peacefully) while unofficial discrimination persists. Israel has not caught up yet.

The answer? Heck, I don't know. The jews have been in everyone's faces for 4 millenia. I don't see it changing any time soon. :(
Kiteman - The Palis could be first class citizens in the territory they control. And yet you don't see them leaving to live with their brothers.

Actually the Palis are second class citizens in the whole ME. And other than their problem with the Israelis no one cares. I think there is a clue some where in there.

And why are they second class citizens? Here is a clue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_September_in_Jordan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_September_(group)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinia ... rom_Kuwait
The Black September Organization (BSO) (Arabic: منظمة أيلول الأسود‎, Munaẓẓamat Aylūl al-aswad) was a Palestinian militant group, founded in 1970. It became notorious for the kidnap and murder of eleven Israeli athletes and officials, and the murder of a German policeman, during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich.
From 2008:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/950383.html
Egyptian security forces arrested 17 Palestinian militants in Sinai over the weekend, including two carrying a bomb Saturday who were trying to sneak further into the Sinai Peninsula, security and policy officials said.
Such a charming people.

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

MSimon wrote:Such a charming people.
Treating people as second class citizens for generations doesn't bring out the best in them...

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

alexjrgreen wrote:
Treating people as second class citizens for generations doesn't bring out the best in them...
So true. Look at how the Jews behaved in Europe when they were sixth class citizens. Suicide bombing by Jews was endemic. (/sarc)

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

MSimon wrote:
alexjrgreen wrote:
So true. Look at how the Jews behaved in Europe when they were sixth class citizens. Suicide bombing by Jews was endemic. (/sarc)
They found plenty of other ways to get themselves hated...

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

alexjrgreen wrote:
MSimon wrote:The Lebanon adventure was instructive. The Israelis leveled everything the Palis owned until there were no more useful targets.
That would be a War Crime under Article 33 of the Fourth Geneva Convention ...
Yep. And firing rockets into a civilian area is a war crime.

But you know the Israelis were real nice about it: they leafleted all the areas before leveling them. More courtesy than the Palis in Lebanon were showing.

And what do you know? The rockets from Lebanon have stopped.

http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/b466ed681dd ... enDocument
During past conflicts, the infliction of collective penalties has been intended to forestall breaches of the law rather than to repress [p.226] them; in resorting to intimidatory measures to terrorise the population, the belligerents hoped to prevent hostile acts. Far from achieving the desired effect, however, such practices, by reason of their excessive severity and cruelty, kept alive and strengthened the spirit of resistance.
Looks to me like the International Red Cross is blowing smoke.

All in all I'd say the Israelis were intent on a very humane form of warfare. Leveling property instead of people. And the rockets from Lebanon have stopped.

The idiots in Gaza are playing with fire.

Molon labe. Or as we like to say in America (in a particularly hickish farm voice)

Come and get it.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

When the Palis get tired of war they will sue for peace.

Unfortunately for them war is a profit center for the leaders.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe
The Greek phrase Molōn labe! (Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them!" is a classical expression of defiance reported by Plutarch in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae. It corresponds roughly to the modern equivalent English phrase "over my dead body," "bring it on" or, most closely, "come and get it." It is an exemplary use of a laconic phrase.
The expression "Come and take it" was a slogan in the Texas Revolution.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

alexjrgreen wrote:
MSimon wrote:
alexjrgreen wrote: Treating people as second class citizens for generations doesn't bring out the best in them...
They found plenty of other ways to get themselves hated...
Yeah. Like craftsmanship, trade, and banking.