Space Elevator Games with Prizes - $2Mil

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Aero

Post by Aero »

MSimon wrote:It would be nice to have 20 ft of 1/4" line capable of towing an 18 wheeler in the boot of my vehicle. Not that towing an 18 wheeler is a good idea.
Certainly not with a short line. Reminds me of the time my dad's 2x6 van quit running about 10 miles from the shop. My dad and my brother both ran a route picking up 10 gallon cans of raw grade "B" milk from farmers. Of course Dad's truck was loaded. My brother unloaded then we took his 2x6 van out to tow Dad back in. All we had was a 14 foot log chain. We hooked up and over hill and dale we went, Dad steering his van and riding the brake. He was white as a sheet when we got back to the shop. I know that he never did that again.

And a note to MSimon - I see you changed your signature back. Good move I think, until next spring anyway.
Aero

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Aero wrote:And a note to MSimon - I see you changed your signature back. Good move I think, until next spring anyway.
Credit where due. EMC2 seems to have access to the funds they need for now.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

GPecchia

Post by GPecchia »

MSimon wrote:It would be nice to have 20 ft of 1/4" line capable of towing an 18 wheeler in the boot of my vehicle. Not that towing an 18 wheeler is a good idea.
Another advance in carbon nanotube manufacture.

http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/23921/

"A new method for assembling carbon nanotubes has been used to create fibers hundreds of meters long."

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

The article states their fibers aren't as strong as others, but work well for electrical conduction. I wonder if, as is, they would be useful for the coils in the faces of a Polywell? Its not going to be superconducting, but it might (should?) still be a significant improvement in magnetic field strength over copper.