Pentagon's DIA Issues Qualified Support of LENR

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

I've been following LENR since around '93 or so and have seen many false starts. The most significant one being the Patterson cell in spring of '96. I am so jaded by LENR that I guess I will not believe it iis real until I can buy a LENR space heater at the local Home Depot.

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

kurt9 wrote:I've been following LENR since around '93 or so and have seen many false starts. The most significant one being the Patterson cell in spring of '96. I am so jaded by LENR that I guess I will not believe it iis real until I can buy a LENR space heater at the local Home Depot.
I find Dr. Bussard's interpretation (via Tom Ligon) to be compelling.
Vae Victis

DeltaV

Re: Pentagon's DIA Issues Qualified Support of LENR

Post by DeltaV »

It's curious that they completely ignore the Widom and Larsen research, which attributes LENR effects to the weak, not the strong, nuclear force:

http://www.newenergytimes.com/v2/sr/WL/ ... tml#papers

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Pons and Fleishman were supposed to be partnering with another researcher who was much more low-key, and thought the phenomenon was something which had been know to nuclear physics for a while, and totally predictable from known physics. The basic notion was the nuclear reaction was between deuterium (or hydrogen, for that matter) and the nuclei of the metal electrodes. It was not DD fusion at all. If this is correct, all the experiments trying to prove DD fusion were a total waste of time.

Dr. Bussard concluded platinum and palladium were the wrong choices due to cost, and the same thing could be done with nickel. My understanding is the reaction has been seen with nickel electrodes.
Hey, nickel. That sounds familiar...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bl ... f&oq=&aqi=

I certainly like this explanation better than the hydrino nonsense.