Pretty unbelieveable...

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

I'd like to get a grasp on the engineering level, with little math--I'm flunking calc I, so you'd probably go over my head right now.

Anyway, I had some different thoughts of how to do this, I'd like to make sure I have a good idea.

What I see is that you take a capacitor, and charge/discharge it rapidly. In the meantime you push and pull on it, taking advantage of hte mass fluctuations. They work best at very high cycling rates. To boost power, you stack them, and increase the capacitance of your material. The warpstar page shows a thruster module with six stacks, which can be regulated for varying amounts of thrust in various directions.

Basically you're shuttling electrons back and forth, pushing and pulling on whatever side gets the effect you want. The more electrons you can shufle, and the faster, the better.

I got to thinking about other ways to store a charge though, such as a van de graaf generator. Granted, the belt powered versions wouldn't be able to cycle fast enough, and you probably couldn't get enough "capacitance" to work, but would the way the sphere works produce a mass change?
Evil is evil, no matter how small