Federal Reserve funding US budget deficit

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I can't think of any songs about James Joyce except this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHjQkz18TOo

Popular and high culture joined. In America.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

TallDave wrote:
American culture is uniquely well-known in the world, from Nikes to McDonalds to Hollywood to rock music. Why so many leftists hate this fact is a bit mysterious, but its a fact nonetheless.
I think I can give a good explanation for it, it is rooted in the fact that the leftists tend to be inculcated in "classical" educations that emphasized the historical disparity and bias in favor of tragedy in the arts versus comedy. Theres a good essay by Julian Gough titled "The Divine Comedy" that I recommend people read, which explains how the modern leftist/humanist has come to hate our modern popular culture that is largely based on comedy, on innovation and new ideas and not on eons old Aristotlean recipes for tragedy that the nihilistic left is built on.

http://cantara.squarespace.com/free-pdf ... gj604k.pdf

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

The Department of War is due to the tragic nature of humans.

The Department of Energy is a product of foolishness.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Breakable

Post by Breakable »

New departments will be created after alternative fusion has succeeded:
Department of Peace
Department of Happiness
Department of Rest
Department of Freedom
Department of Equal Rights
Department of Satisfaction
or alternatively all the funds will be directed to the Department of War :twisted: