Second Worst President in US History.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

AcesHigh wrote:
ravingdave wrote:If you think this is equal to Batista and Massadegh, then you have a defect in your perception of what constitutes a serious threat.

From what *I* have read, virtually every Disaster in American History was the subsequent consequence of a Democrat President. ( The Civil War being the only exception.)

David
And I think you have some defect of reasoning. The only reason Kennedy risked so much with Cuba, and Carter with Iran, is because of STUPID moves by REPUBLICAN administrations, who supported, or better yet, orchestrated coups in other countries, resulting in REVOLTS in said countries, which were left to DEMOCRAT presidents to deal with.

Its the classic case of Republicans creating the mess and leaving it to Democrats to fix it.

Then, it doesnt matter if the democrats fix it or not, the Republicans will put the blame on Democrats... very clever.

Please, dont tell me you are a creationist too!! Keep suporting the Republicans, soon the field of science where you work, unless its pro-war, will be considered heretic.
I like your attitude. It will assist in a Republican sweep of the 2010 elections. Keep up the good work.

BTW glad to see that you admit that the Ds are insufficiently capable when it comes to evading Republican traps. And all along I thought the Ds were the smarter party. Or so they keep assuring me.

Note: the way forward for the Ds is to lose every election. Then only Republicans will be to blame.

Democrats - either not clever enough or too smart by half. Tough choice.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... terms-ever

The 2010 congressional elections will be the "toughest midterm elections Democrats have ever faced," Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) acknowledged today.
And then we have the Congressional Black Caucus that voted almost unanimously to maintain funding for an organization willing to aid and abet child prostitution by imported illegals. Along with tax fraud. Sweet. That is definitely going to give the Democrats a boost in 2010.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... 47917.html

Simon's Law:

It is unwise to attribute to malice alone that which can be attributed to malice and stupidity.

Your Republican friend,

Simon
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... 44627.html

I wonder what Obama gets for throwing the Poles and Czechs under the bus and being a procurer for Putin?

He shouldn't get votes for it.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

BTW, he did it on the anniversary of Russia invading Poland in WWII.

Gotta love that sensitivity.
molon labe
montani semper liberi

jmc

Post by jmc »

MSimon wrote: And then we have the Congressional Black Caucus that voted almost unanimously to maintain funding for an organization willing to aid and abet child prostitution by imported illegals. Along with tax fraud. Sweet. That is definitely going to give the Democrats a boost in 2010.
Interesting way of spinning funding an organisation that improves housing conditions for economically disadvantaged...

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

an organisation that improves housing conditions for economically disadvantaged...
Is that what you call eroding traditional lending standards like checking up on income statements?

Nevermind they have in evidence no institutional objection to child prostitution? Or tax evasion?
molon labe
montani semper liberi

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

MSimon wrote: I like your attitude. It will assist in a Republican sweep of the 2010 elections. Keep up the good work.
I hope the Republicans will really sweep the US. In fact, I hoped that Obama wouldnt be elected. Without his fiscal measures and Keynesian economics (which are only needed DURING the times of recession), US would certainly suffer a lot more (just like it would suffer a lot more without FDR policies, unlike some Republicans like to think and masturbate about).

While bad for the world at first, I believe dimishing US influence is a good thing... specially because fiscal problems might cause the US to spend less on the military... you guys complain too much about fiscal problems but keep on spending like crazy with the warmachine. Completely addicted to war. Its becoming the engine of your economy.

BUT... you borrow from the Chinese to finance your war. Maybe when you have real fiscal problems and decide to implement a war tax, the american public will be more thoughtful about wars and spend less on them... and live one entire year without US being involved in a single war! Which in turn would fade out anti-americanism around the world... making wars less necessary too... interesting uh?

BUT for that to happen, you have to get really broken, something only continuous Republican administrations can accomplish, withouth a democrat administration in the middle to fix the economy (only for the next republican to ruin it again).

Btw, as you may have noticed I am not american.

quite interesting article about the US being hooked to war
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/ ... 8043.shtml

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

Btw, you guys didnt answered me about being creationists or not. I take it that every Republican is a creationist, if not now, in potential.

Any democrat in this forums?

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

AcesHigh wrote:
ravingdave wrote:If you think this is equal to Batista and Massadegh, then you have a defect in your perception of what constitutes a serious threat.

From what *I* have read, virtually every Disaster in American History was the subsequent consequence of a Democrat President. ( The Civil War being the only exception.)

David
And I think you have some defect of reasoning. The only reason Kennedy risked so much with Cuba, and Carter with Iran, is because of STUPID moves by REPUBLICAN administrations, who supported, or better yet, orchestrated coups in other countries, resulting in REVOLTS in said countries, which were left to DEMOCRAT presidents to deal with.

Its the classic case of Republicans creating the mess and leaving it to Democrats to fix it.

Then, it doesnt matter if the democrats fix it or not, the Republicans will put the blame on Democrats... very clever.

Seriously? Your response is "No i'm not! You are ! "No we didn't ! YOU Did ! " What are you, Five ?

AcesHigh wrote: Please, dont tell me you are a creationist too!! Keep suporting the Republicans, soon the field of science where you work, unless its pro-war, will be considered heretic.

I don't mind people believing weird things in terms of their religion. What bothers me are people who believe weird things about History and Politics. There are objective means to determine the truth about those.

David

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

TDPerk wrote:
Pres. James Buchanan had more to do than any other single person with the fact the Civil War happened. If he had given to South Carolina the reply Jackson made to that same state in the Nullification crisis, there would have been no Civil War.

He was a Democrat, and a doughface* at that.

* A Northerner with pro-slavery views.

The only thing Lincoln did to cause the Civil War was act to enforce the laws he was not merely authorized but required to enforce. He did no treason, that was the South's business.

I'm not in the mood to rev up this discussion again. Suffice it to say, I don't understand what the h*ll you are talking about. The South didn't do anything to the North that the Colonies didn't do to Britain previously.

David

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

MSimon wrote:
kunkmiester wrote:Lincoln sent reinforcements to Fort Sumpter. I don't recall if they ever arrived, but that's an act of war, and so the South responded. All you ever hear about is Fort Sumpter being bombarded, adn the War Between the States started.

The South had their issues, but war wasn't inevitable, certain people wanted it, and took action to start it. Go figure.

repubs are hardly blameless, we have a nice sandy example in the ME, off the top of my head. You can't do much worse.
Now you have to ask yourself. Was Fort Sumpter Federal Property? If so sending supplies and troop replacements/reinforcements was not an act of war. However, firing on it was an act of war without a doubt.

In the eyes of the Agitators in South Carolina (who as George Will said "did more to start the Civil War than anyone else" ) Fort Sumpter was Federal Property just the same way that Fort Ticonderoga was British Property.

In the case of Fort Sumpter, Firing on it was colossally stupid, regardless of the Legal/Logical argument, though the blame doesn't start there. Abe Lincoln shrewdly deduced that that would be the response to the letter he sent to the CSA government, and cynically manipulated the people and events to trigger the war he wanted. Arrogance caused both sides to underestimate the Ferocity and Determination of the other.

TDPerk argues that the blame ought to be applied further back in time to James Buchanan et al, and there is some merit to this idea, but I think that while these people contributed to the conditions that triggered it. (As in piling up logs and brush for a fire) It seems to me that Abraham Lincoln applied the spark.

In any case, if I have some mistaken notions about this I welcome the opportunity to learn something new.

David

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

jmc wrote:
MSimon wrote: And then we have the Congressional Black Caucus that voted almost unanimously to maintain funding for an organization willing to aid and abet child prostitution by imported illegals. Along with tax fraud. Sweet. That is definitely going to give the Democrats a boost in 2010.
Interesting way of spinning funding an organisation that improves housing conditions for economically disadvantaged...

You might not be aware of this, but here in the US, Fox News has been airing videos of undercover sting operations against Acorn offices around the Country. A Young Man and women posing as a pimp and Prostitute solicited advice from Acron employees about how to get a housing loan to allow them to buy a house which they intended to use as a house of Prostitution. They claimed they would be using Underage illegal immigrants from El Salvador as their prostitutes, and they needed help in buying the house, getting the illegal underage girls into the country, avoiding tax and accountability laws, etc.

No one I know believes Acorn's primary purpose is helping the disadvantage. Most people I know who have looked into this organization regard it as a psuedo criminal group dedicated to milking the government of money (in the name of helping the disadvantaged) to distribute among themselves and their cronies, and likewise a group of brown shirts who commit election fraud by filing false documents, and intimidating voters by threats of violence.

They are and have been under investigation in numerous states for election fraud and abuses prior to this. Now these videos which have surfaced are the last straw and even the Democrats are running in fear from this organization.

David

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

AcesHigh wrote: Btw, as you may have noticed I am not american.

We didn't notice. You see, we have Americans that talk like idiots too.

Now that we understand you're not an American, we will thank you to keep your unsolicited opinions about our politics to yourself. Have a Coke and a Smile and STFU. :)

David

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

specially because fiscal problems might cause the US to spend less on the military... you guys complain too much about fiscal problems but keep on spending like crazy with the warmachine. Completely addicted to war. Its becoming the engine of your economy.
What's the percentage of the federal budget spent on the military versus all the social and welfare programs? We could balance the budget without cutting any military programs(not that there's not a few that could use some trimming), but you can't balance the budget by just cutting military spending.
Evil is evil, no matter how small

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

ravingdave wrote:
AcesHigh wrote: Btw, as you may have noticed I am not american.

We didn't notice. You see, we have Americans that talk like idiots too.

Now that we understand you're not an American, we will thank you to keep your unsolicited opinions about our politics to yourself. Have a Coke and a Smile and STFU. :)

David
And I am the 5 yr old one? :roll: :roll:

You already started the ad hominem attacks. And this is a discussion forum. If you dont want my opinions about your politics, then simply take it to PM with whom you want to talk it about, or dont talk about it at all. Alternativelly, ask the administrator to create a politics forum closed to non americans.

Btw, I exposed my arguments (saying that if you want to blame Kennedy and Carter, you must first blame Eisenhoven). Its not my fault that you chose to not read them and then blame me of "No i'm not! You are ! "No we didn't ! YOU Did ! " arguments.

:roll:

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

ravingdave wrote: What bothers me are people who believe weird things about History and Politics. There are objective means to determine the truth about those.
Well, Marx believed that... I don't. If we could run monte carlo simulations of earth history changing arbitrary parameters then yes, objectivity is possible, otherwise as always both are subject to multiple views.