Need a semi formal paper on polywell

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Robthebob

Need a semi formal paper on polywell

Post by Robthebob »

I'm writing a paper for an English class, this subject will be my semester long subject.

For this paper, I need to compare and contrast two different stances on a science/technology subject. I thought about just comparing and contrasting toroidal magnetic confinement and polywell. I've found a pretty good introduction level source for the magnetic confinement.

I havent been able to find a good write up on polywell, a formal one. I dont think I can use videos, interviews, forum posts, or anything like that. Has to be a semi formal paper.

Help please.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Yes, a formal academic paper on results... I'd like that! Why is it so difficult to find one???

Of course, in terms of a 'stance', Polywell and magnetic confinement are not at all in 'opposition' in which a stance could be made?

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

didnt say they were, what I can do is just list the difference and similarities, or something...

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

As long as you discern and articulate what differences there are, you should be fine. Extra credit if you make it an especially interesting/engaging discourse.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

If you go to the askmar.com web site there are an number of formal papers on various aspects of Polywell but they are very old (circa 1990). The only semi-formal paper I have seen wrt Polywell is Dr Bussard's Valencia paper. That paper is (or at least was) at the askmar site also. It was given at the 57th International Astronautical Congress (IAC 2006).

Good luck, and good hunting!

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

holy crap man, I'm reading the Valencia paper, and it's so technical, while I may be okay trying to get information from it, but if my teacher tries to read the source, she's gonna explode, is there another paper that's more in lamer's terms, for the purpose of general education on the subject of polywell?

One that explains briefly how polywell works, history and strength or weakness? I was able to find one for ITER, that was no problem not suprisingly.

Aero

Post by Aero »

Aero

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

That one isnt specifically about polywell...

Scupperer

Post by Scupperer »

Robthebob wrote:That one isnt specifically about polywell...
Read the article. Hint: top of page 4.
Perrin Ehlinger