Polywell Research in an Academic Enviroment

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Roger
Posts: 788
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:03 am
Location: Metro NY

Post by Roger »

Great links MSimon. Rob, those links are enough to get you started on how to build a fusor.

Rob,

MSimon said it well, there is no path. ....Except there is at least one path, I feel that people with Academic fusor experience will be very valuable if Polywell works.

Your Professor understands how to get money, look at his page:

http://narn.physics.auburn.edu/etjr/index.html

I see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusty_plasma

He could get you a lot of help building a fusor.

Rob,your prof seems good, but I think you need to build a fusor, and your mental outlook should be, that you are going to build an IEC/Polywell dept in the Auburn Physics dept by your self.

Path ? Build a fusor. Then a better fusor. This describes what Andrew has been doing :

http://www.rtftechnologies.org/

I would contact Andrew at his school email, good networking op for you and he may have some tips for you.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

Robthebob
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:12 pm
Location: Auburn, Alabama

Post by Robthebob »

I see I should never release information about my teacher and stuff. It may be used against or for me. Oh brother, now I gotta do like a few months of research, write a proprosal, wait for my professors to stop laughing at me, and get some money to build this thing.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

MSimon
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Contact:

Post by MSimon »

Robthebob wrote:I see I should never release information about my teacher and stuff. It may be used against or for me. Oh brother, now I gotta do like a few months of research, write a proprosal, wait for my professors to stop laughing at me, and get some money to build this thing.
Well dude you have obtained the usual curse. You are now in the process of getting what you asked for.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

EricF
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:52 pm
Location: Pell City, Alabama

Post by EricF »

If you build it, they will come? :D

How's everything progressing Rob, have you found the path yet? I'm floundering about myself, about to change gears completely with a full reverse course from History to Physics/Engineering at the 60 credit hour mark. All because I had to watch Dr Bussards video on google last year. Oi :lol:

Which engineering field lends itself best to Polywell and other alternative energy research, electrical engineering? I hear UAB (Birmingham, AL) has a decent Engineering dept.

MSimon
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Contact:

Post by MSimon »

EricF wrote:If you build it, they will come? :D

How's everything progressing Rob, have you found the path yet? I'm floundering about myself, about to change gears completely with a full reverse course from History to Physics/Engineering at the 60 credit hour mark. All because I had to watch Dr Bussards video on google last year. Oi :lol:

Which engineering field lends itself best to Polywell and other alternative energy research, electrical engineering? I hear UAB (Birmingham, AL) has a decent Engineering dept.
It only matters where you get schooled for the first few years of your career. After that it is about your resume and what you have accomplished.

BTW the secret is to get all the free trade magazines and studying them as much as you would a school text. The education is never ending if you want to keep up.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

EricF
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:52 pm
Location: Pell City, Alabama

Post by EricF »

Thanks MSimon. Where do you pick up the trade magazines? :)

MSimon
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Contact:

Post by MSimon »

EricF wrote:Thanks MSimon. Where do you pick up the trade magazines? :)
On the Internet. Start with EDN and Electronic Design.

Invent a company and make sure to have about 50 or 60 employees and pretend to use a lot of the products they ask about.

You can use your home address and pretend it is the company address.

If you have an apt. number pretend it is Suite number.

http://www.edn.com/

http://electronicdesign.com/
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Post Reply