Media "Control" of the Elections?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Shocker: Tom Brokaw Admits He’s a Democrat

Whenever most reporters in the mainstream media claim to be unbiased and fair and balanced “journalists,” I laugh harder than I do when I’m watching Tom Brokaw read a sentence in which every word begins with the letter L. But every now and then one whips the mask off — either on purpose or by a slip of the tongue.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/06/29/brokaw/

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

July 20, 2010
Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright

Others went further. According to records obtained by The Daily Caller, at several points during the 2008 presidential campaign a group of liberal journalists took radical steps to protect their favored candidate. Employees of news organizations including Time, Politico, the Huffington Post, the Baltimore Sun, the Guardian, Salon and the New Republic participated in outpourings of anger over how Obama had been treated in the media, and in some cases plotted to fix the damage.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/20/docum ... ah-wright/

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Confirmed: GE CEO Immelt Scolded NBC Journalists For Reporting Negatively on Obama

We already knew that Jeffrey Immelt was pushing non-existent global warming so that his company could benefit from cap and trade legislation. Now we know that GE’s CEO was sitting at meetings in the White House and scolding his reporters for being hard on Obama.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/20 ... -on-obama/

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Journalist Fired For Talking About Obama/BP Ties

According to several of McKelway’s colleagues, the newsman’s reporting may have lapsed into partisan territory when he commented live on the air about the oil industry’s influence in Washington, particularly its contributions to Democratic politicians and legislators.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/journa ... mabp-ties/

My personal opinion is that many journalists need to do a stint in prison for violating campaign law. They contributed far in excess of the legally authorized amount of money to the Obama campaign in the form of Free media coverage and promotion of his agenda thereby misusing their positions of trust. Not in this particular case of course.

Their companies also need to be sued and fined by the justice department on the basis that they intentionally discriminate in hiring against people with a conservative creed.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes wrote:Journalist Fired For Talking About Obama/BP Ties

According to several of McKelway’s colleagues, the newsman’s reporting may have lapsed into partisan territory when he commented live on the air about the oil industry’s influence in Washington, particularly its contributions to Democratic politicians and legislators.

My personal opinion is that many journalists need to do a stint in prison for violating campaign law. They contributed far in excess of the legally authorized amount of money to the Obama campaign in the form of Free media coverage and promotion of his agenda thereby misusing their positions of trust. Not in this particular case of course.

Their companies also need to be sued and fined by the justice department on the basis that they intentionally discriminate in hiring against people with a conservative creed.
Naw. Just let them go bankrupt and make all the jernalists find work as bloggers.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Take a look at career journalist loss rates in the field of print media.
The net is killing them.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ladajo wrote:Take a look at career journalist loss rates in the field of print media.
The net is killing them.

Halleluia! Amen! :)

But I'm reminded of this.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Journalist Fired For Talking About Obama/BP Ties

Naw. Just let them go bankrupt and make all the journalists find work as bloggers.
I want revenge for Carter, Clinton and Obama, and all the destructive judges they put on the bench. I would like revenge for Wilson, Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy and Johnson, but I know that it's too late to do anything about them other than wake people up to their destructive Legacy.

Seeing Journalist's look of shock as they sit in the dock for violating campaign finance law would make me feel as though justice is finally being served. Those people will never understand just how much damage they've been doing to our nation, but if people treated them like the criminals they are, perhaps they would finally get a clue.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Can we throw in Nixon for wage and price controls and the drug war?
"You know," Nixon said, " those who use drugs are the protesters. You know, the ones who get caught up in dissent and violence. They're the same group of people."
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/media/smoke.htm
It was never about health and welfare. It was always a political tool.

Early on it was a race based tool. And it has never changed in character.
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/History/whiteb1.htm

Myself - I would be ashamed to be a tool of those SOBs. All of them.

I bet your favorite was Willy Clinton - he doubled arrest rates in the drug war by partially Federalizing the police with the lure of Federal money. The Federal Government now effectively controls your local police force. Smart move eh?
But if you're anxious to put together a gang of goons effective enough to put a stop to it on the grounds that it's bad for you, you're just a Progressive with a slightly different agenda. The same goon-gang has the power to stop you from getting a greasy hamburger, because that's bad for you too. All the whup-ass comes from the same can, and the spoons used to dig it out are interchangeable.

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/201 ... trols.html
I bet it gives you the warm fuzzies just thinking about it.

I suppose I should look at it from your point of view. Drugs are so bad that it is worth destroying our system to at least put a check on them. Or at the very least make organized crime profitable.

The road to hell is paved by tools for people with bad intentions.

I can't wait until the Masters pull the trigger and you go howling into the night - "That is NOT what I wanted." Just another tool under the bus.

As my friend at the above link said:
And if you're too self-satisfied to admit that a "police force" (or an "army") is a gang of goons with snappy clothes and a cool-sounding Mission Statement, you need to go register Democrat and join the O-fellators, because you're contributing to the problem rather than finding a solution. The whole thing starts with "my goals are Good and theirs are Bad, therefore I'm entitled to beat up on Them." Then you wake up one morning and discover yourself Them, and you resent it. F* you. You built the Machine; you got nothin' when somebody else takes the controls.
Last edited by MSimon on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

And G. W. Bush? You must hate him. He started scaling back the drug war. Not by much to be sure. But definitely a different direction that the previous administration. He zeroed funding for Drug Task Forces in America.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:And G. W. Bush? You must hate him. He started scaling back the drug war. Not by much to be sure. But definitely a different direction that the previous administration. He zeroed funding for Drug Task Forces in America.
To respond to both your messages, No, i'm pretty disgusted with Nixon, but compared to his predecessor he was an improvement.

As for George Bush, I don't hate him, but I am very disgusted with him for many of the wrong headed things that he did. As far as the drug war is concerned, it is not an issue I care greatly about, and I have stated this repeatedly in the past.

I think we should fight it, but I think we should fight more important battles first. Think of it like the Pacific war vs the European war. Sometimes you have to fight a partial action while you concentrate on the more important war. The drug war simply doesn't rise to a level of great concern to me.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

The drug war simply doesn't rise to a level of great concern to me.
How about foreign policy. Mexico.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:
The drug war simply doesn't rise to a level of great concern to me.
How about foreign policy. Mexico.
The most major thing wrong with Mexico is the mindset of the Mexicans. To my thinking, the best solution is for us to wall it off to prevent the contagion from spreading. If Mexico was populated by American attitudes, it would be a wealthy country with a large and prosperous middle class.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

California Reporter to Republican Candidate: ‘We’re Not Interested’

In the e-mail sent Wednesday (see text below), Daily Breeze reporter Nick Green told consultant John S. Thomas of Thomas Partners Strategies, “Don’t call or e-mail us – we’ll call you if we’re interested. And if you haven’t got it yet, we’re not interested.”

http://theothermccain.com/2010/08/13/ca ... nterested/

I would sue, alleging violation of Federal Campaign law. The media is providing a service of significant monetary value to the campaign of his Democrat opponent.

If nothing else, the lawsuit will bring the candidate publicity and likewise highlight the fact that the Media are not objective, they are completely partisan, and need to have the Sh*t beat out of them till they learn better.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ABCNews Star Reporter Busted for Eco-Activist Journalism; Network Investigating Discipline

Bob Woodruff is a reporter for ABC News who focuses on environmental issues. Woodruff’s career is the sort which convinces Americans to invest their trust in his reporting.

Unfortunately, Big Journalism has learned that Mr. Woodruff has been doing much more than objectively reporting on environmental issues.

http://bigjournalism.com/abreitbart/201 ... he-slopes/