Be Careful Out There:

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Aero

Be Careful Out There:

Post by Aero »

I received this warning from my sister, and thought I'd pass it along. It gives some examples of what to look out for, then the warning.
IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two..'

We haven't used Sears repair since.
IDIOT SIGHTING:
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'you gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change..

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

>From Kingman , KS .

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE :
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceburg lettuce.
From Kansas City

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded,
'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham , Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING :20
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS

IDIOT SIGHTING :
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, MS

STAY ALERT! They walk among us... and the scary part is that they VOTE and they REPRODUCE
Aero

tombo

Post by tombo »

IDIOT SIGHTING:
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'you gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change..
I did this once, only I was being the idiot myself and gave the wrong amount of extra change that really made the problem harder.
The Down's syndrome cashier carefully and methodically counted out the correct change in spite of my error.
Maybe McD's should hire Down's people for cashiers. They might do better.

"we have met the enemy and the enemy is us"

Mike Holmes

Post by Mike Holmes »

tombo wrote: "we have met the enemy and the enemy is us"
I believe that this quote is attributable to Walt Kelly's cartoon character, Pogo. A font of wisdom there, if ever there was one.

Mike

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

Mike Holmes

Post by Mike Holmes »

Ignorance knows no political affiliation. I could post the video of the woman who, at a town hall meeting with John McCain, had to be told by the same that no, Barack Obama is not a terrorist.

Mike

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

Mike Holmes wrote:Ignorance knows no political affiliation. I could post the video of the woman who, at a town hall meeting with John McCain, had to be told by the same that no, Barack Obama is not a terrorist.

Mike
Tis a question of scale. You've got one, and i've got what ? 12 ?
(on video)

Apart from the video, there was an actual survey conducted by Zogby that demonstrated Obama voters were incredibly ignorant.

"The telephone survey of 512 Obama voters nationwide was conducted Nov. 13-15, 2008, and carries a margin of error of +/- 4.4 percentage points. The survey was commissioned by John Ziegler, author of The Death of Free Speech, producer of the recently released film “Blocking the Path to 9/11″ and producer of the upcoming documentary film, Media Malpractice. ..How Obama Got Elected."

http://www.timothybirdnow.com/?p=1378

David

blaisepascal

Post by blaisepascal »

"The telephone survey of 512 Obama voters nationwide was conducted Nov. 13-15, 2008, and carries a margin of error of +/- 4.4 percentage points. The survey was commissioned by John Ziegler, author of The Death of Free Speech, producer of the recently released film “Blocking the Path to 9/11″ and producer of the upcoming documentary film, Media Malpractice. ..How Obama Got Elected."
(sarcasm)Sounds like an unbiased source to me.(/sarcasm)

Look, there are a lot of ignorant people, period. It's easy to find ignorant people who support Obama, McCain, Nader, Barr, Paul, etc. No side has a monopoly on ignorant supporters, or a monopoly on well-informed supporters.

With the prevalence of video cameras out there, it's easy for public ignorance to be captured and put up on YouTube or equivalent.

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

blaisepascal wrote:

Look, there are a lot of ignorant people, period. It's easy to find ignorant people who support Obama, McCain, Nader, Barr, Paul, etc. No side has a monopoly on ignorant supporters, or a monopoly on well-informed supporters.

With the prevalence of video cameras out there, it's easy for public ignorance to be captured and put up on YouTube or equivalent.

Is Zogby considered biased ? I've never heard this. I thought Zogby was considered to be a nationaly recognized polling organization like Gallup, or Rasmussen, A.C. Nielson, etc.

The guy that commissioned the poll offered to commission a poll of McCain Voters, on the condition that he would only pay for the poll if McCain voters turned out to be just as stupid as Obama voters. If McCain voters turned out to be more knowledgable, Zogby would have to pay for the poll themselves. Zogby initially talked about accepting this deal, but eventually refused. Hmmm....

David

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

blaisepascal wrote:

It was unbiased. It was done by a well recognized survey firm with Democrat leanings.

It found that people were well up on the minutiae of Palin and had no idea about major Obama/Biden policies - bankrupting the coal industry by taxing them out of existence.

We are about to get the government the press wanted us to have. Good and hard. There was an exchange after the election on a major TV show by some talking heads and they said - "We don't know anything about this guy". I could look it up if you are interested:

What do we know

Charlie Rose and Tom Brokaw if you want to do more searches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMas1bVidw
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

ravingdave wrote:there was an actual survey conducted by Zogby that demonstrated Obama voters were incredibly ignorant.
He wants to spend money improving run down schools. Why wouldn't they vote for him?
Ars artis est celare artem.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

alexjrgreen wrote:
ravingdave wrote:there was an actual survey conducted by Zogby that demonstrated Obama voters were incredibly ignorant.
He wants to spend money improving run down schools. Why wouldn't they vote for him?
Ignorance is bliss?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

gblaze42

Post by gblaze42 »

MSimon wrote: We are about to get the government the press wanted us to have. Good and hard. There was an exchange after the election on a major TV show by some talking heads and they said - "We don't know anything about this guy". I could look it up if you are interested:
This is exactly why my wife and I didn't vote for him. This was almost totally a media won election, hype at it's finest. Sadly most people bought into it.

Roger

Post by Roger »

It was done by a well recognized survey firm with Democrat leanings.
Zogby? Democrats would tell you, you have no clue. I would agree, Rass is probably better with his state level polls than Zogby ever has been.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Roger wrote:
It was done by a well recognized survey firm with Democrat leanings.
Zogby? Democrats would tell you, you have no clue. I would agree, Rass is probably better with his state level polls than Zogby ever has been.
Roger,

Even if the margin of error is 15% the numbers still point to a press in the tank for The One.

Seriously - "we will bankrupt coal" vs the details of Palin's daughter's sex life?

The numbers are so out of whack that even a bad poll is telling us something. And it is not good.
But it isn't just Obama and Richardson that Rubin has ties to. According to federal law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation, federal officials are also looking into CDR's political and financial ties to Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, as well as to Democrat state and local officials in Illinois, California, Florida, and Pennsylvania.
http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... coast.html

As I said in the above post at P&C:
So in a way the national news people have been doing the Republicans a big favor. Instead of a few firecrackers going off the explosives have been piled up and when they finally go off some one a mile away is going to notice.
Republicans don't do well with personal autonomy. Democrats can't keep their hands out of the cookie jar. And of course you have states like Illinois where both parties are totally on the take.

olivier

Post by olivier »

msimon wrote:It was unbiased. It was done by a well recognized survey firm with Democrat leanings.
If you allow a comment from an alien (now that the election is over), the scientific method would have required an equivalent poll to be done among republican voters.
Having done that, you would only measure the efficiency of each camp's smear campaigns (something like = validity of statement x emission power x sensitivity of receiver). After all isn't that what makes all the fun of politics in our modern democracies? :)