Jimmy Carter All Over Again

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Re: Jimmy Carter All Over Again

Post by MSimon »

Depends on the issue. If Obama passed executive orders that essentially turned the US into a 3rd world country, jacking energy prices up to ridiculous levels, buggering the economy and turned us into a northern version of Venezuela, with all the attendant corruption and elite looting of the country, BUT legalized pot, would you hail him as a hero or a complete moron?
You know I'm really torn. I'm greatly in favor of the Republican "smaller government" message. And then they get all crazy about their social control program.

I lean Republican... but the current crowd (most of them) are control freaks just like the Democrats. Just about different things. The Democrats want to steal my money the Republicans want to invade my personal life.

My calculus is that it will be easier to repair economic damage than correct personal liberty issues. Pot prohibition has gone on since 1937. That is 77 years. So I'm with the Democrats and libertarian Republicans on that one.

I think it is essential to the restoration of liberty (economic and personal) to crush Republicans on the issues where they don't get it. IMO if they dropped the social control issues they would be unbeatable. So I'm working as hard as I can to defeat them on those issues. To improve the brand.

I have a bit on Brat's libertarian leanings here: http://classicalvalues.com/2014/06/eric ... bertarian/
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.