Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

choff

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Post by choff »

The thing with Hillary, everybody knows she's sick and should drop out. Until she actually says it herself, everybody in the Dems and corporate MSM are too terrified to say so. They fear reprisal from the Clinton's that much. It's like listening to Soviet era communists afraid to speak their own minds on CNN, they have to keep up this pretense it's a campaign and not a death watch. Even when she kills in the polls they have to play make believe.
CHoff

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

choff wrote:... They fear reprisal from the Clinton's that much. ...
The Democrat party is a criminal syndicate masquerading a political party. Bill and Hillary have enough dirt on the big players to send them away for a long time if we had a functional Justice system.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Polling: Trump has 40 percent chance of becoming president

Donald Trump's chances of winning the presidency on November 8 have increased significantly in the last week as Hillary Clinton has suffered a series of campaign setbacks.

One week after she was forced to take time away from the campaign trail to recover from a case of pneumonia after overheating at a 9/11 event, Clinton is less than one point ahead of Trump according to the Real Clear Politics polling average, 44.9 percent to 44.0 percent. In the four-way average that factors Jill Stein and Gary Johnson's candidacies into the mix, Clinton's lead is a mere 0.7 percent.

Meanwhile, the FiveThirtyEight "Polls plus" forecast, which factors in polls and other traditional indicators to determine a candidate's likelihood of winning, determines Clinton has a less than 60 percent chance of winning. Trump now has a 40 percent chance of winning. The shift is a 20 point swing from August 8, when Clinton had a near-80 percent chance of winning compared to Trump at 20.
The major shift in the campaign comes only 50 days before the election.
http://www.aol.com/article/2016/09/19/p ... /21474589/

williatw

Post by williatw »

Black voters are turning from Clinton to Trump in new poll

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump is gaining support among African-American voters — whose enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton is eroding, a tracking poll released Saturday revealed.

Trump saw a 16.5 percentage-point increase in backing from African-American voters in a Los Angeles Times/University of Southern California tracking poll, up from 3.1 percent on Sept. 10 to 19.6 percent through Friday.

Meanwhile, the same poll showed Clinton’s support among that group plummeting from 90.4 percent on Sept. 10 to 71.4 percent.

Clinton’s nearly 20-point crash began Sunday, said Dan Schnur of USC. Sunday was the day Clinton was recorded collapsing while entering a Secret Service van at a 9/11 event.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/18/black-vote ... -new-poll/

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:Black voters are turning from Clinton to Trump in new poll

Good. Wake up my Brothers and Sisters.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Post by williatw »

Diogenes wrote:Good. Wake up my Brothers and Sisters.

You may like this but others disagree:

President Barack Obama rages against black voters turning to Donald Trump

The first African American president considers it 'a personal insult, an insult to my legacy'

He said, among other things, that if African American turnout declines for Hillary Clinton, he would regard it as “a personal insult, an insult to my legacy.”
President Barack Obama’s supporters used to present their man as a cerebral man, a kind of “President Spock,” calling him “No Drama #Obama.” People who think calling a leader Spock is a complement never watched “Star Trek.” In any case, the man who will shortly become a private citizen is capable of boiling, white hot rage, as he demonstrated at a speech before the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation dinner in Washington according to Politico. He said, among other things, that if African American turnout declines for Hillary Clinton, he would regard it as “a personal insult, an insult to my legacy.”
Donald Trump has been actively conducting outreach to the African American community, traveling to inner city neighborhoods and speaking in black churches. The Los Angeles Times tracking poll suggests that the effort is starting to pay dividends. The poll suggested that Trump now enjoys the support of 19.6 percent of the African-American vote, something that no Republican running for president has had since Eisenhower.

Obama was having none of it, letting loose an epic rant about how horrible a President #Donald Trump would be for the black community, decorously avoiding mentioning the economic plight, high unemployment, and dizzying levels of poverty afflicting the same group during his presidency. The president seems to be personally affronted that a man like Trump would be able to poach so many African American voters from his chosen heir, Hillary Clinton, a woman he loathes and despises but upon whose success his entire legacy now depends on.

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/09 ... 27653.html

ADDENDUM:

Listened to the tape. He (Obama) doesn't quite say that he would be insulted if blacks vote for Trump; he says he would be insulted if they let down their guard and don't fully participate (voting wise) as they did in 2008 & 2012. Maybe subtly suggest if Trump get elected it would be an insult to him (& his legacy), but doesn't quite say it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKbY9wONBeI

Starts around the 16 minute mark.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Diogenes, as HILarious as that is, you might stop and think just how that whole (hole?) Lewinski thing worked out. A fellow I used to consider bright and thoughtful, Newt Gingrich, got his teeth in that and shook, attempting to impeach Slick Willy with it. And what happened? The Republicans blew their chance to do some real good, and lost power in Congress. They concentrated on that issue instead of real issues. Slick Willy is still apparently d!c#!^g bimbos with impunity. Lewinsky is a shamed butt of jokes. Newt wound up out of a job.

I'm not defending Slick Willy, just pointing out that this is like throwing bricks at a rubber wall, and the wall is the wrong Clinton. Flawed tactics.

Attacking Hillary on that is likely to backfire.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Can you photoshop Newt's face in to that?

williatw

Post by williatw »

Tom Ligon wrote:Can you photoshop Newt's face in to that?
Wouldn't be appropriate; he means literally dead Tom not just figuratively "dead" in a political career over (Newt Gingrich) kinda way. Far as I know Newt is still alive.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

williatw wrote:Wouldn't be appropriate; he means literally dead Tom not just figuratively "dead" in a political career over (Newt Gingrich) kinda way. Far as I know Newt is still alive.
Well, that picture is John Locke from Lost (played by Terry O'Quinn), and he's still alive too. Maybe with more of a career than Newt.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

As the Associated Press reported Tuesday, “More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money - either personally or through companies or groups - to the Clinton Foundation.”

The report found that “combined, the 85 donors contributed as much as $156 million. At least 40 donated more than $100,000 each, and 20 gave more than $1 million.”
People would kill to keep that much money flowing.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

paperburn1 wrote: People would kill to keep that much money flowing.
Would people kill to keep 4 billion flowing? Without supporting Hillary, I'm amazed that you Trump supporters don't apply the same standards to your logic. Both the Clintons and Trump have foundations, for example. From what I've seen, Trump is dirtier, but he gets a pass from you because he keeps yelling about how corrupt the Clinton Foundation is.

Trump is a demonstrated swindler and briber. I don't know that he's ever had anyone bumped off but if the news came out I would not be surprised. I realize a couple of you think she's had people murdered but all you're doing is quoting some fringe lunatic.

Apply equal standards to these candidates. They both deserve to be issued orange jumpsuits and stuck in the same cell. One or the other will be President and it will be tragic either way.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Maybe this research, which just received an IgNobel Award, will shed some light on the phenomenon.

PEACE: What makes some people believe seemingly profound but actually meaningless statements, such as “Perceptual reality transcends subtle truth” and “Nature is a self-regulating ecosystem of awareness”? Leave it to Canadians to ask this essential question. With the help of selected tweets from Deepak Chopra’s Twitter account, researchers from the University of Waterloo and Sheridan College identified certain traits that made people more susceptible to B.S. They included religious or paranormal beliefs, an embrace of alternative medicine, an interest in conspiracy theories and lower “cognitive ability.” Their treatise (with an awesome title we can’t print here) was published last year in the journal Judgment and Decision Making.

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencen ... story.html

The paper: http://journal.sjdm.org/15/15923a/jdm15923a.html

Dig the title!