Israel Tries to Drag US Into Iran War

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

So, more like a 6 hour war?

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I also think that with the intelligence system Israel has, Iran would not even get to tank their rockets before Israel would answer with theirs.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well, to be fair, they do have solid fuel now. But, that said, the Israeli's are well wired for early warning.

I think part of the drama today for Israel, is that they know any ballistic track originating in Iran, with an impact circle in Israel is going to be either conventional or chemical in nature. Therefore, they do not need to bust out the insta-glass parking lot construction kits at the get-go. Now, tomorrow, that is a different issue. If Israel sees ballistic tracks heading their way, they would almost certainly have to assume they are nuclear and game on (or over), even if they were not.
It is much more (ironically) stable to initiate strikes in a gauranteed non-nuclear playing field. Especially for Israel, given they do not have sufficient geography to absorb multiple hits. At the end of the day, a strike against Israel would actually secure its future, albiet after some cleanup. And the initiating nation would be anihilated as a viable entity. Israel is very much a state whose power, wealth, and future lays with the diaspora and abroad. While its dirt has meaning, it is not the foundation on which the country exists today. The Iranians, for example, are an entirely different story. Let's see, one airburst, and one subsurface burst spaced at 5 mile intervals over a major oilfield ought to shut it down for a while. Oh, and of course you hit each refinery, each major port complex, each major airport, ... yes, Israel could certainly turn off Iran in less than 30 miuntes. I dare say it would take Iran much longer to recover, if they could, than Israel. It is an interesting dichotomy.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Aslan

Post by Aslan »

US strike group simulates war with Iran.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/225453.html

Im so sorry for such thought.

About Iran I should say that Iran not seeking war, but ready to defend.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/225467.html
[(All of Western News Agencies)+(www.presstv.ir)]=Perfect Conclusion.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

While I would hope they only seek to defend themselves, as I would expect anyone (or nation) to do, the words coming out of Iran appear more like the bravado of a bully spoiling for a fight.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Ohh Aslan, you know not of what you speak.

Here, if you want another view, why not read what the US Navy says it is doing...

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/02/n ... t-020512w/
Enterprise and its strike group are focused on Garnet and North Garnet, countries that support terrorism on the Treasure Coast. They’re fundamentalist Shahida states — a faux-theocracy — and they want to reunite with Pyrope, one of the nine other made-up countries.
and to be fair...
The Navy says the training isn’t specifically tailored to a possible U.S.-Iran scenario.

“We’re training for all the mission areas,” said Rear Adm. Dennis FitzPatrick, commander of Strike Force Training Atlantic. Those include anti-submarine warfare and counterpiracy missions.

The drills do have applications for potential tension with Iran, however. Treasure Coast includes a fake strait about 200 miles east of Orlando that, like the Strait of Hormuz, is about 35 miles wide at its narrowest point.

“There obviously is an emphasis on where we think the ship will go,” FitzPatrick said.

What your government chooses not to say, is that this certification is done for EVERY SINGLE STRIKE GROUP that deploys. It has been going on for years and years.

Those darn Garnetians...

And just for fun, this cycle, we are also concurrently running "Bold Alligator". Which is an amphibious training event, which we used to do every year, but put off for a few while involved with Iraq and Afghanistan.
Conceptually, the forces at sea are currently in the early stages of planning an attack on enemy forces from the fictional country of Garnet, a common enemy in what military officers call the “Treasure Coast” scenario. A mechanized Garnetian division has invaded the neighboring country of Amber, and is pushing north toward Amberland, which has asked for coalition assistance to stop advance. Garnet already has mined several harbors and established anti-ship missiles on the coastline, military officials said.
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/scoopdec ... ure-coast/
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

The thing I find most alarming, is the way Aslan blindly accepts the word of his government's NOT FREE press and adopts the attitude they encourage--that they ought to stand in judgement of the US doing military exercises half way around the world just weeks after they did their own military exercises, where they were swarming larger ships with pathetic civilian sports speedboats, firing rockets and obviously practicing to attack ships in the Strait.

I don't think Aslan knows what the world thinks of Iran. The childishness of their face to the rest of the world is staggering. A couple weeks ago when a battle group passed through the area, Iran shook its fist and as the group sailed away, they shouted loudly that the US military had better run. Crazy, crazy, crazy as a loon behavior and just exactly why everyone is afraid for Iran to have nuclear weapons--because Iran does not exhibit adult behavior.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

choff

Post by choff »

Aslan wrote:US strike group simulates war with Iran.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/225453.html

Im so sorry for such thought.

About Iran I should say that Iran not seeking war, but ready to defend.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/225467.html
Aslan, I've seen some of what the Yanks have, they're my neighbours after all, every once in a while I pay a visit. The best analogy I can make for the current situation would be a fight between a bag of thunder crunch potato chips and a steam roller.

If you had the slightest conception what your country is getting itself into, you would either pack up and make a run for the border, or start demanding your leaders be hauled away to the funny farm. Best you start making plans for one or the other quick!
CHoff

Aslan

Post by Aslan »

France cautions against military strike on Iran.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/225748.html

Arrogant powers seek to save Israel. It's right.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/225606.html

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Do you have anything to say, or are you just a parrot for news orgs?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Sadly, Puppet Parrot.

I sound like a propagandist! I am so proud!! 8)

Aslan

Post by Aslan »

Betruger wrote:Do you have anything to say, or are you just a parrot for news orgs?
Yes. I'm ready for saying. What do you want ?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

It would require you to read and think about our replies to your posts.

If you do not have the decency to read, think(independantly) and reply to ours, I will stop following yours. Although, without meaning to be rude, they are funny sometimes, and that in itself has some incentive outside of your lack of participation.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Aslan - You have to ask me what you think's worth saying?

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Well, to be fair, they do have solid fuel now.
I thought their rockets were liquid fuel?