Why hasnt Earth run off water yet, with so many people...

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

AcesHigh

Why hasnt Earth run off water yet, with so many people...

Post by AcesHigh »

... drinking it??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PRICELESS
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=64512

just follow the discussion and check how they treat anyone who even mentions the water cycle! :lol:

Jccarlton

Re: Why hasnt Earth run off water yet, with so many people..

Post by Jccarlton »

I lived in Newport News Va for a couple of years. The sunday morning TV options were stuff from people like this and physics and such from my employe, Jefferson Lab. I'm not sure which was scarier, the show with the preacher who was so disfunctional that I swear that he though the earth was flat or the physicist who wanted to create new universes with high energy lasers.
AcesHigh wrote:... drinking it??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PRICELESS
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=64512

just follow the discussion and check how they treat anyone who even mentions the water cycle! :lol:

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I am speechless...

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Skipjack wrote:I am speechless...
So there is a benefit to this after all!!! :wink: :wink: :lol: :D

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

This is clearly non-sequitur for a very obvious reason....

God makes more water when it rains.... :roll:

olivier

Post by olivier »

Do those people think when they go to the loo?

bcglorf

Post by bcglorf »

This is a joke, right???

Somebody else made this up and just claimed these guys really believed it, right??

Even so, the need to ask makes it's own point.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

The guy who wrote that has never taken a leak. It must be painful.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

seedload

Post by seedload »

I don't get the problem. Their logic seems pretty sound and they provide good references for their numbers at the bottom.

The only real problem I see in their calculations is that there are animals too, and the animals also drink some water. I think this would up the amount consumed by maybe 25% or so. Not enough to make a difference, but enough that they shouldn't have forgot to include it.

What I really am confused about is that we also consume things like corn and as far as I can tell, we use up about all the corn every year. So, why is their corn the next year?

God works in mysterious ways.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

bcglorf wrote:This is a joke, right???

Somebody else made this up and just claimed these guys really believed it, right??

Even so, the need to ask makes it's own point.
Wikipedia wrote:The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional[1] Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a satire of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional[1] Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a satire of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.
I was actually pretty sure that this was true, ever since I watched a few minutes of the O'Riley report. Seeing those fanatics demo at a funeral of a fallen soldier, claimin that this was gods punishment for gays did not help either. Or the Poppov schemes (both of them). There are some real religious nutbags in the US that will believe and say all sorts of crap. Not saying that we dont have any in Europe, but they dont seem to have quite that much of a voice here.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Skipjack wrote:
The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional[1] Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a satire of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.
I was actually pretty sure that this was true, ever since I watched a few minutes of the O'Riley report. Seeing those fanatics demo at a funeral of a fallen soldier, claimin that this was gods punishment for gays did not help either. Or the Poppov schemes (both of them). There are some real religious nutbags in the US that will believe and say all sorts of crap. Not saying that we dont have any in Europe, but they dont seem to have quite that much of a voice here.
There are religious kooks in America. They do not represent the vast majority of religious Americans who are relatively normal, despite people's attempts to tar them all with the same brush.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

There are religious kooks in America. They do not represent the vast majority of religious Americans who are relatively normal
I never said they did, nor did I assume they were the majority. In fact, I spend a lot of time educating people here, that they are not the majority and that most americans are actually pretty much like us... just fatter (jk)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Skipjack wrote:Not saying that we dont have any in Europe, but they dont seem to have quite that much of a voice here.
And let's hope it keeps like that. There is already enough problems from those false moralists that we have as politicians that I do not want to think what will happen if also some religious nuts find their way in places of power...