Why would the left not want small modualr nuclear reactors?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

cgray45

Post by cgray45 »

One of the interesting factors with "Soft" solutions is that they are also more effective today with the rise of things like LED lights and other high efficiency/low power input devices.
However, my problem is there's a lot of well, let's be honest, lies out there about solar-- you can't walk into a home depot without some earnest sort telling you how you'll be selling powr to the grid, etc, etc, and they somehow never get around to showing you the calculation of how much you'll save vs. how much the initial investment is-- and even if it's government subsidized, *someone* is making that initial investment.
Check out my blog-- not just about fusion, but anything that attracts this 40 something historians interest.

UncleMatt

Re: Why would the left not want small modualr nuclear reacto

Post by UncleMatt »

Jccarlton wrote:You would think that they would be pushing these things like anybody's business:
http://alfin2100.blogspot.com/2011/01/s ... ve-in.html
instead it's the opposite. Maybe because to the left their agenda and power are more important than prosperity.
Maybe they are simply employing outdated arguments, much like people on the right do on a regular basis. I hear people on the left employ out of date arguments about nuclear energy about as often as I hear someone on the right claim that tax breaks to the wealthy and corprate welfare create good paying domestic jobs.

Both are wrong, but BOTH continue to engage in that. Perhaps you should focus on ridding your side of that kind of thing before you try to draw attention to the flaws of others in that regard...

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

UncleMatt wrote:focus on ridding your side of that kind of thing
Better yet, argue rights/wrongs undiscriminately.