UNITEL AEROSPACE´s Macroscopic Quantum Tunneling ship

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

AcesHigh

UNITEL AEROSPACE´s Macroscopic Quantum Tunneling ship

Post by AcesHigh »

Well guys, physics is not my area, but several lights on my bullshit-o-meter turned on with this article.

What do you guys say?

http://www.unitel-qht.com/uni/index.php ... &Itemid=13
Intro
Unitel, Inc. will provide mankind with the first practical interstellar transportation system. Based on our patented laser lens and specifically shaped hull, our aerospace propulsion system will feature two modes of transportation: Electromagnetic propulsion, which will be used for short-range interplanetary travel, while elastic tunneling will allow interstellar travel throughout the universe.

The Unitel's Type VI MOSS Vehicle requires the three-part laser lens and charged hull to produce specific quantum effects in order to be used for propulsion. MOSS (Macroscopically Observable Superconductive State) pertains to a system that is observable on a large-scale, yet bound to the same quantum laws as a subatomic particle. The fact that atoms or particles can exist on a macroscopic scale was recently proven with the creation of a Bose-Einstein condensate, a proven MOSS system. Unitel's Type VI vehicle is itself a MOSS system.

On a subatomic level light can be viewed as a light string, where one end point is moving at the speed of light. The projected plasma of the laser assumes the role of a macroscopic light string. Our vehicle will traverse the light string
like a photon. This can be considered electromagnetic propulsion, because we utilize a quantum mechanical function intrinsic to monopoles, in order to generate a strong magnetic attraction. Dr.'s Raymond Chiao and Akira Tomita
were able to physically measure quantum monopole-like effects.

For traveling huge distances, such as from earth to the nearest solar system, our ship will tunnel. Tunneling is a commonplace phenomenon at sub-nuclear levels and occurs in semiconductors, nuclear fusion, and the tunneling
electron microscope. Unitel will use the lens to generate electromagnetic bucking waves, denoting a direct interaction with the zero point energy (ZPE). The ZPE is found in the vacuum of space. It is referred to as zero point, because the energy is not thermal in nature. The ZPE consist of random quantum fluctuation. Acting as a single giant electron, the Unitel spaceship will tunnel through the fabric of spacetime to arrive at a calculated destination. The same distance could take eons to travel by conventional means. In this manner, our vehicle will demonstrate superluminal or faster than light capabilities.

Scalar fields fill the Universe and mark their presence by affecting the properties of elementary particles. Scalar fields in nature can generate mass by the expansion of the wave length of quantum fluctuations. Large fluctuations such as those produced by our propulsion system may alter the observed properties of physics. The Unitel vehicle with its charged hull surface and projected laser plasma will polarize the scalar field underlying the elementary
particles in our Universe and organize the quantum fluctuations coherently to make them large enough to alter physics locally in order to provide instantaneous translation from one spacetime coordinate to any other
there is more stuff in the link I gave above...

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I bought their book 5-6 years ago. I can't see anything in it that looks real.

So far as I remember, none of this has been subject to peer review. Seems they're just marketing to dopey investors.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Enginerd

Re: UNITEL AEROSPACE´s Macroscopic Quantum Tunneling ship

Post by Enginerd »

AcesHigh wrote:What do you guys say?
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
-Carl Sagan

A quick flight to reload the liquid Helium tanks on NASA's WISE telescope would make me a true believer. Should be easy enough for such a ship.
Last edited by Enginerd on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

the whole quantum tunneling at macro-scale... has this ever been proved?

even if you DO quantum tunneling at macro-scale... never heard any proof about faster than light quantum tunneling.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

No, it has never been proved. That's the trouble. They have untested theory and no physical evidence.

Sounds like it was modeled after a supposed "beam ship".

First thing would be to give evidence of the macro-effect in a lab. They hadn't even begun that the years ago I read their book.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

AcesHigh wrote:the whole quantum tunneling at macro-scale... has this ever been proved?

even if you DO quantum tunneling at macro-scale... never heard any proof about faster than light quantum tunneling.
This has been thought up for at least one Scifi RPG, but IIRC is generally seen as BS for reality.
Vae Victis

CaptainBeowulf

Post by CaptainBeowulf »

It's kind of called quantum tunneling because it only happens at the level of quantum particles. Now, if they'd come up with a GUT that unified quantum theory and classical relativity, and thereby demonstrated how to make a quantum effect happen at a macroscopic classical level... well, I'd like to see that theory.

Screw the ship, I just wanna see that theory first... :lol:

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

CaptainBeowulf wrote:It's kind of called quantum tunneling because it only happens at the level of quantum particles. Now, if they'd come up with a GUT that unified quantum theory and classical relativity, and thereby demonstrated how to make a quantum effect happen at a macroscopic classical level... well, I'd like to see that theory.

Screw the ship, I just wanna see that theory first... :lol:
http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Mechanics ... pd_sim_b_3

Sorry, QM is just an approximation.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

The world is full of these type of people making huge claims without even trying to make a suitable mathematical or theoretical background to their claims.

By the way, did I ever expose my idea of a giant Zip to rip open the fabric of space? I mean, space is a fabric, so why shouldn't we be able to zip it, sew it and maybe even make a tuxedo out of it! :twisted:
/sarcasm

Just skip them and move to something else.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

thats the difference of stuff like ME-Thrusters or Heim Theory. They are first researching and studying the THEORY and dont seem to be looking for money from venture capitalists.

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Sounds like a great way to quantum-tunnel dollars from a gullible investor's pocket into theirs.

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

move this thread to the "General" sub-forum pls.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

JohnP wrote:Sounds like a great way to quantum-tunnel dollars from a gullible investor's pocket into theirs.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

zbarlici wrote:move this thread to the "General" sub-forum pls.
I'd suggest we create a section called "Horse Puckey" to put threads like this.