The End Logic of the global warming bureaucracy

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

The End Logic of the global warming bureaucracy

Post by Jccarlton »

Where we could be heading:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/01/12/a ... cy-victim/

This is what Progressives do. Remove people's life, liberty and property because they know better.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Don't forget they shut off the water to a significant part of our California food supply to save some endangered fish. i.e. similar situation.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

choff

Post by choff »

In Canada, if we had taken every last internal combustion engine driven vehicle off the road we still wouldn't have met the Kyoto targets. In my province alone, trees killed by pine beetles and budworms will give off 5 times more greenhouse gasses than all human activity in the country.

Now, some people might say global warming made conditions idea for pine beetles to thrive here, but, the old growth forests the greens always protested cutting down aren't necessarily all that old.

Up to 200 years ago, the local indians used to burn down whole stretches of forest to create pasture for game animals. After the government banned the practise the forests grew in, creating conditions for infestation by insects, plus the myth that all these new trees had been there forever and were old growth forest.

That's a bit simplistic, as you can imagine natural warming trends also play a part. Where I live above the 49th parallel,the palm trees are doing just fine.
CHoff

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Rank speculation here.

It looks to me like the PTB are giving up on control of energy supplies and are using control of the food supplies as a backup plan.

And why do I think that? Holdren + events (Australia, CA central Valley)

Of course it could just be chance. Or a confluence of interest.

However, the Democrat’s strangulation of American energy resources is still on.

Any way it could just be my mild schizophrenia seeing patterns where none exist. Or it could be my mild schizophrenia seeing a pattern before others do. It has happened both ways before. So I like to do reality checks. To keep on the sane side.

Start here:

M. Simon (22:13:38) :

at

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/01/12/a ... cy-victim/

to get some links on the CA Central Valley and a video of what is going on there.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

jmc

Post by jmc »

I'd say your seeing patterns that don't exist.

I don't think the government have any grand plans to seize control of everything. They just think they know better and bit by bit regulate, regulate, regulate. Each individual regulation seems sensible at the time
and for the purposes envisaged, but the side effects aren't always considered.

And government hate it when people disobey their regulations. Fines also provide a nice source of public revenue, which can cover budget deficits and enable more public spending schemes.

Government like public spending because they can claim full credit for the visible benefits that such spending provides. When private companies solve the same problems the head of state can't stand up and take a bow.

I don't think there's any grand plan. Just collective trends, the death by a thousand cuts.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Are you familiar with the views of Presidential Science adviser John Holdren?

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... fraud.html
• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation's drinking water or in food;
• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
• People who "contribute to social deterioration" (i.e. undesirables) "can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility" -- in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
• A transnational "Planetary Regime" should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans' lives -- using an armed international police force.
http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... dvice.html
• Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;
• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation's drinking water or in food;
• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
• People who "contribute to social deterioration" (i.e. undesirables) "can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility" -- in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
• A transnational "Planetary Regime" should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans' lives -- using an armed international police force.

It is all laid out in John's 1977 book Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment
Yes up 'til now a thousand cuts. I think they have lost patience and think they have the power to go direct for the jugular.