Oklahoma FOP Supports This Guy - Happy Labor Day

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Oklahoma FOP Supports This Guy - Happy Labor Day

Post by MSimon »

And it probably explains why police are held in such high regard.
http://reason.com/blog/2014/09/01/cop-f ... x-with-him

The Free Press notes that all of Holtzclaw's victims were black, which means the U.S. Department of Justice could investigate the case as a civil rights matter.

The Oklahoma City Fraternal Order of Police is still supporting Holtzclaw pending the results of an investigation. The organization released a statement explaining that, "Officers often find themselves unfairly targeted by all types of allegations."

Holtzclaw's family and friends have set up a Facebook page, "Justice for Daniel Holtzclaw." Supporters criticized his extremely high bail amount of $5 million.
If only all government workers were unionized.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Diogenes

Re: Oklahoma FOP Supports This Guy - Happy Labor Day

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:And it probably explains why police are held in such high regard.

The Free Press notes that all of Holtzclaw's victims were black, which means the U.S. Department of Justice could investigate the case as a civil rights matter.

The Oklahoma City Fraternal Order of Police is still supporting Holtzclaw pending the results of an investigation. The organization released a statement explaining that, "Officers often find themselves unfairly targeted by all types of allegations."

Holtzclaw's family and friends have set up a Facebook page, "Justice for Daniel Holtzclaw." Supporters criticized his extremely high bail amount of $5 million.

No doubt legalizing weed would solve this problem.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes wrote:
MSimon wrote:And it probably explains why police are held in such high regard.

No doubt legalizing weed would solve this problem.
I think shooting the guy would solve the problem. Preceded or followed by disbanding the police union. Scum of the earth. Especially when you consider that he probably could have just asked and gotten a 10% response rate.

BTW there are things that ending prohibition will not fix. One of the things it will fix is one of the funding sources for Islamic jihadists. Never could figure out why anti-jihadists are in favor of Prohibition.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:
Diogenes wrote: No doubt legalizing weed would solve this problem.

I think shooting the guy would solve the problem. Preceded or followed by disbanding the police union. Scum of the earth. Especially when you consider that he probably could have just asked and gotten a 10% response rate.

Unions are terrible. Even Roosevelt was against Unions employed by government. From his perspective, Unions were strictly a private industry affair.

Franklin Roosevelt in 1937 wrote:"... Meticulous attention should be paid to the special relationships and obligations of public servants to the public itself and to the government. All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations ... The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for ... officials ... to bind the employer ... The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives ...

"Particularly, I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place in the functions of any organization of government employees. Upon employees in the federal service rests the obligation to serve the whole people ... This obligation is paramount ... A strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent ... to prevent or obstruct ... Government ... Such action, looking toward the paralysis of Government ... is unthinkable and intolerable."
MSimon wrote: BTW there are things that ending prohibition will not fix.

Halleluia! Shout it from the rooftops! There *ARE* things that legalizing pot won't cure! From following your commentary, one would have gotten the impression that it was the "philosopher's stone" of social policy, able to turn any sort of civil dreck into gold.

I am please to see that you *Do* poke your head into the real world on occasion.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

Diogenes wrote:Halleluia! Shout it from the rooftops! There *ARE* things that legalizing pot won't cure!
I'll put this as cordially as possible.

You idiot!

Of course there are things legalizing pot won't cure. It won't, for example, cure human nature.

The prohibition of pot and alcohol both were attempts by progressives to do just that, by government fiat at that.

All it can do is cost, it can not be of net benefit.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes wrote:I am please to see that you *Do* poke your head into the real world on occasion.
Since when was commodity Prohibition real world?

It is you my friend who avoids reality and might I add HISTORY.

It is pretty evident that Prohibition is a vector for the spread of the things you don't approve of. Let me give you some poetic history.

Prohibition is an awful flop.
We like it.
It can't stop what it's meant to stop.
We like it.
It's left a trail of graft and slime,
It won't prohibit worth a dime,
It's filled our land with vice and crime.
Nevertheless, we're for it.

Franklin P. Adams, 1931

===============

Oh. I get it. The rallying cry of the progressive. This time it is different. Well in a way you are correct. For alcohol it only took us 13 years or so to wise up. So far we have been at this one for 77 years and we are just coming to our senses. So we are about six times stupider on this subject.

And in some respects Obama got the anti-Prohibition vote (wink, nod). How did that one work out for you? Well he fooled them didn't he?

Teahive

Post by Teahive »

So is Holtzclaw guilty until proven innocent?

Roosevelt had a point. On the other hand, the government is bound by its employees as it's the government's obligation to create the conditions for enough people to want to work for it. Public employees still have the fundamental right to quit.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

So is Holtzclaw guilty until proven innocent?
A fair point, not to be taken lightly. Sadly, 'we' (excludes victims and Holtzclaw) may never know.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

TDPerk wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Halleluia! Shout it from the rooftops! There *ARE* things that legalizing pot won't cure!
I'll put this as cordially as possible.

You idiot!

Of course there are things legalizing pot won't cure. It won't, for example, cure human nature.

The prohibition of pot and alcohol both were attempts by progressives to do just that, by government fiat at that.

All it can do is cost, it can not be of net benefit.

Every pot smoker I know is a useless parasite sucking on the government teat.

I think you are the one having the difficulty grasping human nature.
— Lord Melbourne —

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Every pot smoker I know is a useless parasite sucking on the government teat.
Yes, well, you really went off the deep end with that rant. :roll:
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes wrote:Every pot smoker I know is a useless parasite sucking on the government teat.

I think you are the one having the difficulty grasping human nature.
Well the obvious answer is to put everyone sucking on the government teat in jail. How about we start with police and their auxiliaries. Those folks LOVE crimes. It keeps them in business.

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

"Well the obvious answer is to put everyone sucking on the government teat in jail. How about we start with police and their auxiliaries. Those folks LOVE crimes. It keeps them in business."

Our entire political class is as is common for humanity plagued by people who don't understand their job is to be as irrelevant as possible.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria