European Energy Independence from Russia

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Re: European Energy Independence from Russia

Post by Skipjack »

ohiovr wrote:
mvanwink5 wrote:Skipjack... :D as I see it, "news" has become pure propaganda, saturated with political agenda. That makes it hard to see what is what. It looks more and more like George Orwell's 1984 political landscape, cameras and all.
4 companies in the USA control all of the brainwashing, I mean, television in the USA. I remember a movie called UHF which had a sub plot line about a company owning more than 1 TV station in the same town! Ha! 4 companies now own ever TV station in Amerika!

No one dare question the government now on the air waves and according to lazy good for nothing journalists (all of them), you lose the one and only source of news anywhere!
UHF is one of my favorite movies. Gotta love Weird Al! ;)

choff

Post by choff »

I think Snowden was quoted as saying it's more like Kafka than Orwell, but then even he might be fake.
CHoff

rjaypeters

Post by rjaypeters »

Perhaps not such a big problem after all. Still, losing Russia's contribution in the middle of winter would be a problem...

"The EU has diversified its sources of gas considerably since the 1990s. More than 80 per cent of the growth in imports now comes from countries other than Russia - especially Norway, Algeria, Nigeria and the Middle East.

Dependence on Russian gas almost halved in less than two decades, declining from 61 per cent in 1995 to 34 per cent in 2012."

http://www.worldreview.info/content/how ... ussian-gas

Emphasis mine. Russia still provides more than 20% of Europe's natural gas.
"Aqaba! By Land!" T. E. Lawrence

R. Peters