Al Gore

Consider specific people in the fusion research community, business, or politics who should be made aware of polywell research, and how we might reach them.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Schneibster
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Al Gore

Postby Schneibster » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:40 am

Zixinus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zixinus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:42 am

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Postby JoeStrout » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Zixinus, I'm detecting some prejudice on your part again. :) Politicians are not useless at getting things done; they can get a great deal done (sometimes, even good things!). Moreover, Al Gore is no longer practicing politics; he's a former politician, now better classified as a celebrity — and he's shown a good knack for using his celebrity to accomplish his goals.

Moreover, he may well be against "nuclear power" but that would mean fission power. There are some coherent reasons to be against that. You may or may not agree with those reasons, but regardless, none of them apply to fusion power. Given his clear and strong desire to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, I sincerely hope he is against fission power, because then fusion is really the only practical alternative to large-scale base power generation. (Well, except perhaps for space solar power, but that requires a much larger investment to get going than polywell fusion, if Dr. Bussard is right.)

So I think Schneibster has a valid candidate for our cause here. The question is, how can we reach him?
Joe Strout
Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

Zixinus

Postby Zixinus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:36 pm

Last edited by Zixinus on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanos

Postby Nanos » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Schneibster

Postby Schneibster » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:49 pm

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Postby JoeStrout » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:43 pm

Joe Strout

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Postby JoeStrout » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:47 pm

Joe Strout

Zixinus

Postby Zixinus » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:32 am

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Postby JoeStrout » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:22 am

Joe Strout

Nanos

Postby Nanos » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:26 am

Our approach is a little simlar to geothermal power, expect geothermal has been around for sometime, yet even if you try convincing a politican about that, your onto a loser!

I had the, lets call it good fortune.. to chat with some of my very local politicans and suggested to them the benefits of building a geothermal plant in my own town, only a short time after a brief flutter of interest from the public side, the political side briefly mentioned how they had a relative who investigated it 30 years ago and thought it wouldn't work, and that was it, that was the final word on the issue, that was their entire knowledge base.

They didn't even bother looking at any of the links I gave, didn't read the MIT report recently published, and didn't even seem to take any notice of the fact that there is a working geothermal plant in our own country pumping out electric at 1.4p a KWH !

And then because I wouldn't shut up about it, I got censored and banned from their cosy little forum!

Those links about it for those also interested;

Geothermal electricity generation with GEOHIL technology

http://www.bassfeld.ch

For working out rough costs;

http://www.crest.org/geothermal/geother ... omics.html

More useful links;

http://geothermal.id.doe.gov/publicatio ... 9-1-05.pdf

http://www.insurgent49.com/yanity_geothermal.html

http://www.ormat.com

Whilst I'm all for hoping that we can reach people and get someone to fund things, at the end of the day, I fear any funding will be down to each of us digging into our own pockets to move things forward in anything approaching our own lifetimes.

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Postby JoeStrout » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:01 pm

Joe Strout

Nanos

Postby Nanos » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:36 pm

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Postby JoeStrout » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:07 pm

Joe Strout

Zixinus

Postby Zixinus » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:06 am

Last edited by Zixinus on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Networking”