Fresh horses

Consider specific people in the fusion research community, business, or politics who should be made aware of polywell research, and how we might reach them.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Aero

Post by Aero »

rcain wrote:Aero - I'm sure your point is noted - but this is now drift.
I would agree that the topic of color blindness is exhausted, but to say that my answer to your question is "drift" is somewhat of a stretch. If my answer is drift then why did you ask the question in the first place?
Aero

rcain

Post by rcain »

out of politeness :)

rcain

Post by rcain »

.. just answering my own question regarding output from the IEC conference in Wisconsin last year (as most recent state of the art) - the presentations are linked off the agenda, here http://fti.neep.wisc.edu/iec2009/agenda (as kindly pointed out by their web admin, and previously posted here on the forum - sorry for missing that).

seemingly no experimental studies of cusp flows, apart from some rehashed 2d simulations (from Bussard's originals i think).

also, no geometry investigations like those proposed by Kiteman (though couple of interesting approaches to ring shaped and cylindrical electrodes by the Japanese).

so, both those areas still look open for new experiment. question remains, how to instrument effectively in Famulus's setup?

FAMULUS

Post by FAMULUS »

In response to the feedback about readability, I've updated the blogs theme:

That, and I felt like a change!

http://prometheusfusionperfection.com/

Aero

Post by Aero »

@ FAMULUS - I like it. I like it a lot.
Aero

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Aero wrote:@ FAMULUS - I like it. I like it a lot.
Seconded.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Very very nice, I especially like the way you display the date of the post, neat.

rschaffer8

Long Term Funding

Post by rschaffer8 »

For a while this thread was addressing the the issue of long term funding for non EM2 research and making some progress. I would like to get back to that theme by throwing out an "out of the box" idea. How about attempting to get a television production company to fund the work of Famulous in return for the the rights to do a reality TV Series on his attempt to "invent the devise that could save mankind" or some other suitable hyperbolic claim. I don't think this idea is quite as crazy as it might seem. For instance, "Junkyard Wars" was a very successful production without any socially redeeming features. Thoughts?

FAMULUS

Post by FAMULUS »

Finally got a copy of LabView:

http://prometheusfusionperfection.com/2 ... 8/labview/

rschaffer8: not a bad idea. I always strive to be entertaining if nothing else.

rcain

Post by rcain »

Hi Famulus - like the new theme on your site - easier on the eye for sure.

(TV) sponsorship sounds a good crack. As does 'advertising' and 'endorsment' in general. Carrying advertisors logos on your youtube vids, banner ads on your site, perhaps. Tie in with your 'kickstarter' effort.

Maybe Glassman and/or Varian can be pursuaded to cut you a deal - throw in re-calibration of your rig to boot.

Possibly have more success raising funds like this than seeking venture capitalists, at least at this earty stage. Wondering who else might benefit from having their 'brands' associated with your good work.