China or India as investors?

Discuss funding sources for polywell research, including the non-profit EMC2 Fusion Development Corporation, as well as any other relevant research efforts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

cgray45

China or India as investors?

Post by cgray45 »

Both China and india have some fairly serious oil needs-- India, at last glance, imports about 80% of their fuel. Why not seek out them as polywell investors? India especially has a vast interest in more effective forms of energy and would benefit from the Polywell technology-- likely more than the US would.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I can't imagine why either country hasn't stepped up to the plate. I'm probably missing some critical bit of information.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Yeah, like, they are but even more quietly than EMC2? Truly black, not just a bit cloudy?

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

China is a "closed" society that is more conducive to keeping secrets than the US. It wouldn't be hard for them to be doing black work on it.
Evil is evil, no matter how small

cgray45

Post by cgray45 »

kunkmiester wrote:China is a "closed" society that is more conducive to keeping secrets than the US. It wouldn't be hard for them to be doing black work on it.
Not so much that-- they may not be fully aware of it. I recall a friend who worked at teh state department and he was *amazed* how much paper crossed the decks of even lower level secretaries. There literally wasn't enough time to skim all the stuff they were supposed to read-- which is why you need a powreful lobbying group.

For example, has anyone from EMC or any other polywell enthusiast *contacted* India?