Posting to other Blogs and Comment sites

Discuss ways to make polywell research more widely known or better understood. Includes education and outreach.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

rj40

Posting to other Blogs and Comment sites

Post by rj40 »

The Cafferty File at CNN is asking:
Is Al Gore’s call for carbon-free electricity in 10 years doable or “ridiculous”?
I posted something short on Polywell. Here’s a chance to raise awareness. Or is that too risky?

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2008/ ... ent-447813

I have posted to other sites in the past, but never got much of a response.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I have been posting to other sites for about a year and a half.

When I first started "no one" knew of Polywell. Now a days I am often the 2nd or 3rd Polywell poster.

Awareness is being raised.

BTW this (Al Gore) is just another bit of evidence that if the results from WB-7 are positive it will get showered with money.

I do think 10 years is way too optimistic.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

tombo

Post by tombo »

I think the best we can hope for in 10 years is to know whether this will do the job, and to see a path forward.
-Tom Boydston-
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn’t be called research, would it?" ~Albert Einstein

David_Jay

Post by David_Jay »

Ten years is WAY too soon.

Think of it this way. I have a '97 Chevy Tahoe that is my trailer-towing vehicle. It will serve me for another 3-5 years because I put very few miles on it. We would not turn over our entire transportation fleet in 10 years, even if there was a viable alternative TODAY.

If Polywell was everything we could possibly dream - the power grid could be fossil fuel free in 20 - 30 years.

That would free up the oil for transportation.

Drill here, drill now, hope for polywell success!
not tall, not raving (yet...)