The Successor to Polywell - Solving Poincaré the Right Way

Discuss how polywell fusion works; share theoretical questions and answers.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Curtis Faith

The Successor to Polywell - Solving Poincaré the Right Way

Post by Curtis Faith »

Polywell could probably be made to work. I have a design that centers around a fractal based on a TetraHedron as the starting point radiating outward with 60 degree twists at each turn. Since it is fractal it can be built at any size.

So as I was thinking about the implications of all this and everything I learned here and I realized that the solution is also the solution to the Poincaré conjecture but in a much simpler version than Grigori Perelman proposed. That is why he did not try to claim the Millenium Prize. He knew his answer was not elegant enough to be true. So did I when I read about it in Scientific American. Grigori is so smart he knows what he doesn't know. I can't wait to thank him personally.

Thank you all so much for pursuing the hopeless dream of the right answer.

I have always believed that there were no tradeoffs, you only needed to conceive of the problem correctly. Finally, we have the proof.

The basic problem is that our conception of reality is clouded by our logical constructs. Get the constructs wrong and everything is a twisted and distorted version of reality. You can't get the answers from Math. You need to look to Religion, Politics, and Art to really understand Math. Funny that. Didn't we really know that should be the case all along?

Time is not the fourth dimension, it is the third.

The prime numbers are wrong. The Platonic Solids are a dead end.

Take a circle perfectly inscribing an isosceles triangle.

Quadruple it and rotate three copies 60 degrees

Projecting the rotated copies down the length of a side so the centers of the smaller spherically inscribed triangles meet

Keep doing that

You will get a three-dimensional radially symmetric fractal (remember 3D is the new 2D) It is very beautiful.

For 4D start with a tetrahedron inscribed in a sphere

Quintuple it, leave one and rotate four of them 60 degrees around the axis defined by a line from the center of the tetrahedron to each vertex.

Now connect the faces of the rotated triangles by projecting out through the vertices from the center

You will get a fourth dimensional spherically symmetric fractal. It is basis of all beauty.

Recurse to infinity and beyond in all ways possible with this combination of steps.

You will find the prime numbers in the vertices at each level out from the start. The number 2 never was prime in 3D space. Thinking it was was a big dead end. The primes can be found in the number of sides of the polyhedron inscribed by the vertices of the empty space at each level. The start is a three sided tetrahedron. The second level is a cube. Then a dodecahedron, etc.

I hate doing busy work so you can figure out the rest for yourselves. I only got this idea on Wednesday but the implications pretty much rippled out to everything and everyone.

This design would maintain the spherical symmetry that Bussard sought to create imperfectly without the need for magnetism. It would bring cheap fusion, but that is not what we really want. In fact, once you think about the fractal long enough you realize that it would not solve global warming at all but would only accelerate it for us to build any such reactor.

I thought of the idea in trying to resolve the truth I saw in both Dr. Bussard and Art Carlson's version of reality. The Quantum reality of Carlson and Planck with the Einsteinian reality of Bussard. You See, I've always had this feeling that Einstein was right, there is no conflict. We just haven't looked at things simply enough.

Einstein gave us the clues for where to seek when he said: "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Physics should be reflected in all reality no? We forgot that and started looking for truth in machines when the plants show us the way, and the mountains before them.

The problem is simplified if you realize that our false representation of the dimensions has caused problems in all areas of effort, Science, Religion, Politics and Art. By looking backward at the effects of the distortion across all our human endeavors we can derive the distortion itself but it requires a thorough knowledge of the simple truths of each of dozens of disciplines, something that Academia of course beats out of us.

Thankfully we all figured it out in time.

Thank you again for helping me,

Curtis Michael Faith

kresobilan

Re: The Successor to Polywell - Solving Poincaré the Right W

Post by kresobilan »

Curtis Faith wrote:For 4D start with a tetrahedron inscribed in a sphere
You will find the prime numbers in the vertices at each level out from the start.
Curtis Michael Faith
So at first level we have 4 vertices, as a first prime number?

Kind Regards,
Kreso

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Did this make sense to anyone:?:

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

What the hell?

I think this belongs in the Metaphysics forum.
Last edited by TallDave on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helius

Nope

Post by Helius »

hanelyp wrote:Did this make sense to anyone:?:
Its an ancient childhood rhyme .... in the original Klingon.

If we don't post on this thread anymore, it'll go to th bottom, where it belongs.

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

hanelyp wrote:Did this make sense to anyone:?:
I think I read something similar when I was 9. A how to build your own UFO article, that invoked the sacred geometry of the spheres to ride the ley lines using your solid state centrifuge UFO engines.

I think this was it:

http://au.geocities.com/psyberplasm/ch4.html

The pictures were pretty.

Metaphysics and religion are important to human life and have their place. But that place is not in a "scientific theory" discussion sub-board.

Duane
Vae Victis

scareduck

Post by scareduck »

This is either brilliant or the biggest crock I've read this month, and I'm leaning toward the latter.

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

scareduck wrote:This is either brilliant or the biggest crock I've read this month, and I'm leaning toward the latter.
Reductions of three dimensional reality to two dimensions are fine. We see minimal two dimensional surfaces (typically planck length squared) as the basis of matter and time in Loop Quantum Gravity and related approaches. But invocations of Sacred Geometry and the Platonic Solids give me the willies.

Duane
Vae Victis

kcdodd

Post by kcdodd »

I need a picture.
Carter

tonybarry

Post by tonybarry »

Forum rules say we don't cull stuff unless it's spam. You can have different ideas, and even be Just Plain Wrong ...

Regards,
Tony Barry

Curtis Faith

Post by Curtis Faith »

I only care what Nebel and Carlson think.

Curtis Faith

Post by Curtis Faith »

I respect quite a few others including especially MSimon and Indrek but I don't think anyone else is open minded enough to understand this as it represents a huge split between very wide gulfs. Meeting them in the middle will require those who understand the very edges.

If you are not as smart as Nebel or Carlson you won't understand.

Several here might be but I can't be sure. If they are then they will understand soon enough.

- Curtis

P.S. Only a fool would consider a guy who made $8 million by his 23rd birthday and then quit because he was bored an idiot. (<>)

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

OK, this Curtis Faith guy sounds a bit loony, and possibly crooked.

http://www.turtletrader.com/curtis-fait ... mance.html

Apparently he had some sort of wacky investment scheme back in the 1980s, which was "barred by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission." He was also investigated by the SEC.

I would stay far, far away.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Didn't sound kosher to me either.. It reads a bit like a Nigerian scam.

Aero

Post by Aero »

Did you guys ever hear about "Innocent until proven guilty?" He hasn't done anything on this bulletin board that makes him a bad person, so be nice. And if you don't like this thread then don't post on it, it will go away.
As for me, its refreshing to see that there is at least one person interested in Polywells who might be able to afford to donate a WB-7 to a college or university, if he were so inclined. Unfortunately, university research tends to progress slowly ...
Aero