Bezos invested in this?!

Discuss how polywell fusion works; share theoretical questions and answers.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

bwana

Bezos invested in this?!

Post by bwana »

Acoustically driven fusion?
http://www.generalfusion.com/index.html
The Magnetized Target Fusion resembles the tokomak confinement principle. Dont really see how it differs-except they are injecting a toroidal plasma and then squeezing it some more with mechanical leverage. Mechanical leverage of pistons! Sounds really steampunk.

It's the shock wave of the pistons slamming into lead that concentrates the plasma-that's the theory anyway. However, I dont see how a focussed shock wave can compress the plasma? We use a similar principle to break kidney stones called lithotripsy. As the focussed shock wave passes through the human body it reaches the stone surface and the energy is deposited at the stone surface where there is a large impedance change. A shock aimed at a plasma bubble should only disperse it-no?

I cant believe there are venture capitalists out there with so much money to throw at this stuff?! Maybe Bezos needs to hear about the polywell?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Dude,
This has been discussed many times here. It sounds really crazy, but is worth exploring as an approach. Not actually that crazy in the end.
Search around the forum and you will find this in a number of threads.

Giorgio

Re: Bezos invested in this?!

Post by Giorgio »

bwana wrote:I cant believe there are venture capitalists out there with so much money to throw at this stuff?! Maybe Bezos needs to hear about the polywell?
People was saying the same about google the first time they asked for money :)
Venture capitalist exist exactly for this reason.
They bet on 100 companies, knowing that they will loose money on 90 of them but that they will recover plenty on the other 10.