Wiffleball size

Discuss how polywell fusion works; share theoretical questions and answers.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I have been worrying about participating in the political and ideology discussions here lately. There seems to be less meat and meaning in the responses. Then again, I hope people can compartmentalize that my views or intentions on Politics are completely separate from Science issues.
is discussed here:

viewtopic.php?p=39522#39522
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

rcain

Post by rcain »

Art Calrlson and Wolfgang Engelhardt, who would have guessed. i can picture them now, horns locked, surrounded by broken furniture and even more broken arguments. something to behold i have no doubt. (Wittgenstein Vs Popper comes to mind)

seems to me like a man who deep down intuits there is a profound underlying flaw in all our thinking and that a great unified GUT/TOE will eventually leap out and prove him right.

if that were so, i cant help thinking he would be right. astrophysics seems to be suggesting we are about to be humbled in a big way, if dark flow, etc is ever explained.

but this doesnt make my task of understanding the Wiffleball any easier.
That's becouse there are too many scientists spending their time on the desk instead that in the lab
... though perhaps the opposite: i've heard it said that theory has been significantly lagging experimental/technological progress. it has a lot of catching up to do.

i wonder if Perelman has a bit of spare time to sort it all out for us?

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

rcain wrote:i found another paper by W. Engelhardt here http://redshift.vif.com/JournalFiles/V1 ... 1N2ENG.pdf - 'On the Relativistic Transformation of Electromagnetic Fields'. - 2004.

he is a dude.

tearing great holes in 'accepted'physics without breaking into a sweat.

i hadn't realised that this subject would be so littered with gaps and paradoxes at such a fundamental level.
From the above pdf:
In a recent experiment [11] it was found that the time dilation factor is, in fact, absent, when microwaves are received by an antenna which moves perpendicular to the wave vector. This is in agreement with equation (21) in Reference [10], but in disagreement with the prediction of the Lorentz transformation.
Which reminded me of this:
Discovery that quasars don't show time dilation mystifies astronomers

rcain

Post by rcain »

.. yes, that caught my eye too. i didnt dare think too much further about it. good find with the quasar link (recent news too! though its taken him 28 years to think of telling us about it.). 'curiouser and curiouser'.