Evangelical forums??!?!!?

Discuss the talk-polywell site itself, including appearance, policies, and help-wanted requests from the administrators.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Shubedobedubopbopbedo

Evangelical forums??!?!!?

Post by Shubedobedubopbopbedo »

Isn't that just a little too obvious?

rexxam62

Re: Evangelical forums??!?!!?

Post by rexxam62 »

Shubedobedubopbopbedo wrote:Isn't that just a little too obvious?
What kind of question is that anyway? Your balloons wont power a global and capitalist world. Just live with it.

Nuclear on the other hand can and will.

jlumartinez

Post by jlumartinez »

I agree with Shubedo... This is a technical forum. Evangelical is out of place here. He is not talking about the turbines, but you have reacted as a fanatics against him.

rexxam62

Post by rexxam62 »

jlumartinez wrote:I agree with Shubedo... This is a technical forum. Evangelical is out of place here. He is not talking about the turbines, but you have reacted as a fanatics against him.
What are you on about? As far as this forum being 'evangelical' well duh this forum is about nuclear fusion. Go figure people here will talk about it and support it.

He is very free to build and proove out his concept in the real world. I wont stop him. :)

jlumartinez

Post by jlumartinez »

I mean the meaning of "Evangelical". I haven´t seen this word in any technical paper yet. You could be religious but it is not necessary to include any spiritual word inside this forum. I like movies but I will never put a name as "Benhur discussion forum" in this site.

rexxam62

Post by rexxam62 »

jlumartinez wrote:I mean the meaning of "Evangelical". I haven´t seen this word in any technical paper yet. You could be religious but it is not necessary to include any spiritual word inside this forum. I like movies but I will never put a name as "Benhur discussion forum" in this site.
I am not going to walk around in circles with you on this. If he dont like nuclear polywell fusion then maybe he should not be here? And I hardly 'attacked' him. I am free to think that his balloons wont work.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I actually like Missionary Work. But, Joe didn't seem to be too receptive. LOL

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Post by JoeStrout »

Sorry guys, I don't understand most of this thread (balloons?!?). But to reiterate the reasons behind the "evangelical" group of forums:

Evangelism means actively supporting something; evangelists are active supporters. That's it; there is no religious connotation to it, at least in technical circles. See examples such as technical evangelist, Apple evangelist, and general evangelism marketing.

It is a standard term and if you weren't familiar with it before, well, now you are. :)

Best,
— Joe
Joe Strout
Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

rexxam62

Post by rexxam62 »

JoeStrout wrote:Sorry guys, I don't understand most of this thread (balloons?!?). But to reiterate the reasons behind the "evangelical" group of forums:

Evangelism means actively supporting something; evangelists are active supporters. That's it; there is no religious connotation to it, at least in technical circles. See examples such as technical evangelist, Apple evangelist, and general evangelism marketing.

It is a standard term and if you weren't familiar with it before, well, now you are. :)

Best,
— Joe
Balloons as in the other thread he started that is not about polywell fusion. Check this out sir:

viewtopic.php?t=163 :?

Then check this out:

http://www.magenn.com/ <- :shock:

You mean to tell me these balloons will be practical?

I say, No thank you!

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Post by JoeStrout »

rexxam62 wrote:
JoeStrout wrote:Balloons as in the other thread he started that is not about polywell fusion.
Well, OK, but he put it in the General forum, which is what that forum is for. It has no bearing on this thread (which, as I understand it, is about the naming of the "Evangelical" group of forums), and so let's not discuss it any further here.
Joe Strout
Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Joe,

I was just pulling your leg.

No offense meant.

Even if it has a religious connotation the word is apt.

Personally I have been on a crusade and have extended it to Europe.

Shubedobedubopbopbedo

Post by Shubedobedubopbopbedo »

I always seem to be off-topic.