Just wandering if there is a another IT System ...

Discuss the talk-polywell site itself, including appearance, policies, and help-wanted requests from the administrators.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

YordanGeorgiev

Just wandering if there is a another IT System ...

Post by YordanGeorgiev »

Just wandering if there is a another IT System supporting the need of this organization.

I mean some content management system or even better a content management system + taxonomy functionalities ...

My considerations:
- there is so much knowledge to share
- there must be some kind of organization of that knowledge
- it must be open for access and open for development, preferably open source product
- yet it would have to support different roles ( net vandalism , provocations etc. )
- it must support discussions in this forum as well as provide base for taking REAL action derived on some business / organizational rules
- many other aspects I can't figure out now

I have used <a href="http://drupal.org">Drupal</a> for software project and it project development and it has proven track of providing those ( Obama administration tax tracking site runs also Drupal )

I am not selling here this software platform (solution)..
I just wander if there is a platform to support the talks into actions

However if somebody is interested I could provide for free ( no charges ) one small site with preinstalled and preconfigured drupal ( I am not guru in it yet I have been installing , administrating and configuring several small projects in the last 2 years using it )

Any comments and thoughts would be appreciated ...
It is one thing to know what to want, second to really want it, third to know how to do it, fourth to be skillful to do it,
fifth to actually do it and last but not least to not regret after doing it