found on the Los Alamos website

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

spaccemonkey

found on the Los Alamos website

Post by spaccemonkey »

http://www.lanl.gov/p/rh_pp_park.shtml

Primarily about POPS though they reference two papers that have ,as far as I know, not been published:

J. Park et al., “First experimental confirmation of periodically oscillating plasma sphere (POPS) oscillation,” submitted to Physical Review Letters.

R.A. Nebel et al., “Theoretical and experimental studies of kinetic equilibrium and stability in the virtual cathode of the intense neutron source (INS-e) device,” submitted to Physics of Plasmas.

I'm just wondering if this has to do with our favorite possible not so fringe as I keep telling myself fusion reactor design...

pfrit

Post by pfrit »

Both of these were published in 2005
What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Nebel is running the EMC2 lab, Park is the chief experimentalist.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

spaccemonkey

opps

Post by spaccemonkey »

Well, looks like google failed me on that one. The Los Alamos page had a revision date of Dec 08 2008, so I had assumed that the information was more recent.

Nanos

Post by Nanos »

To amuse, my most favourite Los Alamos related item is:

http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/co ... 2005/509/1

> Nanos Steps Down at Los Alamos

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

...just to clarify this, nanos, your favaorite thing about Los Alamos is "Subscribe/Join AAAS or Buy a Site Pass to View Full Text. "? jk :)