A Round Up Of Fusion Articles

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

A Round Up Of Fusion Articles

Post by MSimon »

Includes "New Energy and Fuels" Brian Westenhaus and info on VC funding of fusion:

http://www.uvox.us/nuclear-fusion-behin ... he-ground/

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

scareduck

Post by scareduck »

Gah. Terrible, terrible link farm whose links don't even work, and several of them are duplicative and circular to the same article. Save yourself some trouble and just go to this story link:

Nuclear fusion is coming, says noted VC (cnet.com)

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Thanks.

I had noticed some of the links were broken after I posted.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

The VC guy is investing in General Fusion. It has been discussed here.

Let us just say that they have a few technical hurdles to overcome. Like timing 200 steam powered ram pistons with sub-microsecond timing. Injecting the fuel into a rotating hollow ball of liquid metal. etc.

If the VC guys are putting $$$ into such schemes EMC2 should have no trouble raising what they need on favorable terms. Providing the report (soon to be announced) is favorable. Or even slightly favorable.

scareduck

Post by scareduck »

There are more dollars chasing ideas than good ideas to chase. Still. That to me is an encouraging sign.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

scareduck wrote:There are more dollars chasing ideas than good ideas to chase. Still. That to me is an encouraging sign.
Agreed.