ENN Fusion Engine Challenge (FUGINE)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
crowberry
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ENN Fusion Engine Challenge (FUGINE)

Postby crowberry » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:50 pm

hanelyp

Re: ENN Fusion Engine Challenge (FUGINE)

Postby hanelyp » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:43 am

"Climate change", second sentence in the introduction. Well, there goes their credibility. Fusion energy does not need a bogus climate crisis to justify it.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:47 am

This would appear to be another PRC front for gaining access to tech and research, IMHO.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Ivy Matt

Postby Ivy Matt » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:12 pm

China already has the EAST tokamak and the ShenGuang-III laser facility, but I'm not aware of much research going on into alternative confinement concepts. This would put China at a disadvantage if one of the private fusion efforts succeeded before ITER or NIF, especially since private companies are more secretive than universities, so it appears they're looking to hedge their bets:

(April 2018 - Jaeyoung Park was one of the invited speakers.)

(brochure)

It looks to me like ENN doesn't even have a specific confinement concept. They're just fishing for one, and/or the expertise that comes along with it. Or, at least, that was the case about a year ago. I wonder if anyone took the bait.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Return to “News”