Bill Gates is heading a $1 billion venture fund to combat climate change

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

happyjack27

Re: Bill Gates is heading a $1 billion venture fund to combat climate change

Post by happyjack27 »

I've created a search engine to debunk climate change denier myths:

https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... b_pytebcxg

you can just type your glorious brilliant denial theories in there and it will educate you.

e.g. you can type "1934 hottest year on record" or "cosmic rays" or "The planet is in fact at a stable temperature for the last twenty years" and see what you get.

saves me the trouble of having to spoon-feed.

note: you can post links in there, too. for example try entering https://wattsupwiththat.com/ in there.
Last edited by happyjack27 on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NotAPhysicist

Post by NotAPhysicist »

That's great, very handy, thanks :)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

happyjack27 wrote:
nevermind all the data....

To quote a famous phrase attributed to Stalin, "It's not the votes that count. It's who counts the votes."

Pardon us if we suspect their "data", especially when so many examples have come forth demonstrating that they fudge it.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

happyjack27

Post by happyjack27 »

Diogenes wrote:
happyjack27 wrote:
nevermind all the data....

To quote a famous phrase attributed to Stalin, "It's not the votes that count. It's who counts the votes."

Pardon us if we suspect their "data", especially when so many examples have come forth demonstrating that they fudge it.
you can type that into my search tool. searching "fudge data" should do the trick.

https://cse.google.com:443/cse/publicur ... b_pytebcxg

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

happyjack27 wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
TDPerk wrote: How long did it take for Milliken's Oil Drop error to be acknowledged? Most people--and scientists are also just such people--go with the flow, don't rock the boat, and get on the gravy train.

Anyone who has read the history of science knows this is often the norm rather than the exception.

In fact, it was so common that Max Planck opined "Science advances one funeral at a time."

It really is a sort of popularity contest for nerds.
Because popularity contests make cell phones, modern medicine, and moon landings.

You are not going to put that pile of psuedo-scientific crap you call "climate science" into the same category as physics and engineering. One deals with real and falsifiable experiments, and the other might as well be classified in the same category as Astrology or Phrenology.

"Climate Science" didn't build any cell phones, modern medicine or moon landings. Real science did that. Real science also demonstrates that a robust controlled feedback system easily counteracts minor perturbations such as those that might be cause by cow farts and other (relatively) minor emissions.

Don't you science bro?
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

happyjack27

Post by happyjack27 »

Diogenes wrote:
happyjack27 wrote:
Diogenes wrote:

Anyone who has read the history of science knows this is often the norm rather than the exception.

In fact, it was so common that Max Planck opined "Science advances one funeral at a time."

It really is a sort of popularity contest for nerds.
Because popularity contests make cell phones, modern medicine, and moon landings.

You are not going to put that pile of psuedo-scientific crap you call "climate science" into the same category as physics and engineering. One deals with real and falsifiable experiments, and the other might as well be classified in the same category as Astrology or Phrenology.

"Climate Science" didn't build any cell phones, modern medicine or moon landings. Real science did that. Real science also demonstrates that a robust controlled feedback system easily counteracts minor perturbations such as those that might be cause by cow farts and other (relatively) minor emissions.

Don't you science bro?

so studying the climate isn't "real science". gotcha. well call me persuaded!

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

happyjack27 wrote:
you can type that into my search tool. searching "fudge data" should do the trick.

Why should I be interested in looking at anything you did until after you've shown some indication that you understand how water vapor works as a negative feedback system?
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

happyjack27 wrote:

so studying the climate isn't "real science".

Not the way it has been done up till now. Maybe a few funerals later, we might see some more objectivity on the topic.
— Lord Melbourne —

happyjack27

Post by happyjack27 »

Diogenes wrote:
happyjack27 wrote:

Why should I be interested in looking at anything you did until after you've shown some indication that you understand how water vapor works as a negative feedback system?
good argument.

i guess you should just remain ignorant.

happyjack27

Post by happyjack27 »

Diogenes wrote:
happyjack27 wrote:

Not the way it has been done up till now. Maybe a few funerals later, we might see some more objectivity on the topic.
okay, i'll wait.

let me know when it agrees with your pre-concieved notions.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

happyjack27 wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
happyjack27 wrote:

good argument.

To quote Mark Twain, "If you don't read the papers, you are uninformed. If you do read the papers you are misinformed. "

To quote Ronald Reagan. "The trouble with our opposition is not that they are ignorant... it's that they know so much which isn't so."

There are worse things than ignorance.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

happyjack27 wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
happyjack27 wrote:

okay, i'll wait.

Still struggling with that Water Vapor thing I see.

Let us know when you are ready to Science.
— Lord Melbourne —

happyjack27

Post by happyjack27 »

Diogenes wrote:
happyjack27 wrote:
Diogenes wrote:

good argument.

To quote Mark Twain, "If you don't read the papers, you are uninformed. If you do read the papers you are misinformed. "

To quote Ronald Reagan. "The trouble with our opposition is not that they are ignorant... it's that they know so much which isn't so."

There are worse things than ignorance.
i'll do you one better:
Convictions are worse enemies to truth than are lies. -- Fredrich Nietzsche

happyjack27

Post by happyjack27 »

Diogenes wrote:
happyjack27 wrote:
Diogenes wrote:

okay, i'll wait.

Still struggling with that Water Vapor thing I see.

Let us know when you are ready to Science.
hey i got an idea: why don't you try putting the words "water vapor feedback" into my search engine?

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Congress: Obama Admin
Fired Top Scientist to Advance Climate Change Plans

A new congressional investigation has determined that the Obama administration fired a top scientist and intimidated staff at the Department of Energy in order to further its climate change agenda, according to a new report that alleges the administration ordered top officials to obstruct Congress in order to forward this agenda.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/congress ... nge-plans/

And people wonder where people might be getting the idea that there is some sort of "conspiracy" going on.
— Lord Melbourne —