Go For New Navy Funding To Finish

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

hanelyp

Re: Go For New Navy Funding To Finish

Post by hanelyp »

mvanwink5 wrote:http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... ear-fusion

Here is another avenue.
I got as far as the first sentence before deciding the article was hard core climatist bunk.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

I ignored the climate stuff. The point was Peter Thiel who is supposed to be Trump's technology man is into fusion.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/12/bi ... -have.html
Bill Gates (and other wealthy friends) announced the launch of Breakthrough Energy Ventures (BEV), a fund that will invest more than $1 billion in scientific breakthroughs that have the potential to deliver cheap and reliable clean energy to the world.
The BEV will be ramping up their public, R and D funding for cleantech, to reach a collective $30 billion by 2020.
We are willing to wait a longer time for returns than other funds. We have a higher tolerance for technical risk, because we know it’s tough to determine which technologies will succeed in a complicated energy market.
Because of the technical nature of succeeding in an energy market, we will build a team that knows as much about the science behind energy breakthroughs as the investment strategies necessary to build those businesses.

Finally, the fund is committed to discovering breakthroughs, wherever they are. The world has made remarkable progress in wind and solar over the past decade, and these technologies will continue to play an important role in our zero-carbon energy mix. I have argued before that innovative industries deploy the technology they have while developing the technology they need. But because the scale of the challenge of providing reliable and affordable power without contributing to climate change is so vast, and the future energy needs are so great, we need to explore as many viable solutions as possible.
In this landscape, we’ve outlined five grand challenges, corresponding to the biggest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions around the world:

1: Electricity: How can we deliver reliable, affordable zero-carbon electricity to the world?
[...2-5]
We’ll explore new partnerships with governments, businesses, and institutional investors who want to be part of the global energy transition.
Didn't see this yet here at T-P.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Soooo while the usual purse fight goes on in that other "news" topic, maybe anyone has more or less baseless and interesting conjecture on whether EMC2 ought to touch a measly fraction of a percent or two out of those $xxB ?
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Known Fact: Park did have a face to face about polywell fusion with gates/microsoft.
But this was a long time ago, one would have thought something would have been funded by now if he was truly interested.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.