Another EEStor?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Another EEStor?

Post by Skipjack »

Another EEStor?
Even more outrageous claims. Though it would be wonderful if it worked, I can't help feeling severe doubts about this.
http://www.engineering.com/ElectronicsD ... ocket.aspx

http://www.ultracapacitor.info/

Carl White

Re: Another EEStor?

Post by Carl White »

Looking for money? Check.

No prototype yet? Check.

I don't feel hope any more with announcements of breakthroughs, they actually make me feel tired now.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

I used to feel the need to give the suckers a chance by pointing out the scam in the story, but now I am past that. I'll just watch.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I am pretty sure they saw that it worked for EEStor (and probably also Graphenano) and thought that they can do the same.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Definitely a situation were we will all be happy to be wrong (that its a scam).

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

krenshala wrote:Definitely a situation were we will all be happy to be wrong (that its a scam).
As I said in my OP, I would love for this to be true. It would enable a lot more things than just better electric cars. I just don't believe it is true and it just sounds too familiar.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

I sometimes wonder if we as a group were of a lower moral standard, how impressive a scam we could build and profit from. I'm thankful we are not those people, but given the success of these weak scammers thus far, imagine what we could rake in.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ScottL wrote:I sometimes wonder if we as a group were of a lower moral standard, how impressive a scam we could build and profit from. I'm thankful we are not those people, but given the success of these weak scammers thus far, imagine what we could rake in.
I have been thinking the same thing. We might end up with a company "worth" tens of millions, even billions if we are very good. From what I was able to observe over the years (in person and from outside), that is entirely possible for a US company without anything of value. I sometimes really wished I had lower standards and I am also a really shitty liar.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

You would also need to be a coward. These types of folks hide behind the system for protection. They are not willing to stand in real light and face real consequences, they are seeking the easy and 'safe' route using low morals as fuel.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)