Graphene battery announced

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

Re: Graphene battery announced

Post by paperburn1 »

Hmm looks like custom manufacture for a specific vendor or usage. Very interesting
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I would not hold my breath too much.
So far they failed to disclose any meaningful information regarding the characteristics and capacity of their production, except for the usual fancy commercial graphs.
Additionally the pictures they posted now are of quite "low tech" machinery and equipment for a factory that is supposed to revolutionize the world of batteries.

It means that they either have found a very low (and cheap) tech to make their product or that they have found a deep pocket investor willing to take the risk. With s little digging I found that they sold 10% of their company to a Chinese group one year ago for 30M Euro and used that money to build what they show today.

As always I hope to be wrong, but to me it does not look very promising.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Giorgio wrote:I would not hold my breath too much.
So far they failed to disclose any meaningful information regarding the characteristics and capacity of their production, except for the usual fancy commercial graphs.
Additionally the pictures they posted now are of quite "low tech" machinery and equipment for a factory that is supposed to revolutionize the world of batteries.

It means that they either have found a very low (and cheap) tech to make their product or that they have found a deep pocket investor willing to take the risk. With s little digging I found that they sold 10% of their company to a Chinese group one year ago for 30M Euro and used that money to build what they show today.

As always I hope to be wrong, but to me it does not look very promising.
Yes, this is what I have seen as well and this is why I would not hold my breath either. I am still checking them out occasionally to see what is happening, if only to see whether my suspicions about them were correct.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Battery
Type Cost, $ per Wh, Wh/kg, Joules/kg, Wh/liter,
Lead-acid, $0.17, 41, 146000, 100,
Alkaline long-life, $0.19, 110, 400000, 320,
Carbon-zinc, $0.31, 36, 130000, 92,
NiMH, $0.99, 95, 340000, 300,
NiCad, $1.50, 39, 140000, 140,
Lithium-ion, $0.47, 128, 460000, 230,

comma delineated for excel.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.