The Space Show this week ...

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Tom Ligon

The Space Show this week ...

Post by Tom Ligon »

I just got the weekly schedule for The Space Show. I've been on it twice, once with RWB and once with MSimon. This week they have two shows with links to alternate fusion.

Eric Lerner (Focus Fusion) will be on. Some of you may think FF still has a chuckle factor, but the approach intrigues me. If they can get it to work it may be the most compact possible fusion powerplant.

The Sunday show will be Lt Col Pete Garretson. The first time I met Pete was at an asteroid deflection conference, where he saw my nametag and said, "Tom Ligon, Polywell Fusion, right? I'll want to talk to you at the break." That did it ... a new Best Friend Forever.

Here are the two announcements:

3. Friday, March 4, 2016: 2016; 9:30-11AM PST; (12:30-2 PM EST; 11:30AM - 1 PM CST. We welcome back ERIC LERNER of Focus Fusion to the show with updates on his fusion work.

4. Sunday, March 6 2016: 12-1:30 PM PST (3-4:30 PM EST, 2-3:30 PM CST): We welcome back CHRIS STONE with LT.COL. PETE GARRESTSON, USAF, to discuss space solar power plans.

http://www.thespaceshow.com/

AcesHigh

Re: The Space Show this week ...

Post by AcesHigh »

I often listen to the podcast. It kinda bores me when they start talking too much about american politics (because I am not american), other than that, some great programs there.

Listened plenty of fusion related podcasts, but I think I did not catch yours and MSimon one!

RERT

Post by RERT »

Just listened to the Lerner podcast. Not much news to those familiar with their earlier presentations, except that they are currently 'baking' the oxygen and water out of their tungsten electrodes, and ought to be done next Monday. I guess some chance that there will be more substantial news in their report on activities in March.

R.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Pete has been at a conference all week pushing solar power satellites at a conference in DC called D3. They now have it up on YouTube. Tonight's Space Show will almost certainly be on this. They won several awards at the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9dQsRv ... e=youtu.be