EMC2 news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: EMC2 news

Post by ladajo »

I have a more altruist view of the statement "it will work or not". The discussion by Dr. Park indicates that they are down to the final piece of the puzzle. And, they have a test methodology to resolve it. That is positive in my book. In effect, he is saying, we have accounted for known issues, and now are ready to see if what we think is right. They think that there will be sufficient confinement based on this current work, and the last question to answer is: Is the heating efficiency of electron beam injection sufficient? They think it will be, but don't know until they try. If it is, then off to the races, no more known questions to address.
That to me appears to be the closest anyone is to cracking open this nut. The other projects have many more hurdles to jump, and everyhurdle brings with the risk of uncovering those things you don't know you don't know.

I remain optimistic, now the trick is to get him funded.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Yes, I understand that, I doubt that anyone with money will, just my opinion.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well, then let's do what we can to get the word out that he should be supported. Someone out there is going to be willing, it is a matter of connecting them together.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

I am, but the need for lifting 'export restraints' worries me.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

With the ITAR settled, there really is not issue. There is other export guidance, but it is innocuous, and should not be an issue at all, it is standard bureaucratic paragraphs at Commerce and DoE that really don't mean anything for this.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Perhaps you misunderstood, I worry about the 'who'.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Government or investors?

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Yes.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Come on Mike, I think you can talk off your tinfoil hat.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

:D :D :D

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

ladajo wrote:Come on Mike, I think you can talk off your tinfoil hat.
Actually, Ladajo, some of the topics for that meeting I'm going to next Friday have me rethinking tinfoil hats. I'm kinda leaning toward old WWII steel helmets, myself. Better shielding. Some biomedical news over the last few years has me thinking we may be getting close to needing it.

(And now the rest of the forum can wonder just what sort of crazy stuff I'm up to.)

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Actually, Tom, reality is that cell protein activity is far more sensitive to RF than ever imagined due to quantum criticality, and other quantum behavior.

For instance the European Robin navigates using the earth's magnetic field via a protein, not magnetite as was guessed, and the protein behavior uses quantum electron entanglement. And AM radio blocks the Robin's ability to navigate. All new research. To think that is the only protein effected ignores the newest understanding of how proteins work in the cells. Thank goodness for redundant metabolic pathways, unfortunate for Robin navigation with a single pathway.

50% of all Americans have one or more chronic disease and 25% have 2 or more, so the idea that everything is as it should be is disputable.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Mike, speaking of tinfoil hats, there's this physicist friend of mine who would send you screaming in fear of all the RF we're exposed to. He's pretty much convinced me. Which reminds me that I need to order some trypan blue stain ... it shows cell death under a microscope. He suggested I rig a slide to watch what happens when certain frequencies start shaking molecules around in membranes.

If forced to use a cell phone, he does so at arm's length.

But this is way off topic, so maybe if you want to pick it up in General?

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Good idea to move it.

ltgbrown

Post by ltgbrown »

I have to agree with Ladajo. I think they are more in a confirm what they think mode than still needing to conduct research. I found what Park said extremely exciting. Just wish EMC2 would go public and offer shares! :P
Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"