LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:The replicators of the Hot cat get their information and insights from the Lagano test report

http://www.sifferkoll.se/sifferkoll/wp- ... Submit.pdf
The report makes no mention of the chemical composition and formula of the fuel, additionally is missing a lot of mechanical info and design specification to properly replicate the experiment.
And before you mention it, no, a spectroscopy analysis of the fuel IS NOT the same as the chemical composition.
After all, telling that something contains "C" gives you no info if that "C" is in the form of Diamond, Coal, Coke, Charcoal, Graphite or a random mixture of them.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Giorgio my friend, you are attempting to reason with folks who already drank the Jim "Rossiclown" Jones cool-aid in Jonestown.
Last edited by ladajo on Fri May 29, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Well, I do it mainly for the others that didn't drink yet, just to show them the dangers of the abuse of "believing without ever questioning". :wink:

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Good call:

The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

OH YEAH!

oh no....

seriously though....it's been nearly 5 years since the clown started his show......put up or shut up time....

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Giorgio wrote:
Axil wrote:Dr. Parkhomov has replicated Rossi's Hot cat at least once with a COP of 3.5.
He could not have possibly replicated it because no specifications nor data nor a detailed explanation of the reaction medium has ever been released to allow a process replication by anyone.
Hence, whatever he is doing and whatever results he is getting (be them real or not) has little to nothing to share with the eCat.
Are you personally informed that Parkhomov did not contact Rossi directly? That would have been the thing to do for anyone who intended to do a replication. It is not lacking in the required "independence" to participate in this sort of collaboration, and in fact replications that do not rely upon intimate details supplied by an earlier experimenter most often fail to provide real replications.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Axil

Post by Axil »

Parkhomov and Rossi have been talking together with other LENR reseachers. Here below is a picture from one of the internet based conversations...

Note how friendly Rossi is.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

GIThruster wrote:
Giorgio wrote:
Axil wrote:Dr. Parkhomov has replicated Rossi's Hot cat at least once with a COP of 3.5.
He could not have possibly replicated it because no specifications nor data nor a detailed explanation of the reaction medium has ever been released to allow a process replication by anyone.
Hence, whatever he is doing and whatever results he is getting (be them real or not) has little to nothing to share with the eCat.
Are you personally informed that Parkhomov did not contact Rossi directly? That would have been the thing to do for anyone who intended to do a replication. It is not lacking in the required "independence" to participate in this sort of collaboration, and in fact replications that do not rely upon intimate details supplied by an earlier experimenter most often fail to provide real replications.
You suggesting that Rossi gave to Parkhomov the very same "secret formula" he ostentatiously refused to reveal to anyone for the last 5 years? And he gave it to him so that he could make his experiment and publish it on his paper like he did? Come on.... this is hard to believe for anyone, including (if you will excuse the word game) die hard believers......

Edited to add:
Should we even want to consider this as a possibility, than why doesn't Rossi just say so? Why doesn't he just say "Hey this is my secret recipe. Parkhomov already tried it, go along and do all the test you want!"
Even better, why doesn't Parkhomov say this if that was the case?

Or should we really believe that the "secret formula" of the invention of the Millennia was passed by his inventor to an external experimenter in a webcam chat and inferring it from "Note how friendly Rossi is" as Axil suggested?
We should discuss more about Physics and Chemistry instead of Social Science.

Unfortunately the only one who can give us the needed data for a replication is refusing to do so, and this is NEVER a good indication.......

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

If I were in Rossi's position and wanted to see some replications done, I would certainly require an NDA/NCA before divulging any trade secret information, but I would certainly seek for people willing to do replications and be willing to work with them. This is all to Rossi's advantage if indeed he has anything.

This is all news to me. I haven't followed much what Rossi has done just because there have been so many practical issues and blunders, but given these claims that this physicist did a replication, I would not dismiss this out of hand. Were I NASA, this Russian guy is the first person I would interview.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

GIThruster wrote:....but given these claims that this physicist did a replication, I would not dismiss this out of hand. Were I NASA, this Russian guy is the first person I would interview.
Far from me to dismiss any of his claims, I have no info nor data now to judge his results. I have few doubts on his set up, but I will wait to see the replication results before expressing any judgement on Parkhomov work.
Parkhomov at least did divulge enough details to allow other to make their own set up and seems willing to collaborate with others to clear doubts.
Where I have no doubts is that this is not an eCat replication because it lacks the basic elements of the eCat.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I would anyhow think twice before believing to a single word of a men who says something like this about his own work:
Andrea Rossi wrote:The E-Cat will be sold upon contracts that will contain all the necessary guerantees. Who will trust our capacity to fulfill the guarantees will buy the E-Cats, who will not trust will not buy them. That’s it.
We already have a huge portfolio of “pioneers” from all the world ready to buy the E-Cats based on our guarantees. After this first wave of “pioneers” automatically references will be around. Like always happens with new technologies. But remember: maybe nothing will happen of all this, if the final results of the tests on course will be negative, as they might be.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
I am seriously undecided if the above should be classifies as "Bipolar disorder" or "Smart snake-oil salesman technique".

Axil

Post by Axil »

Rossi does not call the shots anymore. He has sold his IP to Industral Heat. IH allowed the Lagno test. They set the ground rules for the test. Their modivtion may be different from those of Rossi. I have tried to get this into your heads for months but these heads are very hard.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

What about the original customer? Surely they've been running their 1MW plant for the last 4-5 years by now right? Certainly they have the secret to maintain the plant before this IH company got ownership. Where are they in all of this? What about all the years prior to the IH acquisition where Rossi stated that commercial units would be available any minute now only to never follow through? Where are the little e-cats? God will someone think of the e-kittens!!?!! Seriously though, the game is over. The discussion is dead. Rossi can post all the test results, articles, etc. that he wants, but it doesn't matter. None of it matters at all and won't matter until they become readily available commercially, which I suspect they never will.

This topic is about LENR, not specifically Rossi. Perhaps we should start talking about more credible research and experimentation going on, not vaporware. Every time LENR is brought up, the conversations inevitably migrate to Rossi and his clown show. Surely there are more credible sources making real progress on LENR research right? Hasn't the research progressed enough to give definitive results by now?

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

The problem lies in the fact that Rossi dominates the first 3 or 4 pages of a google search. This leaves any real news outside the normal search results.(Most people will not drill down more than 2 layers.) Why is he so popular, a lot of web crawler promotion.
But here is some other news
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-h-b ... 89772.html
https://www.facebook.com/MartinFleischm ... 9728866393
not that I lend any credence to any of these sources.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:Rossi does not call the shots anymore. He has sold his IP to Industral Heat. IH allowed the Lagno test. They set the ground rules for the test. Their modivtion may be different from those of Rossi. I have tried to get this into your heads for months but these heads are very hard.
I am sorry but you will never be able to convince anyone who has a minimum of technical background about that.
Either a machine/a system/an experiment works or does not work. Changing the "ground rules" for testing it can't alter reality.
In other words if the machine is the same and input parameters are the same than the output parameters MUST be the same, regardless of the way you measure them. That's the essence of repeatability.
A failure in obtaining the same results readings when changing the way to read them implies a faulty experiment in the original set up or in the new set up or (almost always) in both.

That's why for the last 5 years Rossi has been asked to perform a quick, basic, easy, cheap, error proof calorimetric test.
Everyone can make up is own mind on why he escaped from such a simple experimental set up while choosing convoluted systems that just add layers over layers of potential reading errors.

Simplicity is the essence of a real researcher.