LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DancingFool

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by DancingFool »

To belabor the obvious:

One mark of Bad Science (as opposed to Real Science) is the Shy Bladder Effect. If experiments don't work when an outsider is watching, it suggests that the reports of earlier experiments must be viewed with extreme, rather than normal, skepticism.

In this case, me356 has reported isolating various effects which are needed to get good results. This very strongly implies that he has run his experiments repeatedly, and can get sufficiently reliable results to tune the process. if so, it should be reasonably expected that he can actually (reliably) run an experiment and get results.

If he cannot do this (and he has shown that, at least in this case, he cannot), there is little reason to trust his earlier reports. This is a classic failure of replication, and demonstrates quite nicely why the conventional emphasis on replication exists in the first place.

if me356 can review the experiment and discover the reason for his failure, and the foundation is feeling optimistic, they can come back and try it again. Hope springs eternal, after all.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he strafed the lifeboats.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

My impression that me356 doesn't have shit has only been reinforced. He has claimed alot, and when faced with outside scrutiny, produced nothing as predicted. Now it is excuses time.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And for the record, the behaviours exhibited by "me356" on LENR-Forum and with MFMP indicate he is pulling everyone's leg for a laugh. There is absolutely NO PROOF he has anything other than "idiot-bait" (an alternative form of "click-bait"). It appears to me to date, that your hoped for hero me356, is actually just trolling the crowd to see how far he can bait folks to make jollies for himself and his ego. I predict there will be no test, delayed / postponed for [insert bullshit reason here]. And if he ever does offer something up to MFMP, it will fail and he will either claim "not tested correctly" or "hah! had you all fooled you 'jack-asses'!
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

parallel

Post by parallel »

More detailed Lugano report.
http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LeviGobservatio.pdf
COP ~3.6

"In the course of the year following the previous tests, the E-Cat’s technology
was transferred to Industrial Heat LLC, United States, where it was replicated and improved. The present E-Cat reactor is therefore an improved version run
ning at higher temperature than the one used in the March 2013 experiment. "

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Thanks Parallel, another morning laugh!

Says who? Rossiclown?

I thought so.

In any event, Rossiclown sockpuppet posts to the JONP Extravaganza indicate a growing level of stress on his part. He is lashing out more and more trying to make IH look evil and incompetent. It is pretty funny actually. One of the latest is where a real lawyer popped up on LENR, and made some legal commentary regarding how screwed Rossiclown is. Then, of course, a RossiSock immediately appeared on JONP stating the lawyer is a fictitious idiot, and Rossiclown replies: Well I don't read LENR Forum anyway... If I had been drinking my morning coffee when I saw that, I would have coffee sprayed my monitor. Truly funny.
Joanne
June 16, 2017 at 8:32 PM
Dr Andrea Rossi:
Let me inform the readers of the JONP of what is happening in the blog paid by IH ( Lenr Forum): a guy presented himself as an attorney of the USA, expert of litigations like yours with IH. He wrote a lot of stupidities, like you will lose the case because of a lot of issues that still have to be discussed in court. Since no serious attorney would ever discuss publicly about a litigation on course of which he is not part, I asked an attorney my friend if he could check if this guy is really an attorney. My attorney, after one hour, informed me that:
1- in the USA does not exist any person with that name that has ever participated to a case in a court
2- this fake attorney has stolen the identity of a person that never appeared in any court (this is why I prefer not to name him)
3- at the address indicated on Lenr Forum of this “attorney”, there is a post office!
This having been said, since he cites particulars that only the gang of the ventriloquist of Raleigh can know, it is clear that this clownerie has been organized by IH in their home-blog.
Certainly IH must be scratching the bottom of their barrel… The comic aspect of this squalid thing is that a puppet of the ventriloquist -obviously on Lenr Forum- has commented that a NEUTRAL (!!!) attorney, at last, has explained to us the truth about the litigation.
Comments?
Ad majora,
Leanne

Translate
Andrea Rossi
June 16, 2017 at 9:22 PM
Joanne:
No comment.
By the way, I do not read LENR Forum.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.c ... nt-1280507

Just for fun, I am including the lawyer in question from LENR Forum, replying there in regard to the "Joanne" post on JONP.
Joanne:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am real. My name is Howard Michael Appel and yes, you have discovered that the address, 1100 Broadway, Suite 5752, Redwood City, Cal. is the post office box I maintain as my address with the California State Bar (I also use it as the address for my Cal. driver's license). I have practiced for over 25 years and the brief bio I posted is accurate. If you think that I have lied, please feel free to file a complaint with the California State Bar. Their toll free number is 800-843-9053 and here is a handy link: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Publi…s/How-to ... -Complaint. I just started posting on this site recently, but I have posted on The Fogbow for a number of years and have met in person with quite a number of other members who are also Cal. lawyers. If the administrator of this site wishes to confirm my identity they have my permission to contact The Fogbow administrator who will confirm who I am and that the ISP/address I am using are mine.

As to your comment that no serious lawyer would discuss litigation in which they are not involved, you haven't a clue. Lawyers don't discuss litigation in which they are involved, but we love to discuss, criticize, praise, comment, play pundit, etc. on cases where we are not involved. After all, we don't have anything to lose in such cases. And I guess all of the legal blogs, as well as all the legal journals, never discuss active cases. Take a look at SCOTUSBLOG, which discusses pending SCOTUS cases (for non-lawyers, non Americans, SCOTUS is Supreme Court of the United States), or http://volokh.com.

But please, feel free to call Rossi's attention to me. I would love to hear from him about how he is mistreated.

Also, I have made it clear that what I post are my opinions, based on what I have read on these sites and in the publicly filed documents. I have no inside information and as I made perfectly clear to IHFB, I am not a shill for anyone here, I have no dog in this fight, I am not affiliated with and, to the best of my knowledge, do not know any of the players involved here. You however, are a cowardly, pusillanimous, recreant, spineless, milk-livered poltroon (just in case, here is a link to the online Oxford Dictionary definition - https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/poltroon).

Please enjoy the rest of your day.
https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/thread ... #post62452

parallel

Post by parallel »

Further proof that the Ni/H systems works for the idiot trolls to ridicule.
http://www.e-catworld.com/wp-content/up ... ovetal.pdf

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I presume you read this link you posted, and noticed the truck sized holes you can drive through regarding the reporting methodology.
Or not.

In any event, the topic at hand is... wait for it... Rossiclown!!!

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

And did you notice a remarkable effect?

In no case were there significant changes in nickel isotope ratios. In no case did nickel-hydrogen fusion occur. In no case was Rossi's mechanism supported.

You can claim, if you like, that (as this thread is titled) "LENR is Real", but nothing in this paper supports Rossi's claims that he understands what is going on. In fact, if you accept the paper as correct, it demolishes Rossi's claims.

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

And another thing. Look at the fuel composition. Specifically, the "Protok-6" data. See anything funny?

How about the fact that, according to the data, the fuel was only 84% nickel? Really? WTF? I mean, talk about cheap SOBs, they couldn't even get 90% purity?

Or maybe, just maybe, the analysis is really, really dodgy.

What do you think?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I also thought it amusing looking at the what went ups v. what went downs.
Apparently they have found a way to make Cr, K, Si, Mg, Na, F, C, & O from Mg, Zn, Cl, Ni, Cu, Co, & Al.
Love to see those Decay chains...
And lets not pay any attention to the lack of Li in the Atomic % table...

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

And another really great fail - the data for the AP2 reactor fuel.

Elemental abundances are shown before and after operation, with percentages totaling 100%.

No lithium is shown to be present, although a great deal of aluminum, so presumably no lithium aluminum hydride.

Then an isotopic analysis is performed showing no change in the Li6/Li7 ratio.

How can the ratio of a non-existent component be analyzed?

Parallel, I really must thank you for providing that link, but I suggest you actually pay attention to what you link in the future. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

parallel wrote:Further proof that the Ni/H systems works for the idiot trolls to ridicule.
http://www.e-catworld.com/wp-content/up ... ovetal.pdf
Well, you were right about the ridicule, but let's get serious for a minute.

You read the paper (maybe) and saw fit to assert that it constitutes "proof that the Ni/H systems works", while I saw various rather laughable mistakes and peculiarities. Clearly we have different standards of proof, and while I don't see how yours can work, I'm willing to be educated.

So. You claimed the paper constitutes proof. Why? And by why, I mean in detail. You seem to be big on hit-and-run, making claims which you are generally unable to back up, and here's a chance to show the trolls to be wrong.

Why, exactly, does the presentation prove that NI/H fusion works? Why do you feel that the data supports Rossi's earlier claims about Ni/H fusion? Note that any explanation will need to be consistent with what Rossi has actually said.

parallel

Post by parallel »

DancingFool,
As your comment is not totally idiotic like so many here I will answer briefly.
Proof is given of excess heat and isotope transmutations. This mean a nuclear reaction has taken place.

Edit added.
Bob Greenyer of the MFMP says:
"As I said before Asti, I think this is one of the most important reports that was prepared for the conference and we are arranging more tests on samples provided by Alexander Parkhomov.
Unless you prefer the drooling of some anonymous troll.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

parallel wrote:DancingFool,
As your comment is not totally idiotic like so many here I will answer briefly.
Proof is given of excess heat and isotope transmutations. This mean a nuclear reaction has taken place.

Edit added.
Bob Greenyer of the MFMP says:
"As I said before Asti, I think this is one of the most important reports that was prepared for the conference and we are arranging more tests on samples provided by Alexander Parkhomov.
Unless you prefer the drooling of some anonymous troll.
Since you didn't answer his question, lets try another approach. Pick any one of the glaring problems DancingFool or Ladajo pointed out and refute what they stated. Give examples, cite some well researched journals, etc. Show us that you actually understand what you're reading and not just regurgitating what you've read online somewhere from a blog. Surely you can join in a civil discussion about the wide range of issues they've pointed out, right?

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

parallel wrote:DancingFool,
And this is a pretty good example of why some folk don't take you seriously. Note that the question was, why do you think the paper proves Ni / H fusion, since that was your claim in linking the paper in the first place.

The problem here is that Ni + H gives copper, not vanadium, or chromium or any heavier elements, And the copper produced is often wildly radioactive (half-lives in the 80 seconds to 3 hour range) which decay back to nickel with the emission of positrons which produce 511 keV gamma radiation. And since the copper decays to nickel, you don't get any of the lighter elements, either. Oh yes, and just to head off a possible half-baked objection, 511 keV gammas do not induce fission, so let's not have any hand-waving attempts to go that route, either.

Two of the original nickel isotopes, 62Ni and 64 Ni, fuse to produce stable copper isotopes, while the others produce nickel isotopes which either undergo fusion and wind up as copper as well, or, for the most common isotope, 58Ni, winds up as a completely different isotope, 59 Ni. The result is that any reduction in nickel should be offset either by a new nickel isotope or copper and that doesn't happen. 58Ni (the most common isotope) should convert to 59Ni via 59Cu and gamma radiation, which is radioactive with a half-life of 76,000 years, but no 59Ni is produced. 60Ni and 61Ni should be depleted and wind up as 63Cu, but they aren't. 62Ni and 64Ni should be depleted, and replaced with 63Cu and 65Cu, and they aren't. And as Rossi has demonstrated repeatedly, his process produces none of the really nasty gamma radiation which should be produced.

So, if the presentation is taken as valid, it comprehensively disproves the presence of Ni + H fusion. The nuclide succession chains are well-known, andy they simply do not permit that fusion process.

And I'm sure you have forgotten this, but about 5 years back Rossi responded to this reasoning by claiming a secret process by which he limited the isotopes in his fuel to 62Ni, and so avoiding radiation production. While this was pretty laughable (since it implied that he could make a very nice living off his enrichment process) it satisfied his supporters (like you). But now Parkhamov et al are surely doomed to die from radiation poisoning. And if they don't, well, that's a pretty definitive test in itself. Are you willing to make a small wager?

So, as I remarked earlier, if you accept the paper you linked to it may be taken as support for LENR in general, but it crushes Ni + H fusion, and it crushes Rossi. Unless you wish to change your mind and reject it, in which case it does not prove Ni + H fusion. You can take your pick, but neither choice supports your position, and neither choice does much for your credibility. And the refusal to choose (which I predict will be your option) doesn't do much for your credibility, either.