LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

parallel

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by parallel »

Webinar by Mats Lewan.
This one hour talk covers all the basics. The Q&A after the talk is particularly interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ3S3YM ... e=youtu.be

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well, that was a complete waste of my time.
Well, maybe not totally, I now understand better why you are so deluded Parallel.
Lewans demonstrated a unique lack of due diligence as a self-proclaimed "reporter". What a wandering idiot.
Even in his own speech, he contradicted himself some many times I lost count.

I thought it intriguing how he attempted to gloss over Rossiclown's history, and even left out key events and fraudulent activities that are well documented. The army project comes to mind, as well as the depth and breadth of Rossiclown's Most Excellent Italian Adventures. Although, to be fair, he does admit that Rossi did prison time, just not what for...and, clearly glosses over how long...

This video was simply "Buy My Book" shamelessness. Apparently, since he got his pee-pee smacked at NYTEKNIK for not doing due diligence, the trend has continued. And invoking the likes of Acland and Rothwell certainly did not help his case. I did notice that he dropped Sterling Allen from the validation list. Good decision that.
I really loved the bit about how having a patent proves the technology. What a patent does is document an idea, in sufficient detail that another person can reproduce the apparatus. This serves several functions, one is to provide protective rights for the original idea, the other is to document for posterity the work accomplished. The last is to establish the time window of protection. None of these validate the idea.

The vaunted "one year test" is almost over Parallel, I highly recommend that you sharpen your defense in preparation for another punt by Rossiclown.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel

Post by parallel »

Ladajo, "If you think you can't, you're right."

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Apparently Rossi is already making some statements about major redesign and the need for redeployment and retests.
Andrea Rossi
January 23rd, 2016 at 8:12 AM
Barty:
Your assumption has right of citizenship in the kingdom of logic, but we must be conservative.
There are many parts of the plant that need upgrading and the next generation of industrial plants (F9) will be different. I cannot give the details of the parts to be modified, for obvious reasons, but we are talking not just of plumbing and wiring, we are talking of internal structure of the reactors.
This plant belongs to the first generation, substantially it is equal to the plant tested in Bologna in the Winter of 2011; the next one will be different and I am already designing it (again: F9).
Warm Regards,
A.R.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Oh look! Vaporware!

What say you Parallel?
<munches popcorn>
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

So, his way out of the pit he dig is going to be: "We need redesign!"....

I was having hope for something more elaborate, like "UFO stole my tech!" or "The secret customer was a MIB agent!"
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

David W. Maurer, writing in The Big Con (1940), there was a similar saying amongst con men: "There's a mark born every minute, and one to trim 'em and one to knock 'em".
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

While it is a waste of time to answer those who are certain LENR is just pseudo and doesn't work, others may note Mats Lewan's comment.
“…The experiment by Rossi that convinced me most (one of the four where I made the measurements) was on October 6, 2011, when the E-Cat, after a few hours of start-up, was put in ‘self-sustained mode’ meaning that all electric input, except for the control system, was detached, and the water inside the E-Cat continued to boil for almost four hours, even though fresh water was continuously added by a pump. You could feel the boiling inside, output temp was 114 degrees centigrade, and the temperature on the surface of the well insulated E-Cat remain around 60 to 85 degrees centigrade. Try to repeat that without adding heat! Only possible if you had heat stored in melted salt inside, but Rossi opened the E-Cat after the test and there was no such thing inside. See also: http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter…”

Anyone who thinks developing the E-Cat further is just a ploy to hide the facts is incredibly stupid. Of course the 1 MW plant will be improved on for the later versions. I suppose they think the Wright Bros should have marketed the original flyer.
Rossi has put together an advisory committee of experts from several different countries to advise not only on the E-Cat but applications for it and the manufacture of them.

Looking forward to the results of the 350 day test in not much more than a month now, while one might hope the critics would crawl back under the rocks from whence they came after the results are published, as they are trolls, they are not deterred by facts from wasting everyone's time with their stupid comments and will probably continue.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

It's funny that you always find a lot of time to waste to reply to non technical posts but you never find the time to reply any of the technical questions that I, Ladajo and many others have asked you.
If your English was not so good I would thing that you are Mr. Rossi in disguise :roll:

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio wrote:
"So, his way out of the pit he dig is going to be: "We need redesign!"...."

And you complain about me not replying to technical questions you and the other trolls asked? LOL
What technical questions? What colors are the stars you see when you bang your head?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Giorgio wrote:
"So, his way out of the pit he dig is going to be: "We need redesign!"...."

And you complain about me not replying to technical questions you and the other trolls asked? LOL
What technical questions? What colors are the stars you see when you bang your head?
If you see a "question" in a "statement" than maybe your understanding of English is not as good as I first thought... :roll:

And it seems that you also have memory problem if you don't remember any of the technical questions related to your statements that we asked you so far. Here, let me help you refresh your mind with the very last question that you refused to reply:
http://talk-polywell.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 55#p123866

You have time to waste now, so it could be a good time to reply to it!

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio,
Apparently you have little short term memory. You or was it troll ladajo, said the container for the E-Cat X was steel and so couldn't work at the stated temperature. Although Rossi says he had to develop another "special" material there is no reason to think it is steel. I don't know what it is, neither does anyone outside the research group working on it. I gave an analogy of alumina as a possibility but there is no point in picking that apart as it unlikely to be pure alumina as that is not a new material.

All your "technical questions" are typical irrelevant troll things like the above, not worth wasting time on. You just pick on side issues to criticize in an apparently desperate attempt to preserve your belief that the various E-Cats don't work, a belief that is increasingly threatened with passing time. You should probably stop trolling for a month and wait for hard evidence.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

parallel wrote:While it is a waste of time to answer those who are certain LENR is just pseudo and doesn't work,
A couple of points come to mind when reading this. Almost everyone I recall in this thread is open to the possibility of what is termed LENR, or at least some scientific investigation, theory, and experimentation in this area, and have stated such, or have not out-rightly declared LENR false. But Rossi does not necessarily = LENR. Your statement is a Straw man.
parallel wrote:. . .others may note Mats Lewan's comment.
“…The experiment by Rossi that convinced me most (one of the four where I made the measurements) was on October 6, 2011, when the E-Cat, after a few hours of start-up, was put in ‘self-sustained mode’ meaning that all electric input, except for the control system, was detached, and the water inside the E-Cat continued to boil for almost four hours, even though fresh water was continuously added by a pump. You could feel the boiling inside, output temp was 114 degrees centigrade, and the temperature on the surface of the well insulated E-Cat remain around 60 to 85 degrees centigrade. Try to repeat that without adding heat! Only possible if you had heat stored in melted salt inside, but Rossi opened the E-Cat after the test and there was no such thing inside. See also: http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter…”
The control system is grid connected and it is an avenue for fraud.
parallel wrote:Anyone who thinks developing the E-Cat further is just a ploy to hide the facts is incredibly stupid. Of course the 1 MW plant will be improved on for the later versions.
Well, look at Blacklight Power. If that is fraud then Mills appears to have a great industry of being six months away from a commercial product for...what is is, decades now?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Although Rossi says he had to develop another "special" material there is no reason to think it is steel. I don't know what it is, neither does anyone outside the research group working on it. I gave an analogy of alumina as a possibility but there is no point in picking that apart as it unlikely to be pure alumina as that is not a new material.
All your "technical questions" are typical irrelevant troll things like the above, not worth wasting time on.
Ah, what an interesting attitude you have. You don't know what this material is and you don't even ask yourself if it exists in the world a material capable of handling such a thermal load for cm2. You have BLIND FAITH that your hero, Mr. Rossi, will use a material whose mechanical, thermal and IR transparency requirement DO NOT MATCH AT THE SAME TIME ANY EXISTING MATERIAL IN THE WORLD.
But hey, why should we care about such puny details, as I said before, Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo and Mr. Rossi will solve all!
You really seems to live in magic land, not in real world.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Oh Parallel, the Rossiclown has said he is using Alumina for ECAT X. See how much you pay attention...oh, you don't need to, your blind faith is enough. I chose steel, because it is based on what he has published and discussed privately. I also did not choose Alumina, because it does not support the application as noted by Giorgio. In any event, for the energy loadings and requirements discussed, there is no material or known science that can support the form factor Rossiclown has presented. As usual, he runs off at the mouth, speaks of what he knows not, and then will soon change his story as folks who do know something weigh in and start to pick it apart. Same old MO on Rossiclown's part. Horseshit wrapped in pretty paper, with new wrappings as needed.

I also agree with JoeP regarding that LENR <> Rossiclown. They are two distinct arguments. In fact, Rossiclown is not even an argument, it is more of a sport.

Parallel, any time you want to address specific technical, procedural, and claim concerns that multiple folks have brought up regarding the Rossiclown, we are all ears. What we don't listen to so much is when you are confronted with these concerns, you resort to name calling and hyperbole. It makes you a small person. It also makes you a source of humor. You would be taken much more seriously by me, and others, if you would just answer with reason, proof, and citations to address concerns, and not your emotion, sales pitches, and proclamations about "The Truth" and "Righteousness" of the Rossicult Religion you preach for.

We will be all ears if Rossiclown actually produces something real and not vaporware. To date: ALL VAPORWARE. EVERY SINGLE "Production Ready" ECAT ITERATION. And how many iterations have there been? What happened to all the older "We are now making robot production lines" ECAT whatevers? Where are they?

Rossi is full of shit and you know it. If you don't, well then I guess you will go to your grave convinced you are right, because you won't see any real proof from Rossiclown before that happens. So sad for you to be born a sucker.
Last edited by ladajo on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.