LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

There you go again, hiding behind yet another Rossiclown "long term test".
What will you do when he annouces another one after this one, in his never ending cycle of vaporware?

I predict yet another mystery non-existant customer, and yet another test cycle on another "new" machine.

And still no explanations or visibilty on all the other machines and customers he has claimed in the past. We should really wonder where they went and what happened with the miracle machines they supposedly bought, installed, and tested.

I also predict that, once again, Parallel will deny that Rossiclown ever said any of that happened.
Last edited by ladajo on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:You are wrong again. (EPRI - Electrical Power RESEARCH Institute. GRI - Gas RESEARCH Institute) I don't intend to waste further time on this pointless, off topic conversation.
Thanks but I know what EPRI and GRI are.
Your escaping to my simple and direct question is just a confirmation of my hypothesis. You have no practical experience at all nor a theory background about any of the issues we discuss here, and that's why your only "technical" arguments are petty insults.

I second Ladajo prediction.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

parallel

Post by parallel »

From MfMP Industrial Heat submits far clearer illustrations of its various "HotCat" designs to the USPTO for their patent application

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7eIOS ... 5LY28/view

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

I was just reading the link, and simultaneously appreciating the heat coming out of one of these by my desk chair here in the basement!

Prior art?

parallel

Post by parallel »

Here is an essay by Huw Price, Bertrand Russell Professor of Philosophy and a fellow of Trinity College at the University of Cambridge. He is also Academic Director of the Centre for the Study of Existential Risk.
https://aeon.co/essays/why-do-scientist ... old-fusion

He explains why in general scientists have ignored LENR and why there is an important message to be learnt from this. It doesn't explain why the trolls waste so much time writing rubbish. They are simply pathological.

The 1 MW plant has now been running 302 days.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Cambridge has never harboured or produced crackpots, right?

302 days, yup. And we will see more obfuscation when the supposed run is done. Just as we have in all the other supposed "tests".

Rossi is full of shit.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Well, we all know that a Philosophy is the best suited scientific degreeto actually discuss about LENR and physics in general.
After all also Rossi has a Philosophy Degree.... I start to see a pattern in crackpots evolution! :mrgreen:

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio and Ladajo don't have a reputation to lose, so they are in no danger of the Reputation Trap.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I LOVE IT when you make me smile Parallel!

Thanks! :D

parallel

Post by parallel »

Early days, but an interesting development.

James Watt December 26th, 2015 at 5:59 AM
Dr Andrea Rossi,
Can you finally tell us if the E-Cat X is able to produce electricity directly? That would be a Christmas gift!
Happy New Year,
J. Watt

Andrea Rossi December 26th, 2015 at 8:30 AM
James Watt:
Here is the big new: yes, the E-Cat X produces directly electric power.
We are working to harness and make it work.
The E-Cat X is very, very promising, as I always said. But still: the results of the tests on course could turn out to be NEGATIVE.
Let’s work on it more and more, as it is necessary before chanting victory.
Happy New Year to you,
A.R.

Also...

December 26th, 2015 at 4:33 PM
Dr Andrea Rossi:
How can the nickel in the E-Cat X work if the temperature on the surface is above the melting point?
Thank you if you can answer,

Andrea Rossi
December 26th, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Bedy Nurn:
The temperature upon the surface is hotter than where the nickel seats, due to the e.m. fields.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Agaricus wrote:
"It is still remotely possible not only that Rossi is a fantasist but that all the other material published on LENR is specious and all those involved are frauds or delusional. However, as the probability of this now seems to be at the sub-1% level it makes rather more sense to accept the data at face value."

birchoff

Post by birchoff »

why is it when we get new activity on this thread its almost always about or devolves to Rossi either being or not being a fraud. If I didnt know any better you would think he is the only one working in the field.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote: Andrea Rossi December 26th, 2015 at 8:30 AM
James Watt:
Here is the big new: yes, the E-Cat X produces directly electric power.
We are working to harness and make it work.
The E-Cat X is very, very promising, as I always said. But still: the results of the tests on course could turn out to be NEGATIVE.
Let’s work on it more and more, as it is necessary before chanting victory.
Happy New Year to you,
A.R.
LMAO! So the big news is that the E-Cat X might or might not produce directly Electrical power!
AND THAT:
"the results of the tests on course could turn out to be NEGATIVE."

Seems like Mr.Rossi is starting to prepare the ground for his exit out of this comedy! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Agaricus wrote:
"It is still remotely possible not only that Rossi is a fantasist but that all the other material published on LENR is specious and all those involved are frauds or delusional. However, as the probability of this now seems to be at the sub-1% level it makes rather more sense to accept the data at face value."
Please enlighten us on how this probability of "sub-1% level" has been calculated. Hopefully it will not come out of an equation designed by yet another "Doctor in Philosophy", but somehow I feel than once the calculation method will be disclosed it will bring lot of additional fun to the thread.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

birchoff wrote:why is it when we get new activity on this thread its almost always about or devolves to Rossi either being or not being a fraud. If I didnt know any better you would think he is the only one working in the field.
I think the reason why is Rossi make spectacular claims and has very weak/ poor documentation. Meanwhile there are others in the field at least appearing to preform due diligence and documentation. Working in an accepted scientific manor it is hard to poke fun at those people.
Everybody loves to laugh at the clowns in the circus.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.