LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

I was just reflecting on how Rossiclown has changed his story so many times. Anyone remember back in the early days how he was all about lead shielding? Then suddenly, when radiation became an issue, there was none... As I recall, initially the drama was that radiation was his friend, and was part of the proof. Then suddenly, he ran away from it, as folks wanted to see it. First it was shielding, then it was there ain't none.
Did I remember this wrong? Anyone?

Things that make you go hmm.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

ladajo wrote:
JoeP wrote:This case is going to be complicated. If Rossi can substantiate that IH obtained the 50-60 million investments on the basis of supposed replications of his so-called reactor technology, then I can see how he can easily use that angle to press that he is owed the money, since it is implicit in that IH was convinced of it being valid. Especially if he has recordings or written statements supporting any of this with witnesses. IH better have some good evidence to counter all that, and also solid proof that the "E-Cat" is a hoax. And then they better return any funds to investors if obtained on any promises about it being viable.

Whether it is scam isn't going to be as relevant as whether IH was complicit on acquiring investment funds based on supposed satisfaction with his technical demonstration.

Maybe they'll all get locked up for fraud.

Pretty dumb moves on IH's part though to even get involved. LOL.
As long as IH included the "speculation clause" they are covered. Forward looking statements are never sure things, and this is what the standard clause is for. However, if IH can prove that Rossi's demos were frauds, then he is toast. The whole upside down pyramid rests on his scam. This is what happened to him in Italy. The whole thing fell on his head, and he fled the country. When he thought the heat was low enough, he returned, only to be arrested at the airport (idiot), and then put in jail to serve his convictions. I wonder where he will flee to this time? Thailand? China? Should be interesting.

I also suspect there is a good chance he could be found mysteriously face down in Government Cut, Port of Miami.
We'll see. I am interested in reading the contract, which will no doubt be made available.

It sounds like the contract was structured to have various milestones with the three tiers of payments. Since it apparently stalled only at the very last (huge) payment, there is apparently quite a bit of evidence that IH was not only satisfied with the results, but directly used those to obtain massive investments from other organizations. That locks them into either: (1) yes, for three years and after two milestones we were satisfied in the device but balked at the final payment or (2) we were complicit in the scam. And they won't ever admit to option 2. As we know, Mr. Rossi is almost certainly a scammer, but he is not stupid. The guy had three years to collect evidence, and he is good at fooling a lot of people. He also reeled in a very rich fish with his scheme. I am doubtful he will be locked up. Probably has been his game plan all along. My bet is that he and IH will settle for some few millions and the rest of this is going to get sealed. He will walk away with some money and still a host of people online at that believe in his Ecat and think he was just forced into silence about it.

PNeilson10

Post by PNeilson10 »

http://brillouinenergy.com/wp-content/u ... 2-1-15.pdf

INDEPENDENT TECHNICAL VALIDATION REPORT COMPLETED ON
BRILLOUIN ENERGY’S LENR HHT™ REACTOR CORE SYSTEMS

In all cases, the results were consistent: the data demonstrate with very high confidence that
the Brillouin Energy HHT™ prototype repeatedly produced lab-scale excess heat from LENR.

So - just to be fair - Brillouin's HHT sort of appears to be a knock off of a Rossi tube. There are multiple "Rossi Tube" replication attempts claiming non-commercial levels of excess heat.

Several new papers out from mainstream physicists showing that fusion in the solid state plasma is real - with experimental results matching calculations. Standard nuclear reactions taking place in the plasma that exists in the solid lattice. Nothing woo -woo. Just a new medium for standard fusion reactions.

The calculations all show that getting commercial levels of heat from this approach will be difficult to impossible.

See - http://arxiv.org/abs/1603.01723 Nuclear fusion induced by X-rays in a crystal
http://arxiv.org/abs/1507.01650 Thermal Resonance Fusion

The lattice keeps the reactants close enough that resonance in the lattice providing some collision energy combined with tunneling raises the reaction rates. The standard Coulomb barrier applies but the tunneling allows for lower energy collisions to proceed to fusion.

Structuring the lattice to provide greater amplitudes of resonance energy might bring the reaction rates to commercial levels of heat.

Not sure why I am bothering to post this here - too many here are already sure they know the truth.

PNeilson10

Post by PNeilson10 »

Solid state plasmas http://arxiv.org/abs/1410.1526

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Thanks for sharing. I think most here are convinced Rossi is full of shit based on his actions and lack of defendable proof. These positions have nothing to do with the broader view of nuclear physics and LENR. At least I know for sure mine don't.
JoeP wrote:My bet is that he and IH will settle for some few millions and the rest of this is going to get sealed. He will walk away with some money and still a host of people online at that believe in his Ecat and think he was just forced into silence about it.
These could be a fair bet based on the potential humiliation factor IH feels over letting themselves get reeled in early on. Or, another perspective is that they will hunt Rossi down without mercy and seek to crush him, and get all their money back and then some after demostrated Rossi acted in bad faith the entire time with what he knew was a fraud. If IH knew it was a fraud, and perpetuated the scam to a bigger broader audience, then that would be bad for them in court. I just don't see them taking that kind of risk. It therefore leaves two possibilities: One where they thought Rossi was legit and then found out late that he was full of shit, The other where they thought he was possibly legit, and had enough merit to let the process run out to see if he was legit, and then found out it was not at the end.
IH would not go on record saying that they gave it a chance and it was a bust without a basis. If it is real, then all Rossi has to do is convince the court that Ecat does work and IH knows it, and thus they are the liars. The only thing IH needs to explain is why they bought into the 24 hour test up front (if they really did as Ross said). The contract (link posted above in previous post) is pretty clear about IP control (Section 13), and Rossi did not have it if the contract executed as written.

Remember that all the Rossisaids about them doing demos and sucking in investors is, up to this point, exactly that, "Rossisaids". Based on his past behaviour, I am not putting much faith in his version of events. It will all probably come out via the court system. I do think Rossiclown believes he can settle out of court, as these are the Italian rules. It typically takes so long to get to trial in Italy, that most things either settle or get so convoluted by the time it gets to court, the outcome is ambiguous. The italian system makes ours look outrageously efficient and competent in comparison. This is the world it is my impression that Rossiclown thinks he is living in. I do think he is in for a life-changing surprise.

Meh, we will see. Overall, doesn't look good for Rossiclown. His Miami condo empire may collapse.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

More fun:
Andrea Rossi
April 8, 2016 at 9:54 AM
Teemu:
I knew the Customer in the office of my Attorney Henry Johnson. They were enthusiast to test our 1 MW plant, to see if it really worked, because they were ( and are ) interested to buy more plants for their facilities in Europe. They wanted not to be exposed, though, therefore incorporated JM Products and made a plant for their production to make the test and appointed President their Attorney, who was also, as I said, my Attorney. IH knew all this and agreed, obviously, on this, making a rental agreement with JM Products to make the test in their factory. When IH met with the President of JM in Raleigh, I was present and I explained that he was also my Attorney. No problem has been raised by IH.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
So many red flags for IH over time, when did they trigger I wonder?

PNeilson10

Post by PNeilson10 »

Nuclear catalysis mediated by localized anharmonic vibrations http://arxiv.org/abs/1510.06081

It has been confirmed that these oscillations in spatial spread of the well will periodically
delocalize the nucleus and facilitate the tunneling of adjacent nuclei into the Strong Force attractive nuclear potential well,
giving rise to nuclear fusion at rates that are several tens of orders of magnitude larger than what one calculates via the usual
Gamow Factor integral relationship.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

JoeP wrote:It sounds like the contract was structured to have various milestones with the three tiers of payments. Since it apparently stalled only at the very last (huge) payment, there is apparently quite a bit of evidence that IH was not only satisfied with the results, but directly used those to obtain massive investments from other organizations. That locks them into either: (1) yes, for three years and after two milestones we were satisfied in the device but balked at the final payment or (2) we were complicit in the scam. And they won't ever admit to option 2. As we know, Mr. Rossi is almost certainly a scammer, but he is not stupid. The guy had three years to collect evidence, and he is good at fooling a lot of people. He also reeled in a very rich fish with his scheme. I am doubtful he will be locked up. Probably has been his game plan all along. My bet is that he and IH will settle for some few millions and the rest of this is going to get sealed. He will walk away with some money and still a host of people online at that believe in his Ecat and think he was just forced into silence about it.
I think we really need to see the contract they made. He might as well be that Mr. Rossi was lucky enough to find some people with lot of money and little business knowledge also because "catalyst technology transfer" contracts are done in pretty standard way in the industry.

Step one
Seller provide sealed reactor module with operational parameters to be used by buyer in his (or other) facility.

Step two
The Buyer provides his own reactor and test plant and the Seller provides the catalytic material
Loading of reactor is done by Seller. Part of material is placed into sealed containers with signatures of Buyer and Seller to be uses later as reference.
Buyer run reactor and evaluate if test results are same as "Step one".

Step One and Step two can be repeated several times withing the contract until both parties are ready for the last step:
Step three
Seller will pass to Buyer the know how to manufacture of the new catalyst and supervise first productions in buyer facilities.
The newly manufactured catalyst is used in same test plant and results are compared.
If results are successful than the final payment is made and transfer contract finalized
If any discrepancy in the results than the sealed containers with material of "Step two" will be used to verify if material obtained in buyer production facility is same as one used by seller in Step one. In other words if Seller faithfully transferred production know how or not to Buyer.

The system above is well balanced to protect IP rights of Seller and guarantee Buyer to actually get what he pays for. Any "decent" legal firm should have plenty of draft for such a technological transfers agreements. Can't wait for all these docs to get available. They will disclose a lot of truths of what happened in the last couple of years.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Last edited by ladajo on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Mats Lewan lays out the story clearly in his blog Impossible Invention that also has links to the legal documents. https://animpossibleinvention.com/blog/ I recommend you read before writing about something you know little about. The independent expert evaluator puts the COP ~50 so until you have actually seen that report there is little to add.

From the three statements from Rossi he attaches, these three points will need some explaining by IH.

1. IH built the reactors used at Lugano and then delayed the start of the 1 MW plant trial by a year. They also filed patents without Rossi's permission including a co-inventor whom Rossi said invented nothing.

2. Rossi gave IH the full IP and IH used it to make E-Cats that they demonstrated to Woodford that resulted in Woodford investing about $50 million.

3. Brillouin has always made only electrolytic apparatuses before their agreement with IH in April 2015. Then Brillouin made a public demo at Capitol Hill ( Washington, DC) with a device that is the Copy-Cat. Strange coincidence.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ladajo wrote:More fun:
Andrea Rossi
April 8, 2016 at 9:54 AM
Teemu:
I knew the Customer in the office of my Attorney Henry Johnson. ......
So many red flags for IH over time, when did they trigger I wonder?
Wait a second.
Henry Johnson is also the president of Rossi's "Lenardo Corporation".
I made a quick search, and surprise surprise, Henry Johnson is also the President, Treasurer, Secretary and Director of J.M. Products!
So, the secret customer is just Rossi business partner and friends.
This is so stupid that is almost unbelievable......

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

It also may be that they are buying condos together. This guy looks like a money redirect service.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

parallel wrote:Mats Lewan lays out the story clearly in his blog Impossible Invention that also has links to the legal documents. https://animpossibleinvention.com/blog/ I recommend you read before writing about something you know little about. The independent expert evaluator puts the COP ~50 so until you have actually seen that report there is little to add.

From the three statements from Rossi he attaches, these three points will need some explaining by IH.

1. IH built the reactors used at Lugano and then delayed the start of the 1 MW plant trial by a year. They also filed patents without Rossi's permission including a co-inventor whom Rossi said invented nothing.

2. Rossi gave IH the full IP and IH used it to make E-Cats that they demonstrated to Woodford that resulted in Woodford investing about $50 million.

3. Brillouin has always made only electrolytic apparatuses before their agreement with IH in April 2015. Then Brillouin made a public demo at Capitol Hill ( Washington, DC) with a device that is the Copy-Cat. Strange coincidence.
The article is speculative and biased towards Rossi. It adds no information and just repeats what we already know Rossi has said. So what? As for your bullet points:

1. Speculation

2. This is a two-parter. The first part that Rossi gave over IP is likely, though not confirmed. As for Woodford's investing, that is speculative.

3. Brillouin is probably trying to scam some money too. Their 3rd-party investigator is an investor, so hardly unbiased or independent. Furthermore the measurements are within the error constraints of the measuring devices, which makes it laughable.

parallel

Post by parallel »

ScottL,
None of the above are "speculative." Do some homework as I'm not going to enlighten you.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:ScottL,
None of the above are "speculative." Do some homework as I'm not going to enlighten you.
The point is not that "you are not going to enlighten us", the point is that you can't.