LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

You are making things up Parallel.
I asked you before.to show me where I said the court filing was anything but an unproven claim.
You have been trotting around like an idiot saying that the ERV must be true because Rossi said so in the filing.

I do not expect you to own up to it. That is not your style.

You have three outstanding claims to prove.
We are waiting, until you either own you are wrong, or prove what you said right, you have zero credibility, and for lack of a better way to say it, acting like your favorite epitaph for anyone who disagrees with your bleating.

Your input here is useless, other than making you look like an ass.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

So some images have surfaced for the address where Rossi says the 1 MW plant test allegedly happened. Does this look like a flourishing business that requires 1 MW in continuous power to anyone? It sure does not look like it to me:
http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/04/29/ph ... t-address/

This is fun ;)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

And more fun will be when/if they will try to defend themselves in court from fraud. I wonder who will go to the stand when they will call for JM to testify, Rossi or Rossi's lawyer? :mrgreen:
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

ladajo wrote:For those who are wondering where the Miami Mystery Factory is...

Rossiworld

Is he still in it?

Google Coords: 25.816014, -80.324947

Summary Document on Property

http://warehousespaces.com/warehouse-fo ... Doral/2082

The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Lots of heat to dissipate in that small building.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Running at 1MW/hr output is equivalent to burning about 2/3 of a barrel of oil per hour, or 123kg/hr of coal.
Even if used to support a process, that is a ridiculous amount of waste heat. That building is light industrial, and would not support it.

I do not thimk that any of the Rossibots understand the levels of energy being bandied about by Rossiclown with no real meaning or depth of understanding. It really is the most obvoius damning evidence, even more powerful than faked tests IMHO.

I have already demonstrated the energy density verses known material science gap, and would be happy to post waste heat issues as well. Consider for a moment, for example, that if said process was 80% efficient, that would still mean wasting roughly 25kg/hr of coal worth of heat, or 200kw/hr. Not something you open a window for.

Rossi is full of shit.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Its is enough to heat what? 200 homes?

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Skipjack wrote:Its is enough to heat what? 200 homes?
Maybe in Miami. Already sweltering heat down there. But enough heat for at least dozens of houses even in the north.

I am surprised the neighboring businesses didn't bitch about it since the paint should have been peeling from the walls and there electric costs must also have been pegged due to all the extra air conditioning to counter it. Easiest answer is there was nothing to complain about :)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Replies

Peter GluckMay 1, 2016 at 12:54 AM
Thanks but this time, I daretosay, the situation is clearly confused any explanation only leads to less credibility. If the Rossi technology does not work orf is a fraud, LENR is lost for long time. Half generation at least.
Peter
Looks like even Rossibot fanboy Peter Gluck is backing up now.
Saw this on his "egooutpeters.blogspot.com "

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Always nice to see someone opening his eyes and realizing how blind he was. Unfortunately most of them will blame some other "issues" for Rossi failure.
They will hardly accept the fact that it was a staged scam and they will happily jump to support the next scammer like stray puppies looking for a new master, not realizing that by doing so they hurt the serious research and prevent any refrain any serious investor/researcher from actually financing or getting involved into this field.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Skipjack wrote:Its is enough to heat what? 200 homes?
Numbers wise, an average large home in the North East is about 2,500 sqft, and can be heated with a 100,000 BTU Forced Hot Water Boiler with about 200 ft of baseboard.

Therefore: 200 kWh (based on an astounding 24/7 80% utilization rate for the 1 MWh unit) would provide 682,428 BTU. (1kWh = 3,412.14 BTU).
Thus: You could heat about 7 large northeastern U.S. homes.
Or: You could heat about 14 1,250 sqft northeastern U.S. homes.

Now consider that the heat source is inside a TEU, and NOT a 2,500 sqft home in below freezing winter conditions. That 160 sqft box (20 ft x 8 ft) is going to get HOT.
Now let's say that the 200kWh of heat can be wasted outside the TEU to the space; you are sourcing 7 x the heat needed to keep 2,500 sqft at room temp in below freezing exterior conditions. Rossiclown's total facility space is about 4,500 sqft according to the rental adds. This includes workfloor, offices, conference room, kitchen, etc. So it is probably fair to say that there is probably 2,500 sqft of workfloor, and the other 2,000 sqft is made up of offices, et. al. Although, even if you went with 3,000 sqft of workfloor, and 1,500 sqft other, it doesn't make much of a difference.
Lastly, let's consider that Miami is routinely in the 90 F range in the summer, and the unit was run 24/7... that is a whole lot of heat in the building, both generated internally and induced from outside.
The better question is what happened to generated heat when the "customer" process was not running? There is NO manufacturing process that runs 24/7 for 350 days straight, especially in a light industrial construct. Shifts, planned maintenance downtime, unplanned downtimes, etc.

If the "customer" process was not running, where did the 1MWh go? Where did the 3,412,141 BTU go? Where did the energy to heat 34 large Northeastern homes to room temp in below freezing conditions go? Where did it go in 95 F Miami in the summer?
1 Refrigeration Ton = 12,000 BTU/h. Where was Rossiclown's 284 Ton cooling unit to handle continuous run with no "customer" process load? You know, like a dummy load for testing?

He would need, for example, two Trane 130 Ton units (and be a little shy by about 25 Tons), which come in at around 35 ft long and 12 ft wide x 6.5 ft high, each weighing about 8 tons. Note this does not include supporting building blower and ducting needs. (For this type of loading you are probably looking at needing to move 45,000 CFM air per unit). The power needs for these units would be a 3 phase 460V 350 amp (estimated) service for the compressors, motors, supply fans, exhaust fans, and auxiliaries. It arguably would need to be around 450 amps when accounting for service factor. This works out to over 200kW just to support cooling when not running "customer" process load.

I am not buying it.
Rossi is full of shit.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote: Numbers wise, an average large home in the North East is about 2,500 sqft, and can be heated with a 100,000 BTU Forced Hot Water Boiler with about 200 ft of baseboard.
Yeah, I was off with my number of homes. I don't know what I was thinking there. The 5KW is more fitting for an Austrian apartment with one or two rooms or so.
ladajo wrote: Now consider that the heat source is inside a TEU, and NOT a 2,500 sqft home in below freezing winter conditions. That 160 sqft box (20 ft x 8 ft) is going to get HOT.
Now let's say that the 200kWh of heat can be wasted outside the TEU to the space; you are sourcing 7 x the heat needed to keep 2,500 sqft at room temp in below freezing exterior conditions. Rossiclown's total facility space is about 4,500 sqft according to the rental adds. This includes workfloor, offices, conference room, kitchen, etc. So it is probably fair to say that there is probably 2,500 sqft of workfloor, and the other 2,000 sqft is made up of offices, et. al. Although, even if you went with 3,000 sqft of workfloor, and 1,500 sqft other, it doesn't make much of a difference.
Lastly, let's consider that Miami is routinely in the 90 F range in the summer, and the unit was run 24/7... that is a whole lot of heat in the building, both generated internally and induced from outside.
The better question is what happened to generated heat when the "customer" process was not running? There is NO manufacturing process that runs 24/7 for 350 days straight, especially in a light industrial construct. Shifts, planned maintenance downtime, unplanned downtimes, etc.

If the "customer" process was not running, where did the 1MWh go? Where did the 3,412,141 BTU go? Where did the energy to heat 34 large Northeastern homes to room temp in below freezing conditions go? Where did it go in 95 F Miami in the summer?
1 Refrigeration Ton = 12,000 BTU/h. Where was Rossiclown's 284 Ton cooling unit to handle continuous run with no "customer" process load? You know, like a dummy load for testing?

He would need, for example, two Trane 130 Ton units (and be a little shy by about 25 Tons), which come in at around 35 ft long and 12 ft wide x 6.5 ft high, each weighing about 8 tons. Note this does not include supporting building blower and ducting needs. (For this type of loading you are probably looking at needing to move 45,000 CFM air per unit). The power needs for these units would be a 3 phase 460V 350 amp (estimated) service for the compressors, motors, supply fans, exhaust fans, and auxiliaries. It arguably would need to be around 450 amps when accounting for service factor. This works out to over 200kW just to support cooling when not running "customer" process load.

I am not buying it.
Rossi is full of shit.
The rest of the numbers still work out though to be too much for this small business office, even with the equivalent of 34 homes, as you show so clearly above. Like you, I am not buying it. All that heat has to go somewhere and it I cant see that happening in such a small space.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

No worries Skipjack, I had to run the basic HVAC numbers myself to see what it equated to. I knew it was significant, however I was not sure on scaling until I crunched it.

No matter how you cut it, the energy levels he is claiming are not reflected in any photos or documentation that has been provided or aquired.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

It is interesting that Rossiclown has never been asked nor indicated what he does for a dummy load. He really would struggle to answer I think, most likely because he does not understand the real loads he is claiming.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

I decided to add up the HVAC units we used in the datacenter I used to work at. We used 262 tons of cooling (eight 30-ton units and one (older) 22-ton unit; about 27 sq ft of space per unit) for three rooms totaling ~8500 sq ft of computer room (70F year round in central Texas). Considering the hot air coming off the condensers for those things, that level of heat would be ridiculous in half the floor space, let alone a 160 sq ft shipping container.