LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JoeP

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by JoeP »

This last demo reminds me of the recent BLP demos with invitation-only for investors. Mystery flashing lights and secrets.
Has anyone done an analysis on the guest list?

painlord2k

Post by painlord2k »

People see what people want to see:
someone will see proof, someone will see flashing lights.

IIRC, from 2011 we have many PhD with tenure and a life time of experience looking at Rossi work and stating their support;
Prof Levi from University of Bologna
Prof Sven Kullander from University of Uppsala
Prof Christos Stremmenos
Prof Piantelli
and others

Then Industrial Heat tried to broke the contract with Rossi but wanted to keep the rights over his technology.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

All I know is I can do math and Rossi claims do not add up to anything.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

painlord2k wrote:People see what people want to see:
someone will see proof, someone will see flashing lights.

IIRC, from 2011 we have many PhD with tenure and a life time of experience looking at Rossi work and stating their support;
Prof Levi from University of Bologna
Prof Sven Kullander from University of Uppsala
Prof Christos Stremmenos
Prof Piantelli
and others

Then Industrial Heat tried to broke the contract with Rossi but wanted to keep the rights over his technology.
Uri Geller and Peter Popoff had a lot of smart people fooled. They get fooled all the time.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

especially the dead guy on the list.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Wait, when did Prof. Piantelli voice support for Rossi? Rossi basically ripped off Piantelli's device, but made bolder claims, and was hailed as an "inventor". At least Keshe's "inventions", however ludicrous they may be, are original. Anyway, as far as I've seen, Piantelli has had nothing to do with Rossi, a stance some other cold fusion researchers would have done well to emulate.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Couple of minor notes for Rossiworld...

Parallel has burned his bridges over at LENR Forum, and may well come back for a visit here. The short of the long of it, is he went out asking folks to place a bet with him that Rossiclown produces the goods within the year, at 10 to 1 odds (his favor). He then claimed no takers, after several said that they would. Typical Parallel, ignoring inconvenient statements which contradict his reality. I look forward to the small possibility he comes back around here. While tempting for me to join the fray at LENR Forum, this remains the sole non-professional forum in which I contribute.

IVA in Stockholm has posted a statement saying if they knew Rossiclown was involved in the "Stockholm <Comedy Show> Presentation", they would not have allowed it. And to be clear, they also stated that they DO NOT support Rossiclown's 'findings' nor do they condone his misconstrued legitimacy attempt by associating himself with them.

https://www.iva.se/en/published/meddela ... mber-2017/

There was also a follow-up email on this topic:
An email from Dr. Johan Weigelt (Johan.Weigelt@iva.se) 29 MAR 18:

"This time, the venue was booked by Mats Lewan for a “technical presentation by a US company with international guests”. Our Conference Centre staff did not have knowledge in advance of the conference that Mr Rossi was among the speakers, and the background check on Mr Lewan himself did not reveal anything suspicious. Directly after the event we were made aware of what had happened and took actions to mitigate any potential damages. We contacted media to make it clear that the claims made by Rossi are in no way endorsed by the Academy. Mats Lewan is red-flagged for future reservations in our Conference Centre, and would not have had access of [to] our conference centre had we known the content of the event. It is clear that we need to review our procedures to avoid similar incidents in the future.
https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/thread ... #post83286
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And once again, the Rossiclown demonstrates a complete lack of understanding about basic physics. Someone should clue him in as he digs this hole demonstrating his lack of understanding between energy and temp...
Anonymous
April 21, 2018 at 9:28 AM
Dear Andrea:
When the temperarture is measured in eV the conversion is in Celsius degrees or in Kelvin?

Andrea Rossi
April 21, 2018 at 3:23 PM
Anonymous:
1 eV can be converted, obviously, either in Celsius degrees or in Kelvin. 1 eV= 12 500 Celsius degrees and 1 eV= 12 227 K, albeit when you measure a T in eV the difference between the two scales is not as relevant as it normally is.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
And let him double down, even when someone subtly tries to throw the idiot a bone...
Steven N. Karels
April 21, 2018 at 11:32 PM
Dear Andrea,

12,500 Celsius = 12,773.15 Kelvin

Steven N. Karels
April 21, 2018 at 11:37 PM
Dear Andrea Rossi,

Also: 1 electron-volt = 11,604.52500617 Kelvin
Andrea Rossi
April 22, 2018 at 9:48 AM

Steven N.Karels:
1 eV= 12 500 C
K = C – 273
Warm Regards
A.R.
I guess the Boltzmann Constant has no meaning for him. I wonder if anyone is going to correct him, and point out that there is no direct conversion to temp for eV? It would need to be in energy units, like Celsius Heat Units or such. What a clown.
It is beyond me how folks still give him any credit.

Once again, Rossi is full of shit.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well it seems Rossiclown is reading the blogs, and has now tried to cover up his idiocy with a little help from sock puppets.
Of note, is that a poster from LENR Forum posted to Rossiclown's blog, with the correct interpretations and method for calculating temp / energy, and the post was deleted. Shortly thereafter, Rossiclown made some new entries to the Blog...
Daniel
April 22, 2018 at 10:59 PM
Dear Andrea,
Watching the video of the full demo you made in Stockholm on November 24th with the Ecat QX, I saw that when you calculate the temperature of the plasma by the Wien equation and eventually you calculate the energy by the Boltzmann equation you consider the plasma to be a black body and consequently you apply the value 1 to the epsilon (emissivity).
Is that correct?

Andrea Rossi
April 23, 2018 at 10:44 AM
Daniel:
Theoretically the plasma is a perfect black body, but since a perfect black body is not supposed to exist, we calculate epsilon= 0.9
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Steven N. Karels
April 21, 2018 at 11:37 PM
Dear Andrea Rossi,

Also: 1 electron-volt = 11,604.52500617 Kelvin

Andrea Rossi
April 23, 2018 at 10:06 AM
Steven N. Karels:
1- In my comment I made a typo with a consequent error, obviously K= C + 273, not the other way. Corrected.
2- 1 eV= 12 500 C degrees, then 1 eV = 12 500 + 273 = 12 773 K
Warm Regards,
A.R.
In other news, I wonder when Rossiclown will start proclaiming the medical healing aspects of the Quack-X...

Amazing Device can Heal All!

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

ladajo wrote:I guess the Boltzmann Constant has no meaning for him. I wonder if anyone is going to correct him, and point out that there is no direct conversion to temp for eV? It would need to be in energy units, like Celsius Heat Units or such.
Sorry, ladajo, but under some circumstances temperature does convert to energy.

Specifically, for an electron cloud with Maxwell-Boltzmann velocity distribution, electron temperature is defined as E = Kb T. Since Rossi is talking about a plasma, his use of eV is (as much as anything is with Rossi) correct.

Of course, 1 eV equals 11,605 K, not 12,500. but that sort of detail has never stopped Rossi in the past. Nor has it stopped people from believing him.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he strafed the lifeboats.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I agree under specific circumstance as you stated this is true. That, however was not the way it seemed he was speaking. He was generalizing as best I could tell. And badly.