LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

parallel

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by parallel »

Giorgio
I could just take a box of matches, light one and claim a COP of 1000
Patent reads:
"Typically, the wafer 32 will sustain approxi­mately 180 days of continuous operation before replacement becomes desirable."

Do you have a magic match that burns continuously for 180 days?
You should write a patent, as only a claimed expert like you could, and retire.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Better than average article.
The Peak Oil Crisis: Cold Fusion Gets a U.S. Patent
http://fcnp.com/2015/08/27/the-peak-oil ... -s-patent/

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

In continuous and prolonged work is not possible to pour water around the clock. So I had to abandon that used in previous experiments calorimetry, based on the measurement of the mass of evaporated water. Determination of thermal efficiency in this experiment was performed by comparing the power consumed by an electric heater in the presence and absence of the fuel mixture. :lol:
where have I hear this before?
https://yadi.sk/i/TA6LtSlYfMmRD
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Do you have a magic match that burns continuously for 180 days?
You conveniently skipped the main point of my example which was that to calculate a COP you need to divide the total output energy for the sum of the input energy AND chemical energy. Hence, without knowing the total amount of chemical energy stored into this patented device is impossible to calculate its COP.

Coming back to your question, to have something that burns for 180 days all you need is a system with enough "energy storage" and a slow "energy release" interface, because the time of combustion is limited only by the "speed of combustion"
Examples of this are Batteries, Candles, Gas Lamps and so on.

Anyhow, until now Rossi showed no real product, no specifications and no data, so your 180 days of "burning" exist only on paper.

parallel wrote:You should write a patent, as only a claimed expert like you could, and retire.
The problem is not to write a patent, the problem is to find someone blind enough to buy a stupid patent like the above.
But if you are ready to pay than I am ready to write :roll:
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Industrial Heat have applied for a world patent. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8mt4m ... hPTWs/view
It looks like Rossi may have collaborated with the Elforsk/Lugano experiment in order to be able to quote an independent test. There are many other patents in the pipeline, some will doubtless cover the reaction in detail.

Of course Giorgio, who believes he can write better patents than the expert patent attorneys, will now waste space with comments about what is wrong with it. His magic match must now be able to produce 1.5 MW when spread out over time. LOL.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Of course Giorgio, who believes he can write better patents than the expert patent attorneys, will now waste space with comments about what is wrong with it.
I will save that for when the results of the mysterious test in the premises of the mysterious customer will be published, if ever!

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio,
I will save that for when the results of the mysterious test in the premises of the mysterious customer will be published, if ever!
That will be Feb/Mar 2016

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

The problem with the above "test" is that it is completely controlled by Rossi. Just like every other test, he has his hands on it. In this one, he is practically living in the shipping container containing his system. If he wants faked data, or honest data, he can assuredly arrange that.

So whatever is published will be completely worthless as any type of proof to objective parties. It cannot settle anything.

The only thing that matters in regard to this "test," is if the so-called customer (always a secret one) thinks that they saved energy using this system and if they, or some other party, are willing to buy more from Rossi & his partners based on whatever criteria they feel comfortable with. Whether it is an elaborate scam or not it is up to them to determine that.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Thanks to Nils Österström on Facebook for finding this story:

There’s a publicly traded British investment fund called Woodford Patient Capital Trust (UK Stock symbol WPTC) which, according to an article on the Citywire website, has invested a portion of its capital in Industrial Heat, LLC. The company explains its objective with the the fund:

“To achieve long-term capital growth through investing in a portfolio consisting predominantly of UK companies, both quoted and unquoted. The Company will aim to deliver a return in excess of 10% per annum over the longer term. (Note: this is a target only and not a profit forecast and there can be no assurance that it will be met.)”

The Citywire article mentions that WPTC invests mainly in early startups, and according to this article, it has taken a position in Industrial Heat:
WPCT’s unquoted investments look pretty interesting. Most are biotech companies but one that caught my eye was Industrial Heat, a company that is trying to make money from low energy nuclear reactions (aka cold fusion). If it can pull this off it should be worth a fortune, but I’m guessing there will be plenty of sceptics out there.
Industrial Heat is one of WPCT’s unquoted US investments. The US venture capital market has been really strong for a while now but UK investors haven’t really been able to access a listed vehicle to play this theme.

Since most individual investors are not able to buy shares in Industrial Heat, if you bought shares in WPTC, you would own a little bit of Industrial heat — along with shares in all other companies that WPTC invests in. I have not been able to determine how much of Industrial heat is owned, but it’s not a large percentage of the fund .

parallel

Post by parallel »

The Huffington Post has quite long article about alternative energy and Rossi in particular.
LENR is slowly being noticed by the media.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-h-b ... 52326.html

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

hy i want a water calorimetry test. You could heat up the right ceramic and it would look and measure hot for a long time.
as per the video listen to what he says about one min in.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp9Yax8UNoM

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

That's exactly one of the reasons why a calorimetry test with a thermal camera can't give any meaningful results if you want to measure precisely the heat flow in a body.
Unfortunately your request will fall on deaf ears in the best case and end up with "Snake! Snake!" cries in the worst one.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Above are two examples showing our resident trolls are so technically deficient that they write idiotic things.
There is a difference between a thermally insulating material like a heat shield tile and alumina that is thermally very conductive at those temperatures.

Rather than consider that the heat flow measured over months is accurate, they probably think the 1300C alumina tube should be in direct contact with water. As this would stop the reaction they could then dance a little jig screaming I told you so! LOL

Bye until there is more news to report.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

But I just got the impression that parallel just implied we cannot do a water-based calorimetry test on a device that its designed purpose is to heat water????????? SNAKES!!!

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

paperburn1 wrote:But I just got the impression that parallel just implied we cannot do a water-based calorimetry test on a device that its designed purpose is to heat water????????? SNAKES!!!
Rossi and parallel don't get bothered by such puny details. :mrgreen: