LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DancingFool

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by DancingFool »

And, parallel and crawdaddy, since Rossi has specifically stated that nickel is not a fuel in his reactor, and so cannot take part in any fusion (with hydrogen or anything else), why should the failure of the presentation to support Li + H fusion bother you?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he strafed the lifeboats.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Me-thinks there will be nothing but Crickets from Parallel (as usual when slapped in the face by reality) until his next ill-considered drive-by posting.

I see both arguments from DancingFool and Crawdaddy are correct in the sense that they both paint Rossiclown as full of shit (again).

I took crawdaddy's point to be about heavy isotope fusion events, if so fair enough. Fusion is not always (however mostly) about low weight bondings. Meh. Lets not loss sight of the broader point that either way the cited "publication" (I use the word loosely) screws Rossiclown from either direction.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

Crawdaddy wrote:Dancin fool's analysis assumes that only one proton will add to the Nickel at a time.

Iwamura's extensive work at Mitsubishi (leading reference http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/IwamuraYobservatiob.pdf) shows that this is not the case for deuterium.

The complexity of the solid state makes simple assumption difficult
OK, Crawdaddy - you're on.

On the one hand, the linked presentation, http://www.e-catworld.com/wp-content/up ... ovetal.pdf does not even hint that deuterium was involved in the experiments, but let's go with it anyways.

As before, we can start with 58Ni. Produces 60Cu, which decays with a halflife of 23.7 minutes to 60Ni. Oops

How about a resonance which allows a second deuteron to join the lovepile?

You get 62Zn, which decays to 62 Cu in 9.19 hour, and thence to 62 Ni in 9.7 minutes. Double oops.

Look, Crawdaddy - you should really know better. You're not a nuclear physicist, but this stuff is on Wikipedia. The problem with any sort of nickel fusion is that copper and zinc, the obvious daughter species, just don't have any stable isotopes near the most abundant nickel isotope. And waving your hands about "the complexity of the solid state" is (possibly) valid when discussing hydrogen fusion in the presence of metals, but it is entirely bogus when discussing fusing hydrogen with nickel. The problem is that, once you agree to finesse the Coulomb barrier issue, the next set of issues (which don't occur with PF cold fusion), raise their ugly head. And despite your assertion, yes, it is simple. Regardless of how you get the two nuclei together, nickel and hydrogen make copper. Nickel and 2 hydrogens make zinc. Stop shutting down your brain.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

So the trial started, however they lost too many jurors due to 'hardship' regarding the estimated 4-5 week trial length.
They are having another go today at seating a new jury.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

And what do you want to bet that the jury selection will exclude (by plaintiff) anyone with a technical background?

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

Crawdaddy wrote:Dancin fool's analysis assumes that only one proton will add to the Nickel at a time.

Iwamura's extensive work at Mitsubishi (leading reference http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/IwamuraYobservatiob.pdf) shows that this is not the case for deuterium.
And, in the spirit of the paper you link, I will assume that my previous analysis was marked by a paucity of imagination. I mean, really, restricting myself to adding 2 deuterons. How dare I?

So, doing the work you should have done to check your own suspicions, we'll go with the paper's 6 deuterons. That's a transmutation from 58Ni to 70Se.

Nope. That decays with a halflife of 41 minutes. Beta+ decay gives two 511 keV gammas from positron annihilation.

OK, since nickel is lighter than barium, how about 5 deuterons?

That's 68As. 152 seconds. Beta+ and the now-familiar gammas.

Maybe 4?

66Ge. 2.26 hours, beta+ and gammas.

Oh yes, and consider the elemental analysis of the AP2 reactor in the Parkhomov et al presentation (you did read it, right?): zinc and copper abundances in ash were lower than in fresh fuel, and in neither case were Ga,Ge,As or Se found in detectable quantities.

Y'know, crawdaddy, you'd make your life easier if you'd do some work.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

DancingFool wrote:And what do you want to bet that the jury selection will exclude (by plaintiff) anyone with a technical background?
Seated 13, and they are off and running. All opening statements made. Back in court on Wednesday.

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

ladajo -

I have to ask - where are you finding this stuff? Don't tell be you're sitting in.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

DancingFool wrote:ladajo -

I have to ask - where are you finding this stuff? Don't tell be you're sitting in.
I have a proxy... :)

http://coldfusioncommunity.net

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well that was interesting. They went to court this morning and settled. Details unknown at this point.
I suspect Rossiclown realized he was completely screwed financially, and opted to pay IH back in total. One would think that he may be less some condos at this point. We shall see. I am sure someone will watch the real-estate transactions and report on it.

I am somewhat disappointed that IH let him off the hook. However, as of yet, we do not know what the settlement was. Maybe Rossiclown made it really sweet. I see no incentive for IH to accept something less.

I wonder what happens with the QuackX now, and if that was part of the agreement! Ie. Rossiclown withdraws from LENR scams...

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And I just checked E-Catworld, it appears that the True Believers are convinced that IH paid Rossiclown off. :lol:
Sifferkoll® Engineer48 • 27 minutes ago
I guess Rossi got all his IP and license back. That one is easy. Maybe he got some money too, but certainly not all the $89M. To Rossi though the IP/LA is worth much more than that. They might even have agreed to cooperate to some degree; ie. IH keeping some geographical areas. That could be the best solution LENR wise, maybe.
What idiots...

I am sure there is going to be some fun mudslinging going on after this one. Here, let me start...

Rossiclown is full of shit.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Thanks for reporting. I guess I am surprised at this point that I was correct about a settlement. I suppose I was hoping for some juicy things in the trial. The bad thing about this is that Rossi will be free to continue in the way that he has all alone. Much like BLP.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Maybe, Maybe not. We need to see what details from the settlement come out, or become apparent. Ie. what comments surface on the Rossiclown Extravaganza Sock Puppet Show.

The Rossiclown may well have agreed to eject out of LENR scams in order to avoid a fraud suit. We may also never know (although highly unlikely given the nature of the Rossiclown...)

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

ladajo -

But the next question, of course, will be how much of Rossi's reports we can believe. And I hate to think how certain individuals on this site will interpret the outcome.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

It appears to me that Rossiclown offered to completely withdraw his suit if IH was willing to drop the Counter-suit. It MAY be that he also offered some financial incentive to IH. I really doubt that this was initiated by IH, especially based on the Courtroom description provided by Abd Lomax. The Devout Believers are going to follow their God where ever he leads them, they done drank the Kool-aid long ago. It has become an emotional core existence issue for them, and from this plummet in ability to have rational thought, world history declares it is hard to pull out. They just don't get that for me it is not emotional; Rossiclown has proved himself a fraud and liar, multiple times over. The evidence is on the table. If he had something, I would equally be positive about him. Originally, I gave him BOD, and took a closer look. That look kept producing more and more negatives based in his lies and obvious deceptions.

I also think that Rossiclown will cut his own throat via his self-serving ego at being 'smarter than everyone'. He is already back at it on the Extravaganza. Wasted no time at all.

On another note, I have to wonder if there are criminal proceedings in the works that as of yet we (and he) knows not. Based on what tabled in the motions from discovery information, it would appear there is basis for the state and or feds to go after him. He may not yet be out of the woods...

And, I have seen NOTHING to change my opinion:

Rossi is full of shit.

And a year from now, there will still be no <insert name>-Cat on the market, nor in five years, ten or ever. What will the devout be saying then? Same shit I suspect...