LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Ivy Matt

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by Ivy Matt »

Axil wrote:To avoid compromising his patents, Rossi cannot reveal anything about the content of his technology until the patents are reviewed.
What does it mean to "compromise" a patent? Could you point to some legislation or USPTO rule that backs up what you're saying here?
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Parallel,
Nice to see you won't give up the name calling. It indicates you know you have no real substance to your arguments. I appreciate you helping me make my case by ignoring or not answering real questions by using name calling, Rossisaids, or just plain ignorance in what you are talking about.

Once again, you base your entire position on Rossisaids. Well done!

When you have something real to contribute, feel free. Until then, you are also free to continue to indicate you are an ass with complete lack of substance in your position.

Please answer the questions that you have been asked with real answers. If your answer is a Rossisaid, it is meaningless. Your attempts to claim others as sources has been repeatedly shown to be them propagating (sometimes to multiple levels or circular reporting) of what always is found to be a Rossisaid.

Rossisaid = Vaporware.

Rossi is full of shit.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Axil

Post by Axil »

Ivy Matt wrote:
Axil wrote:To avoid compromising his patents, Rossi cannot reveal anything about the content of his technology until the patents are reviewed.
What does it mean to "compromise" a patent? Could you point to some legislation or USPTO rule that backs up what you're saying here?
According to the new patent regulations put in place a few years ago, any public discussion about the details of system manys those detail open source and not patentable.

http://patents.stackexchange.com/questi ... ernet?rq=1

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

You are misunderstand/misquoting the site you linked.
Disclosing an IDEA and/or making it open source or general knowledge can invalidate a subsequent patent application.
But if you do not disclose it and just make a patent application the protection start from the day you deposit the patent application.

Additionally, from the very same link you posted:

"The U.S. is a 'first to file' system, meaning that someone can steal your idea and file an application before you. There is a thing called a "provisional patent application" that lets you "lock in" a submission date for an idea and use the term "patent pending". If you decide to file a full patent application, the date you submitted the provisional application is used as the submission date for the patent. This can give you more time to put together a full patent application without worrying about someone jumping in and beating you to it."

There is really no reason NOT to disclose the whole process if Mr. Rossi really is looking for a USPTO patent protection.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:You are misunderstand/misquoting the site you linked.
Disclosing an IDEA and/or making it open source or general knowledge can invalidate a subsequent patent application.
But if you do not disclose it and just make a patent application the protection start from the day you deposit the patent application.

Additionally, from the very same link you posted:

"The U.S. is a 'first to file' system, meaning that someone can steal your idea and file an application before you. There is a thing called a "provisional patent application" that lets you "lock in" a submission date for an idea and use the term "patent pending". If you decide to file a full patent application, the date you submitted the provisional application is used as the submission date for the patent. This can give you more time to put together a full patent application without worrying about someone jumping in and beating you to it."

There is really no reason NOT to disclose the whole process if Mr. Rossi really is looking for a USPTO patent protection.
Dear Giorgio,

Rossi has not protected most of his technology with patent applications. He does discuss the stuff covered under the one patent that he has produced. He has 204 patent applications to go. To my knowledge, none of these patents have been filed yet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Ah, here we are again at Rossisaid.
204 patents, which by the way Rossisaid claims a portion of which were submitted.

The point is, if you have submitted an application, then it is protected. You can talk about it all you want, and you still retain IP rights. All this talk about how he must keep secrets is horseshit and misdirection for the uninformed. Again, typical behaviour of a scam artist.

Why all the secrecy? More than likely, because he has nothing to hide; as in vaporware.
Rossi has clearly pursued a path over multiple years which seeks validation with multiple appeals to authority, all of which have turned out to be horseshit. Suchs as "Hey look, I am talking to NASA, that means my stuff is real and works!!!" Whereas the NASA view of things was the polar opposite, "Let's see if Rossiclown has something, oh wait, he wants us to pay for the privilege at a cost of $15 million...up front...no questions allowed..."

Rossi is full of shit.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Axil

Post by Axil »

ladajo wrote:Ah, here we are again at Rossisaid.
204 patents, which by the way Rossisaid claims a portion of which were submitted.

The point is, if you have submitted an application, then it is protected. You can talk about it all you want, and you still retain IP rights. All this talk about how he must keep secrets is horseshit and misdirection for the uninformed. Again, typical behaviour of a scam artist.

Why all the secrecy? More than likely, because he has nothing to hide; as in vaporware.
Rossi has clearly pursued a path over multiple years which seeks validation with multiple appeals to authority, all of which have turned out to be horseshit. Suchs as "Hey look, I am talking to NASA, that means my stuff is real and works!!!" Whereas the NASA view of things was the polar opposite, "Let's see if Rossiclown has something, oh wait, he wants us to pay for the privilege at a cost of $15 million...up front...no questions allowed..."

Rossi is full of shit.
It seems prudent to me that it is better to be safe than sorry. I would not talk until all the patents were approved. Even more prudent, I would not talk at all to anybody let along on the internet. But that is just me.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:It seems prudent to me that it is better to be safe than sorry. I would not talk until all the patents were approved. Even more prudent, I would not talk at all to anybody let along on the internet. But that is just me.
If he kept this line of behavior from the start than I wouldn't object. But let's not forget that Rossi himself has been releasing information and disclosing details with his distributors.
You either talk and disclose about your technology or you don't. Talking under condition of getting before a monetary payment has statistically always been an indication of fraud/scam.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:
Axil wrote:It seems prudent to me that it is better to be safe than sorry. I would not talk until all the patents were approved. Even more prudent, I would not talk at all to anybody let along on the internet. But that is just me.
If he kept this line of behavior from the start than I wouldn't object. But let's not forget that Rossi himself has been releasing information and disclosing details with his distributors.
You either talk and disclose about your technology or you don't. Talking under condition of getting before a monetary payment has statistically always been an indication of fraud/scam.
Rossi has a huge fault, he talks way too much, but as someone who wants to know what he is doing that fault is fine with me; I'll take all that I can get.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Ok, and back to the core point on this line: If there is a Patent Application, there is no longer any reason to keep what is in the patent secret.
Why is Rossiclown and Industrial Heat keeping everything so secret? Why do they not release the location, the application, anything?
It is the same shenanigans as the Rossiclown "Secret U.S. Factories" that he claimed, and then denied when questioned by a real government authority.
Why doesn't any of the Rossiclown Faithful remember (or even at the time notice) how clearly he was caught in his own lie?

Why doesn't any of the Rossiclown Faithful remember when he was caught out in the lie about the shipping of units, only to be called out with photos showing the same unit being recycled for different "events"?

Where is that unit now? Was it shipped as he claimed it would be? Strange how he no longer talks about that secret customer...or any of the other secret customers he claimed to have shipped 14 or so units to (Somebody idiot check me on the count, I may be off plus or minus a couple).

Why won't Rossiclown tell the truth about his legal convictions in Italy and resulting incarcerations?
How did he get U.S. citizenship, permanent resident alien status, or even a Visa for extended stay as a Convicted Felon?
I think he lied on the applications. I would be really interested for someone to pull the string on that one with Immigration...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:Rossi has a huge fault, he talks way too much
You call that "fault", but I call that snake oil salesmen strategy. I have seen it so many times and the script is always the same.
Mr. Rossi is just selling hope, and you guys are biting hard to that hope.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Is the sale of vaporware a fraud, or is it a case of buyer beware? What does your legal research say about this issue?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

Why wasn't Bill Gates ever convicted of fraud?

From wikipedia:

Announcing a product which does not exist to gain a competitive advantage is illegal via Section 2 of the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890, but few hardware or software developers have been found guilty of it. The section requires proof that the announcement is both provably false, and has actual or likely market impact.[30] False or misleading announcements designed to influence stock prices are illegal under United States securities fraud laws.[31] The complex and changing nature of the computer industry, marketing techniques, and lack of precedence for these laws applied to the industry can mean developers are not aware their actions are illegal. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission issued a statement in 1984 with the goal of reminding companies that securities fraud also applies to "statements that can reasonably be expected to reach investors and the trading markets".[32]

Several companies have been accused in court of using knowingly false announcements to gain market advantage. In 1969, The United States Justice Department accused IBM of doing this in the caseUnited States v. IBM. After IBM's competitor Control Data Corporation (CDC) released a computer IBM announced the System/360 Model 91. The announcement resulted in a significant reduction in sales of CDC's product. The Justice Department accused IBM of doing this intentionally because the System/360 Model 91 was not released until three years later.[33][34] IBM avoided preannouncing products during the antitrust case, but after the case ended it resumed the practice. The company likely announced its PCjr in November 1983—four months before general availability in March 1984—to hurt sales of rival home computers during the important Christmas sales season.[35][36]The practice was not called "vaporware" at the time, but publications have since used the word to refer specifically to it. Similar cases have been filed against Kodak film company, AT&T, and Xerox.[37]

US District Judge Stanley Sporkin was a vocal opponent of the practice during his review of the settlement resulting from United States v. Microsoft Corp. in 1994. "Vaporware is a practice that is deceitful on its face and everybody in the business community knows it," said Sporkin.[38] One of the accusations made during the trial was that Microsoft has illegally used early announcements. The review began when three anonymous companies protested the settlement, claiming the government did not thoroughly investigate Microsoft's use of the practice. Specifically, they claimed Microsoft announced its Quick Basic 3 program to slow sales of its competitor Borland's recently released Turbo Basic program.[37] The review was dismissed for lack of explicit proof.[37]

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

1.) Wikipedia is not a real reference.

2.) What has what you posted have to do with Rossiclown? Are you really trying to argue that we can't hold Rossiclown accountable until we hold Bill Gates accountable? Really?

<Somewhat speechless while considering possible blatant idiocy of presented argument>

parallel

Post by parallel »

ladajoclown, ladajofraud, ladajosaid ladajo is full of shit. Note these are OK terms as ladajo uses them frequently while claiming others are hurting his feelings.
Did ladajo EVER contribute anything to this discussion other than pages and pages of ladajosaid rubbish?

Axil

Post by Axil »

ladajo wrote:1.) Wikipedia is not a real reference.

2.) What has what you posted have to do with Rossiclown? Are you really trying to argue that we can't hold Rossiclown accountable until we hold Bill Gates accountable? Really?

<Somewhat speechless while considering possible blatant idiocy of presented argument>
Dear ladajo,

You are like a prist in a Navada whore house, It's sin but it's legel. Methinks thou dost protest too much