LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:GIorgio,
What degree, or even formal education, did Faraday or Edison have?
Your trying to compare Mr. Rossi and Fabiani to Edison and Faraday is meaningless. Regardless the education and the results attained by Edison and Faraday in their lives, the huge difference between them and Rossi is in the way they promoted their inventions and their research.
Edison and Faraday was openly showing their scientific advancement to exhibitions and scientific fairs around the world, spreading their discoveries and the new obtained knowledge so that everyone could test it, on the contrary of your Mr. Rossi that is only able to invoke NDA, secret agents conspiracies, obscure powers and snakes as excuses to prevent any meaningful verification of his claims.

And that, dear parallel, is where you see the difference between a real scientist and a crackpot.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

How many science and engineering degree granting institutions existed in 1865 in the U.S.?
Edison took Chemistry at Cooper Union 1875-1879, however...
I'll save you the trouble: Not many. Of the estimated 200 colleges servicing 32 million people in the U.S. at the time, the vast majority supported Theologically based Liberal Arts curriculums. Technical (non-agricultural, interestingly based in agricultural land-grant institutions for the most part) was just beginning to pick up momentum, and was in reaction to the now ending industrial revolution (having hit its limits - so to speak). This laid the ground for the soon to come technological revolution exploding across the U.S. post Civil War.

Faraday was educated in physics by John Tatum, and chemistry by Sir Humphry Davy. Davy then hired Faraday on as a lab assistant in 1813 (and defacto graduate student). This in turn lead to Faraday spending his adult life at the Royal Institute, where eventually he became a Professor of Chemistry.

So your point is what again?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

And Edison contrary to popular believe was not a great inventor. His genius was he was one of the first inventors to apply the principles of mass production and large-scale teamwork to the process of invention, and because of that, he is often credited with the creation of the first industrial research laboratory. He hired many engineers and inventors at the time and give them a steady paycheck in turn for them turning over thier ideas and developments to him so he could patent them. Although one could consider the quite brilliant because it never been done on the scale that he had done it before, in essence he was the world's first manager of an idea lab. Think of something like skunk works from Lockheed Martin . Or Oak Ridge .or White Sands. So the comparison isn't even close.
Look at some of the names that worked for him.
Edward Goodrich Acheson - chemist, worked at Menlo Park 1880-1884
William Symes Andrews - started at the Menlo Park machine shop 1879
Charles Batchelor - "chief experimental assistant"
John I. Beggs - manager of Edison Illuminating Company in New York, 1886
William Kennedy Dickson - joined Menlo Park in 18823, worked on the motion picture camera
Justus B. Entz - joined Edison Machine Works in 1887
Reginald Fessenden - worked at the Edison Machine Works in 1886
Henry Ford - engineer Edison Illuminating Company Detroit, Michigan, 1891-1899
William Joseph Hammer - started as laboratory assistant Menlo Park in 1879
Miller Reese Hutchison - inventor of hearing aid
Edward Hibberd Johnson - started in 1909, chief engineer at West Orange laboratory 1912-1918
Samuel Insull - started in 1881, rose to become VP of General Electric (1892) then President of Chicago Edison
Kunihiko Iwadare - joined Edison Machine Works in 1887
Francis Jehl - laboratory assistant Menlo Park 1879-1882
Arthur E. Kennelly - engineer, experimentalist at West Orange laboratory 1887-1894
John Kruesi - started 1872, was head machinist, at Newark, Menlo Park, Edison Machine Works
Lewis Howard Latimer - hired 1884 as a draftsman, continued working for General Electric
John W. Lieb - worked at the Edison Machine Works in 1881
Thomas Commerford Martin - electrical engineer, worked at Menlo Park 1877–1879
George F. Morrison - started at Edison Lamp Works 1882
Edwin Stanton Porter - joined the Edison Manufacturing Company 1899
Frank J. Sprague - Joined Menlo Park 1883, became known as the "Father of Electric Traction".
Nikola Tesla - electrical engineer and inventor, worked at the Edison Machine Works in 1884
Francis Robbins Upton - mathematician/physicist, joined Menlo Park 1878
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

To the twits that failed to understand the point.
Georgio tried to make the point that Fabiani could not be believed because he didn't have the right piece of parchment. Others, and probably him too, as he is so arrogant, have tried the same ploy against Rossi. Only trolls, who have never done anything significant themselves, waste space on such nonsense.

Re Edison, Wiki says. "In school, the young Edison's mind often wandered, and his teacher, the Reverend Engle, was overheard calling him "addled". This ended Edison's three months of official schooling." If you bothered to read the rest you would discover he did actually invent the phonograph.

Re Faraday. Wiki says. "Although Faraday received little formal education, he was one of the most influential scientists in history." snip
"The young Michael Faraday, who was the third of four children, having only the most basic school education, had to educate himself.[9] At fourteen he became the apprentice to George Riebau, a local bookbinder and bookseller in Blandford Street"
"Faraday subsequently sent Davy a three-hundred-page book based on notes that he had taken during these lectures. Davy's reply was immediate, kind, and favourable. In 1813, when Davy damaged his eyesight in an accident with nitrogen trichloride, he decided to employ Faraday as an assistant. "
"In the class-based English society of the time, Faraday was not considered a gentleman. When Davy set out on a long tour of the continent in 1813–15, his valet did not wish to go. Instead, Faraday went as Davy's scientific assistant, and was asked to act as Davy's valet until a replacement could be found in Paris. Faraday was forced to fill the role of valet as well as assistant throughout the trip. Davy's wife, Jane Apreece, refused to treat Faraday as an equal (making him travel outside the coach, eat with the servants, etc.), "

So you are completely wrong and just demonstrate your unwarranted adulation of a piece of parchment - again.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Re Edison, Wiki says. "In school, the young Edison's mind often wandered, and his teacher, the Reverend Engle, was overheard calling him "addled". This ended Edison's three months of official schooling." If you bothered to read the rest you would discover he did actually invent the phonograph.

But it was Emile Berliner that made it usable for the common man and it was not until after Victors work was the Edison phonograph able to be as easy to use.
Edison had thousands of patents, His genius was he was one of the first inventors to apply the principles of mass production and large-scale teamwork to the process of invention. as I stated before.
But in your intense defense of Rossi it seems you missed my point. which was... never mind you would just not get it.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Any one man no matter how ingenious can't break through the paradyn barrier to get his ideas into everyday life. Neither Tesla or Edison could do it own their own. They both were pawns in the great game of the 20th century. It took the power, money, greed, and business savvy of J. P. Morgan to setup the first great electrical company, General Electric, which spread the new electrical revolution around the world.

Morgan got the patents for the alternating current technology from Testa for a pittance and Tesla died a pauper.The board of Edison General Electric decided to adopt AC power, and dropped Edison's name; the company was now called "General Electric." Edison was then out of the game. He would refuse to set foot in any General Electric plants for the next 30 years, but his ability to reinvent himself matched his scientific prowess. Edison had to let the great inventions of his early life go, taken away from him by others. But in the second half of his life he would invent the first motion picture camera, improve his phonograph, and become America's first entertainment mogul. "People will forget," he stated with typical bravado, "that my name ever was connected with anything electrical."

The job that will be most important will be left to the money men that Rossi is working for. These men will do battle with the powers that be for the future of humankind. If they are smart enough, greedy enough, powerful enough, and savvy enough to get LENR into our lives, then Rossi's work and his name will not be forgotten like so many other betrayed men of genius down through the years.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:So you are completely wrong and just demonstrate your unwarranted adulation of a piece of parchment - again.
As always, dear parallel, you just understand what you wish to understand. No surprise here.
Let me restate what I wrote in a form that might be more easy for you to absorb.

1) I am not interested in one's professional titles like "Eng." or "Dr." (I do not use them myself), but you should not use one unless you earned it.

2) What makes the difference between a real scientist and wishful scientists is the way you make your researches and ESPECIALLY the way you promote and defend your ideas and discoveries in front of other people, including skeptics.

Faraday and Edison belongs to the "real scientists" group (open to discus and to have people test and replicate their discoveries).
Rossi belongs to the "wishful scientists" group (just complaining like a kid because people do not blindly believe him).
Fabiani, after his statement that they have taken "photographs of creatures that emit pure light" inside the reactor, belongs probably to the "intoxicated scientist" group (too much abuse of some heavy synthetic stuff maybe....).

And by the way, as you defined yourself several times here on this forum as "an Engineer", I would really like to hear your "Engineer" opinion about these "creatures that emit pure light" that reside inside Mr. Rossi reactor.

I am very very curious to hear your comments on this.

RERT

Post by RERT »

Since the topic is 'LENR is Real' not just 'Rossi acts like a fraud', I thought this was interesting.

http://news.newenergytimes.net/2015/11/ ... continues/

Mitsubishi Heavy, Toyota, Nissan are pretty real...

R.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

RERT wrote:Since the topic is 'LENR is Real' not just 'Rossi acts like a fraud', I thought this was interesting.
Snip...
Mitsubishi Heavy, Toyota, Nissan are pretty real...
Any type of research is interesting and welcome, after all knowledge can improve only through research results, be it positive or negative.
What's important is to remember that just because there is real research going on it does not mean that there will be a real phenomena to be discovered. Scientific history is full of such examples unfortunately.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Georgio,

You are so narrow minded it is painful to watch.
Rossi is a qualified engineer, he has a PhD from one of the oldest universities, as well as some honary degree from an on-line outfit you sought to made fun of.
What makes the difference between a real scientist and wishful scientists is the way you make your researches and ESPECIALLY the way you promote and defend your ideas and discoveries in front of other people, including skeptics.
Yes. For example the drug companies and major manufacturing companies say NOTHING until after the subject has been patented. Rossi, even though he was refused a patent for many years, at least gave some demonstrations and said as much as he could without giving the IP away. To say that all new information only comes from open research is so stupid only someone who is blind or has an IQ of <80 would say such a thing.
You obviously fail to understand the difference between research funded by public grant money and the real world.
And by the way, as you defined yourself several times here on this forum as "an Engineer", I would really like to hear your "Engineer" opinion about these "creatures that emit pure light" that reside inside Mr. Rossi reactor.
I have no idea what this is although I don’t doubt he saw light. Axil has speculated about it should you really be interested in it - that I doubt..

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Ah, parallel, after all these years you are still lying in the name of Rossi. You are indeed a worthy Minion of him.
parallel wrote:Rossi is a qualified engineer, he has a PhD from one of the oldest universities, as well as some honary degree from an on-line outfit you sought to made fun of.
Firstly, no, Mr. Rossi IS NOT an Engineer. His degree is in "Human Study - PHYLOSOPHY". Last I checked, this does not qualify you as an Engineer. That of course provided you have any idea of what a study course in Engineering really consist of. And to be more clear, also honorary degrees (from bullshit associations with no courses nor teachers) don't grant you knowledge.

And unless you have a proper Degree Certificate, using the title of Eng. in Italy is considered a crime. So there is no "Dr.Eng. Rossi", and there is not even an "Eng. Rossi", but there is simply a Mr. Rossi or a "Philosopher Rossi".

parallel wrote:Yes. For example the drug companies and major manufacturing companies say NOTHING until after the subject has been patented. Rossi, even though he was refused a patent for many years, at least gave some demonstrations and said as much as he could without giving the IP away. To say that all new information only comes from open research is so stupid only someone who is blind or has an IQ of <80 would say such a thing.
You obviously fail to understand the difference between research funded by public grant money and the real world.
The way you try to escape from a discussion where you have no login nor technical arguments to offer is always the same.
1. You invoke random arguments that your opponent never raised and have nothing to do with the argument in discussion (all new information only comes from open research (?), difference between research funded by public grant money and the real world(?!?)
2. You try to insult your opponent with phrases worth of a 6th grader trying to start a flame war so that everyone forgets the real argument.

After all these years you still didn't realize that this pattern doesn't work on me parallel? Maybe you should try to invest some time and some effort in getting a proper Engineering education, so one day you might finally have proper arguments to reply to my points :roll:.

parallel wrote:
giorgio wrote:And by the way, as you defined yourself several times here on this forum as "an Engineer", I would really like to hear your "Engineer" opinion about these "creatures that emit pure light" that reside inside Mr. Rossi reactor.
I have no idea what this is although I don’t doubt he saw light.
No, he didn't see light, he stated that he saw "creatures that emit pure light".
What's the problem parallel, defending this phrase of the chief engineer of your beloved master is too much even for you?
Might it be that finally some cracks in your iron belief are starting to appear? :mrgreen:

parallel

Post by parallel »

Georgio,

You are a libelous troll. Rossi has a valid PhD from Universita degli Studi di Milano. His degree is Dr. of Philosophy as were all advanced degrees at one time. The subject of his thesis in relativity is hardly “humanities” no matter what the name of the place.
http://www.nyteknik.se/incoming/article ... _Milan.pdf
(Google: the graduation exam in Philosophy with a hundred and ten votes of one hundred and ten achieving the qualificia academic doctorate degree in Philosophy. This certificate is niascia on plain paper, on application. is permitted by law)

Apart from school studies Rossi learnt how to work metal working in his father’s metal working business. Pity that so few Western engineers know how to do this.

That you fail to follow what I wrote no surprise. You appear to be an idiot. Are you still a student that you know so little of the real world? If you want to joint the other mindless trolls I will probably ignore you in the future. This is just a waste of time.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Why is the seal different? first look at the letterhead seal then look at the building on the Rossi document/ they do not match
download/file.php?mode=view&id=96

Not saying fraud just curious.
As for the "creatures that emit pure light" that may just be a translation error of slang and I would worry much about that statment
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (148.89 KiB) Viewed 5826 times

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Georgio,

You are a libelous troll. Rossi has a valid PhD from Universita degli Studi di Milano. His degree is Dr. of Philosophy as were all advanced degrees at one time. The subject of his thesis in relativity is hardly “humanities” no matter what the name of the place.
http://www.nyteknik.se/incoming/article ... _Milan.pdf
(Google: the graduation exam in Philosophy with a hundred and ten votes of one hundred and ten achieving the qualificia academic doctorate degree in Philosophy. This certificate is niascia on plain paper, on application. is permitted by law)

Apart from school studies Rossi learnt how to work metal working in his father’s metal working business. Pity that so few Western engineers know how to do this.

That you fail to follow what I wrote no surprise. You appear to be an idiot. Are you still a student that you know so little of the real world? If you want to joint the other mindless trolls I will probably ignore you in the future. This is just a waste of time.
Are you try to explain to me, "an Italian", how the Italian university system works?
And even more funny is your poor attempt to justify that "His degree is Dr. of Philosophy as were all advanced degrees at one time".....
Thank you for advising me. I am sure I will receive a letter too where they will advise me that they are removing my Eng. Degree to change it with a Degree in Philosophy! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rossi University, The UNIMI, DOE NOT ISSUE Engineering Degrees.
Here you can find a google translation of the all the coursed offered by UNIMI for a "Philosophy Degree"

The only University in Milano that can issue an Engineering Degree is the POLIMI.
You don't need Goggle translator here, our website is offered in Italian, English and Chinese.

As for the rest of your insults, they are self explanatory of your intellectual level, so there is no need for me to comment on them.
Oh, and by the way, you can ask Mr. Rossi to sue me whenever he wants if he felt libelled, he already have my name and full contacts from 2011.
I will be here waiting for that :roll:

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

paperburn1 wrote:Why is the seal different? first look at the letterhead seal then look at the building on the Rossi document/ they do not match
Not saying fraud just curious.
Rubber stamps bear not much weight in Italian Legal system. All what is required is that on the rubber stamp there must be the name of the Company/Institution. This is changing lately, but it is still very common for the same Company/Institution to have several rubber stamps completely different from each other.
paperburn1 wrote:As for the "creatures that emit pure light" that may just be a translation error of slang and I would worry much about that statment
It seems like that the interview was done in English. But anyhow it will be nice to hear from Mr. Fabiani what he meant, provided he is willing to.